Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
^this, always, all the time, whenever
By ScoJo
^ (jesus...pics off my phone are getting worse ;)

This is thoroughly badass.

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 919 times

Funny exchange with my gf during the opening track (before fucking off out of the room)...

SJ drops needle.
After 15 seconds
The GF: Ugh.
SJ: (used to her 'snap disliking' of things) Really?
The GF: What's this?
SJ: (shows cover)
GF: Yes, but what is it?
SJ: Film music. It's recent, but has old soul vocalists on it. Tavares, The OJs...
GF: And who is this?
SJ: The OJs.
GF: I don't like it.
SJ: They're a legendary group, it's great.
GF: It's the bass sound. I don't like it.
SJ: I love it.
GF: (not in a mean way) Well you would. (exits)
SJ sits listening for a minute, laughs.
By Dollarhyde

Gotta concur with you on this one @scojo

A lost little masterpiece, seriously do not don't sleep on this one if you dig retro/vintage electronics. The record is all over the place but in all the best ways, I can hear so many of my other favourite electronic records/ artists in here: a bit of Paddy Kingsland, but of Suzanne Ciani, a bit of Dick Hyman, le groupe X even (for those that know). Really enjoying it. The air seller is also good but not in the league of this gem
By Dollarhyde
ScoJo wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:10 pm SJ sits listening for a minute, laughs.
Heh, I have certain records in my collection that not only the wife doesn't like but within seconds make her scream OMG! Turn that it off!!
By ScoJo
@dollar - oh believe me, i reckon 9/10ths of my LPs are not allowed on her watch! One day I'm going to make good on my threat of asking her to do a podcast with me, where we go through and listen to every one of my soundtracks alphabetically, one per episode, and get her thoughts/comments in response to each LP. I think it would be hilarious!

Regarding Alice, beautifully put. Yep, peeps should jump on that one avec le swiftness!