Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
I grabbed Quiet Kenny and Egyptian Jazz by Salah Ragab. That’s it for RSD titles. I also picked up some real gems from a vintage record store that doesn’t do RSD. I’ll post a pic later.

I highly recommend Salah Ragab. That album sounds great. A key track is Egypt Strut.
By tim28212
went out yesterday after the crowds and was surprised to see these 2. I was on the fence about both but since I had credit with the store I picked them up. Out of pocket, under $20 for both.
Attachments
P7184313.JPG
P7184313.JPG (404.18 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
By Bub
In the latest Mondo newsletter, Spencer is teasing that they will have copies of The Keep for sale. And possibly this week? Super stoked I dropped $60 for a copy at Transmission. To be fair though, with Mondo's current shipping prices & getting double taxed, it'll probably come out to about the same or close to it. I wonder if he'll drop ship from the states to save money. Which is fine by me as long as it arrives unscathed.
By texasvinyl
Was able to get the Roy Brooks from a shop that put stock up online. Did anyone snag the Miles compilation-- fluff or worth getting?
By deafmetal
Bub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 pm In the latest Mondo newsletter, Spencer is teasing that they will have copies of The Keep for sale. And possibly this week? Super stoked I dropped $60 for a copy at Transmission. To be fair though, with Mondo's current shipping prices & getting double taxed, it'll probably come out to about the same or close to it. I wonder if he'll drop ship from the states to save money. Which is fine by me as long as it arrives unscathed.
It's available here for $40 with free shipping and 10% off code if you sign up for their email/texts.
By Bub
deafmetal wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:30 pm
Bub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 pm In the latest Mondo newsletter, Spencer is teasing that they will have copies of The Keep for sale. And possibly this week? Super stoked I dropped $60 for a copy at Transmission. To be fair though, with Mondo's current shipping prices & getting double taxed, it'll probably come out to about the same or close to it. I wonder if he'll drop ship from the states to save money. Which is fine by me as long as it arrives unscathed.
It's available here for $40 with free shipping and 10% off code if you sign up for their email/texts.
Good lookin' out, Deaf. Yeah I noticed some of those sites showing a preorder but I would be skeptical of them actually getting in any stock being that it's a limited import. I believe DeepDiscount, ImportCDs & Popmarket are affiliated with one another & share a database of inventory so who knows how many orders they're getting across the board. Dusty Groove just get some so if anyone wants one, there's a good option. Looks to be $50 shipped.

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/985271 ... ay-Release
By Bub
inksb wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:23 pm $45? That's a bit much if you ask me. I would buy it if it was $30
Transmission had it for £20.99 which is just under $30 but then I got hosed on the shipping.
By deafmetal
Bub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 pm
Good lookin' out, Deaf. Yeah I noticed some of those sites showing a preorder but I would be skeptical of them actually getting in any stock being that it's a limited import. I believe DeepDiscount, ImportCDs & Popmarket are affiliated with one another & share a database of inventory so who knows how many orders they're getting across the board. Dusty Groove just get some so if anyone wants one, there's a good option. Looks to be $50 shipped.

You were correct, @Bub, they did not have real inventory. The album remains elusive.
By CrossedPete
I took the fam camping for a week or so but I was still able to find these beauties today. 4 RSD titles. The other 2 were there so I picked them up.

@tex how’s that Roy Brooks? I wanted to grab that on as well but the guy wanted $80 so I figured I would wait it out.

Not sure who is still looking for a copy of the Keep but one Local store had 2 copies. Not sure if they still do but I don’t mind checking if someone needs.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 863 times
By inksb
I went to my local shop today to grab that Roy Brooks set as they had pics of it on their IG account. I looked around for it, finally asked and the guy was like, I literally sold the last copy 20 minutes ago, it's right here on the counter. Welp never mind then haha. I should have stopped in yesterday but I had a 2 hour training during my lunch and just went straight back into work. It was $55 at my shop.
By Bub
deafmetal wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:03 pm
Bub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 pm

You were correct, @Bub, they did not have real inventory. The album remains elusive.
Yup! Noticed that on some other sites as well. Poof!