Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Such important music in my life. I hope he was surrounded by love and peace. Quite something that he passed on the exact same date as Tarkovsky in 1986.
By reddye6
His son's FB post:

My dear ones!

I was supposed to publish this first, but at 7AM in the morning I already left for the city Moscow, from where my wife Anastasia & I have just returned. We collected documents & are preparing for mourning events. Today at 6 AM we're going back to the capital to agree on the place, time & date of the funeral. Tomorrow evening I will report this separately, here on my FB page.

Yesterday, December 29, at 6 AM, my dad, the great Soviet & Russian composer Eduard Nikolaevich Artemiev, died in a Joint Hospital with the Polyclinic of the Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation.

Dear dad!

Thank you for everything you've done, for your great music! You were, you're & always will be in our hearts. And you. and your beautiful music, tells us about the love of life, goodness & eternal! You dreamed of staging a Mystery & you've created it with the result of your whole life.
The Kingdom of Heaven & Eternal Memory to You!

I'd be grateful to each of You if You can visit the temple & light a candle for the newly deceased servant of God Alexy, or order a sorokoust.
God save all of You!