Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
It's interesting to see how RSD discussions have shrunk over the years on the boards. There's been a little bit of talk in relation to Village of the Damned, but there isn't even a topic on the first day of RSD 2021.

Is anyone going out tomorrow? I decided that I'm not getting up and will try to get what I want online. I only want a few things in this drop, anyway, and I like sleeping.

That being said, if anyone comes across a copy of The Liminanas "The World We Knew" OST LP and gets an extra copy, I'd buy it from you. I'm in the US, and I'm not seeing any of the stores stocking it because it is a UK RSD release.
By static14
Covid for sure didn't help. I almost decided to go this morning with my daughter but she's sleeping in so that got nixed.

the truth is aside for Village of The Damned (which a lot of us all ready grabbed) the list of releases was kind of underwhelming. I was interested in the Steely Dan albums but I have a feeling I won't have a problem grabbing those online.
By inksb
I am not a RSD fan. I don't like crowds so I just don't go when the shops open, I usually head in the afternoon when stuff has quieted down. With all the staggered releases that they have gone with due to covid I have a hard time knowing what is coming when and making the trip to my local shop's isn't really worth it because there is less that I want each RSD "drop".
By Hatter313
My favorite spot doesn’t do exclusives, just a big sale, so I’ll probably head over there in the afternoon. I’ve never been huge on it unless there were some RSD releases I really wanted and even then I figured I’d just get what I could and then wait a year for them to drop. I also wonder where all those people are the rest of the year. I support the two brick and mortars near me all the time, and then these people come out of the woodwork. Thrilled for the stores to get business but the crank in me wonders…
By texasvinyl
The last one I went to was in 2018. I got there at 2:30 AM and was 50+ back in line. The two Grant Green records I wanted were long gone.

This year I'll just grab it online or skip it. I wanted Quiet Kenny. I also recommend the Harold Land which I was able to get early.
By tim28212
I went out today after the crowds. didn't find much. Several copies of both Steely Dan releases. I did see VOTD at one store and thought about picking it up in case someone here wanted it but then ran into a fellow soundtrack lover who said he was interested in it so I told him to get it. Not sure if he did. Found a few non-RSD titles but others a bust.
By Hatter313
Went to my spot, used their RSD sale to pull the trigger on a first Italian pressing ‘Roller’ and a first Japanese ‘ Il fantastico viaggio del "bagarozzo" Mark’

He’s had them for years but it was time they came home with me. He’s got a Japanese roller as well but no obi so I went with the Italian. My OG goblin game is growing strong.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:53 pm Went to my spot, used their RSD sale to pull the trigger on a first Italian pressing ‘Roller’ and a first Japanese ‘ Il fantastico viaggio del "bagarozzo" Mark’

He’s had them for years but it was time they came home with me. He’s got a Japanese roller as well but no obi so I went with the Italian. My OG goblin game is growing strong.
Awesome! Congrats, Hatter. Beautiful albums and of course great to own OGs.
I was about to pull the trigger (online) on an Italian OG of Notturno but it was just still a tad too expensive so I‘ll keep looking.
By ScoJo
I picked up the Finders Keepers BELLADONNA OF SADNESS OST/Masahiko Sato unreleased two track 7" RSD release pretty swiftly and easily this morning from Sister Ray Records in London. Happy to add that to my Belladonna LP on the shelf :)

Really glad I wasn't trying to score the Prince LP.
By blindguy
Funny it's come up on here a few times, but the Steely Dan records ahve been unobtainable for me in the US. I was online only yesterday, and had them in my cart a couple times but no luck. Given the amount available I never would have guessed. if anyone happens to know any low key online shops that somehow have them, please let me know.

Edit: managed to grab both on discogs for about list price. i think they may have literally just been listed because i only saw one and after buying it the other was there. So assuming all my orders come through i managed to get all my wants this year. Best of luck to anyone still on the hunt!
Last edited by blindguy on Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
Anyone know where I can get a copy of Giuliano Sorgini Under Pompelmo? Dusty Groove sold out before I could order a copy.
By Hatter313
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:21 am
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:53 pm Went to my spot, used their RSD sale to pull the trigger on a first Italian pressing ‘Roller’ and a first Japanese ‘ Il fantastico viaggio del "bagarozzo" Mark’

Awesome! Congrats, Hatter. Beautiful albums and of course great to own OGs.
I was about to pull the trigger (online) on an Italian OG of Notturno but it was just still a tad too expensive so I‘ll keep looking.
Yeah I’ve been slowly flipping my AMS reissues with original pressings, as they present themselves really.
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:13 pm Anyone know where I can get a copy of Giuliano Sorgini Under Pompelmo? Dusty Groove sold out before I could order a copy.
Rough Trade is selling their remaining RSD stock starting Monday at noon EST and have it listed as "Available Online Soon". That sounds sto me like they have have some. Otherwise I would think it would be Out of Stock. Light In the Attic had it with No Buying Options which might mean it will be available whenever they sell their RSD online.
By reddye6
tim28212 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:13 pm Anyone know where I can get a copy of Giuliano Sorgini Under Pompelmo? Dusty Groove sold out before I could order a copy.
Rough Trade is selling their remaining RSD stock starting Monday at noon EST and have it listed as "Available Online Soon". That sounds sto me like they have have some. Otherwise I would think it would be Out of Stock. Light In the Attic had it with No Buying Options which might mean it will be available whenever they sell their RSD online.
Bullmoose has it in stock. They will be releasing their RSD vinyl for online purchasing Monday at 8 am Eastern.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35031567/gi ... -exclusive
By inksb
Thanks guys! I was able to grab a copy from 2HD. For those that don't know you can use MUSICCABINT for 15% off
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:56 pm Thanks guys! I was able to grab a copy from 2HD. For those that don't know you can use MUSICCABINT for 15% off
Oof, wish I had seen this before I ordered Psycheground last night. Oh well.

Apart from that and Village of the Damned, not too much for me to get excited about this RSD, but that’s nothing super new. I don’t care too much for crowds and lines and stuff, and it’s pretty rare there’s been a RSD reissue that I’d prefer over an original. I can’t think of the last time I had to pay a ton for a RSD release after the fact.
By monsterworship
i had people under the stairs on my list but I guess it got moved to July.
ghost of mars was also cancelled.
and i picked up the village of the damned from that french site earlier this year.

As far as pickups.
The only soundtrack related thing i got was, the Stillwater demo's ep is amazing.
The Wipers youth of america release is also.
Also got Quiet Kenny.

And the next day I picked up the Wire - book set and the lenticular Under Pompelmo.
By reddye6
I ended up doing all of my purchasing online. Got the live Tangerine Dream 2-LPs and Ciani "Xenon" 7" from Dusty Groove (also added a new Toshinori Kondo LP to my order) and The Liminanas "The World We Knew" OST LP from Townsend Music.
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:04 pm I want that Ciani 7" but damn it's $27 for what 5 minutes of music?
Yeah, I realized that only right when I hit the button to submit my order.

But I played Xenon a lot as a teenager, so I felt a nostalgic obligation to get it.