Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
Yeah, I think I have 3-4 of them. I think I got a few on eBay. Seems like that can be a good place to get library occasionally cheaply.

Speaking of Face Records - my plunder of their little explosion of library listings last week has arrived today. Quite the haul of De Wolfe. I’ll post when I’m home from work.
By havershaw
Thanks for the dented wallet, Face Records.
BD6A5CDD-396B-4FEE-8AD8-78A0A9513570.jpeg
BD6A5CDD-396B-4FEE-8AD8-78A0A9513570.jpeg (565.57 KiB) Viewed 2246 times

Also got these two today - found a super cheap NM copy of one of my very favorite Chappell Mood and Dance Music LPs so I couldn’t pass it up - I seem to have a lot of VG+ or E graded Chappell and I love them enough that I’d like to have nicer copies.
9929004A-8CFA-4C41-826C-2C244BEF1FCD.jpeg
9929004A-8CFA-4C41-826C-2C244BEF1FCD.jpeg (515.07 KiB) Viewed 2246 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Does anyone have either of the Golden Pavilion reissues of Accadde A...? There was one using the original cover art on 2013 and another, with new art, in 2017. Curious if anyone knows which is the superior pressing or if you have just one, what your impressions are. Chin chin!
By havershaw
I have the black vinyl with the “new” artwork (with the pic of his wife on the front) which I kind of hate? At the very least, I hate the modern/boring typography.

Pressing sounds great though, as I recall. I don’t remember there being any kind of noise but I can doublecheck it tonight.

I wish I had one with the original artwork!
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:30 pm I have the black vinyl with the “new” artwork (with the pic of his wife on the front) which I kind of hate? At the very least, I hate the modern/boring typography.

Pressing sounds great though, as I recall. I don’t remember there being any kind of noise but I can doublecheck it tonight.

I wish I had one with the original artwork!
That'd be amazing if you have the time for a quick spot check.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:58 pm I have the 2013 it sound fine to me
Thanks, Tex!
By havershaw
oooook, sorry, busy day/night at work.

I have the 2017 back vinyl version (easy to get, cheap) and the vinyl is super quiet and clean sounding.
I don’t have anything to compare it to in terms of the master - seems super solid and clear without being overly bright or painful in the top, but it’s not the heaviest record in the low end department. Not saying it’s thin exactly, just not super fat in the lows.
By Mateo Sanboval
That's a great help, sir. A big thanks to all three of you. You've helped me set my course of action. Chin chin!
By Steve Powder
I loove that Accadde record, bought it in 2013. I painted the cover actually, tried atleast. That guy has such a feel good sound in his records like in his Jason Black record. It's still captivating to me
By texasvinyl
Ink I recommend tracking down a copy of the Cinedelic (not the pic disc). Btf has been less than great, and Marco did a really nice job with tip on jackets and everything.
By deafmetal
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:21 am Ink I recommend tracking down a copy of the Cinedelic (not the pic disc). Btf has been less than great, and Marco did a really nice job with tip on jackets and everything.
I might have an extra copy of the Cinedelic if you want one, I just need to dig through the stacks a bit to find it again.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:21 am Ink I recommend tracking down a copy of the Cinedelic (not the pic disc). Btf has been less than great, and Marco did a really nice job with tip on jackets and everything.
I've been looking for a copy in the Us for a while and it always seems to sit around $75-$100 which I just don't want to pay. Although that's shitty to see that the label reissuing it isn't up to snuff. I'll just have to wait and see what people think about that release before spending the money on it.
By reddye6
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 pm Sounds much better than the GP. Clearer view of the boob. All is well.

Photos of naked people in forest/grassy settings make me slightly uncomfortable. I think it's because we have ticks in the US Northeast.
By havershaw
These three polish library records are all really great (and they’re on Spotify if you wanna try before you buy).

The two with modern covers are comps but it’s all a lot of good stuff.
I got led to these after I got some Apollo library records, which are pretty spotty in terms of quality. Some killer tracks but lots of polka/circus.
These comps seem to be the best of the best stuff and I can’t recommend them enough.
(Mastering might be a little bass heavy but I don’t have OGs to compare to.)
50B0259C-67AE-4471-A724-D1B97E63661D.jpeg
50B0259C-67AE-4471-A724-D1B97E63661D.jpeg (713.95 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
By milliondollars
nice polish haul @havershaw. never seen these Milian comps. will check them out!

have a little Montparnasse 2000 question for you!
...every now and then i try to fill a little gap or two and apparently i am missing Africadelic's The Name 2 (MP57) and was checking the discogs entry. there is a recent review saying that vol. 2 is the same record as vol. 1. only differemce is the track titles being written in french on one and in english on the other. is that even possible?? could you do a little check for me and the fine folks on this forum?
By Mateo Sanboval
Havershaw, thanks for sharing the Milian comps. I meant to respond to this last week. I've been streaming them near-daily at work. Great fun. I need to locate a US distributor for these.
By havershaw
milliondollars wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:39 pm nice polish haul @havershaw. never seen these Milian comps. will check them out!

have a little Montparnasse 2000 question for you!
...every now and then i try to fill a little gap or two and apparently i am missing Africadelic's The Name 2 (MP57) and was checking the discogs entry. there is a recent review saying that vol. 2 is the same record as vol. 1. only differemce is the track titles being written in french on one and in english on the other. is that even possible?? could you do a little check for me and the fine folks on this forum?
Yeah the Milian comps are really cool! More even than the records I managed to find.

I have both of those Africadelic records ripped and I can send them to you.
From what I recall, basically it’s the same songs on both records, with different overdubs and different mixes. I can’t recall the difference right off the top of my head but I can double check them in the morning.
And DM your email and I can send you the rips if you wanna hear them yourself.
Last edited by havershaw on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By havershaw
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:44 pm Havershaw, thanks for sharing the Milian comps. I meant to respond to this last week. I've been streaming them near-daily at work. Great fun. I need to locate a US distributor for these.
Yeah I wasn’t able to find them in the US so I broke down and ordered them all from Poland. Glad you’re digging them!