Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
Hey a quick question about this record swap. What is usually the total price range you normally spend (before shipping) on each other. This will be my first Holiday Exchange so I want to make sure I’m not either asking too much or spending too much or little for that matter
By Dollarhyde
@pete

I usually pick a few things ranging from £10 to £30 max, so whoever is buying has the choice to spend what the feel they can.

Also things that are not too hard to track down I guess makes it easier too.
By CrossedPete
Ok thanks also I assume it’s ok to go off script? If I find something that’s not on someone’s list but but too good to pass up I would assume that would be ok? Especially if I pick up a couple of things and at least one is on the list? I guess the worry is if they already have it.
By Jimmy_Mike
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:00 am Ok thanks also I assume it’s ok to go off script? If I find something that’s not on someone’s list but but too good to pass up I would assume that would be ok? Especially if I pick up a couple of things and at least one is on the list? I guess the worry is if they already have it.
Pete, the SHVE is Hampsterdam.
By Bezulsqy
Ideally I prefer to ship out a package by myself (and put some extra stuff in) but it might make more sense of having something shipped directly from the 'store' to the recipient. As in me in the EU sending something over to the UK or US and have a lot of shipping costs and in stead asking a seller in the US to ship it directly to the recipient in the US. That way I might spend more on a record because I save on shipping.
By Bezulsqy
Fastest Santa ever! And an extremely generous one! Could not wait opening the two packages.
One to add to my Morricone collection and one for my giallo collection. Very happy camper!
Attachments
30270111-3ACF-423F-A0DC-24115A13BCC8.jpeg
30270111-3ACF-423F-A0DC-24115A13BCC8.jpeg (508.17 KiB) Viewed 2950 times
By inksb
I have to apologize to my secret santa, you will most likely not receive your gift until after the holidays. It seems the company I purchased from is incapable of actually shipping items these days. He marked it shipped and it's been sitting for 12 days with out being taken to the post office. The multihead canine strikes again.
By Dollarhyde
Thanks Santa! So stoked to get double surprises also.
IMG_20211211_111234.jpg
IMG_20211211_111234.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2878 times
I've been meaning to get the possession ost ever since watching the film a number of years ago now, really much better than I remembered (I see that much of this score was unused also). It reminds me a little of Frizzi or Goblin (DOTD).

This Morricone also is wonderful and one I knew nothing of, lots of church organ, some cantori moderni vocals, and some beguiling proto analogue electronic drone wave on the penultimate track dall'oltretomba.
By tim28212
Thanks Bob (havershaw)! Looking forward to hearing your score to Teenage Badass. You're right , I've never heard of the movie but your score sound slike something I may like. Something to look forward to spinning when I get back from Floriday.
Attachments
PC094416.JPG
PC094416.JPG (228.67 KiB) Viewed 2819 times
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:28 am
Let me know how it is. It's on my want list.
I just got done giving it a late night spin. I recommend it if you like that early to mid 70's Nicolai style, bits of psychedelic mixed with classical sounds.
By havershaw
tim28212 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:21 am Thanks Bob (havershaw)! Looking forward to hearing your score to Teenage Badass. You're right , I've never heard of the movie but your score sound slike something I may like. Something to look forward to spinning when I get back from Floriday.
you’re welcome, @tim! hope you enjoy em both!
By Hatter313
My shipment will be going out this week!
By inksb
Thanks @tim!!! This was a pleasant surprise to get today. I was actually just complaining to my wife that we ran out of good honey a week ago so perfect timing
PSX_20211222_165437.jpg
PSX_20211222_165437.jpg (509.63 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
By tim28212
@inksb, awesome! That's from this years summer harvest. Not sure how fast you go through honey so should it start to crystalize simply heat some water to where it has a good steam coming off it (not boiling) and set the honey in it. The honey will go back to it's liquid state keeping it's consistancy.

Enjoy it!!