Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

The Moog sale is so awful.

This whole bandcamp situation is pretty shitty too. I have over 600 albums I've purchase over the last decade on there. Now I need to go through and make sure I have digital copy downloaded to a hard drive bc it's most likely going to collapse in the near future.

As for Discogs, I'm not entirely sure a sale would be bad as they are currently in a state of shit. They have been bombarded by bot and spam accounts for what a year now? I've seen no decrease, every single day in my "wantlist" message there is at least 5+ bot account sales. If they can get a company that has the power to actually run tech support and a functioning data base then make the sale.
Classic capitalism shitshow story. The founders sold out and are to blame. This country loves to vote for this stuff, and obsesses over their quarterly investment returns and screams if they go down. All priorities on short-term gains over all else.
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:44 pm The Moog sale is so awful.

This whole bandcamp situation is pretty shitty too. I have over 600 albums I've purchase over the last decade on there. Now I need to go through and make sure I have digital copy downloaded to a hard drive bc it's most likely going to collapse in the near future.

As for Discogs, I'm not entirely sure a sale would be bad as they are currently in a state of shit. They have been bombarded by bot and spam accounts for what a year now? I've seen no decrease, every single day in my "wantlist" message there is at least 5+ bot account sales. If they can get a company that has the power to actually run tech support and a functioning data base then make the sale.
I've been dreading this...I've largely stopped collecting physical media but I'm in the same boat....a decade of purchases on bandcamp and I don't think I've downloaded more than 10 albums