Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

who the fuck is shopping for records in new Hampshire? They talk about people pulling guns on employees, sexually harassing staff, making racist comments to staff. Umm, what?

Two sides to every story... I'm guessing there's a very frustrated owner somewhere at their wits end who for whatever reason saw the "reset" button as the best option despite what it'll cost them to do that. And maybe some folks in supervisory/mgmt roles who are in over their heads.

A good life lesson to learn very early in adulthood IMHO. You don't owe employers loyalty, because you're not gonna get any in return.

Also I can't imagine running a record store and making any kind of real money let alone enough to support unionized staff.

Or maybe the owners are monsters. Who knows. I would be at least a little skeptical of a blog post by an aggrieved former employee though. I don't really shop at bull moose, maybe I pre ordered something from them once or twice.
I’m very curious to hear what comes out from the owner’s side. I initially found out about this from a Bullmoose FB post from the owners that the store was closed temporarily. Then there were a bunch of posts from supposed former employees that echoed what was in the blog. I was really surprised to hear about all of this because this particular Bullmoose location was my go-to record store.
texasvinyl wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:11 pm who the fuck is shopping for records in new Hampshire? They talk about people pulling guns on employees, sexually harassing staff, making racist comments to staff. Umm, what?

Two sides to every story... I'm guessing there's a very frustrated owner somewhere at their wits end who for whatever reason saw the "reset" button as the best option despite what it'll cost them to do that. And maybe some folks in supervisory/mgmt roles who are in over their heads.

A good life lesson to learn very early in adulthood IMHO. You don't owe employers loyalty, because you're not gonna get any in return.

Also I can't imagine running a record store and making any kind of real money let alone enough to support unionized staff.

Or maybe the owners are monsters. Who knows. I would be at least a little skeptical of a blog post by an aggrieved former employee though. I don't really shop at bull moose, maybe I pre ordered something from them once or twice.
Here's how NH runs, the south eastern tip includes your typical "northeast hippy dippy NH/Vermont stereotypes" drive about 60 miles north or west and it's a lot of backwoods racist assholes. I lived there for 7 years and rarely ventured farther north than Concord. I worked for Geek Squad and Best Buy for a few years while living there and I dealt with a very large portion of racist sexist pricks as customers. I had people refuse to be helped by our female staff, had people refuse to be helped by any hispanic employees. Now you couple that with influx of people from Maine and a bunch of MA shit hole human beings, I fully believe what they went through as employees from the experiences I had working in the state. As for management, some stores seemed better than others, I always chalked that up to record stores which usually have a few old assholes working at them and their the management. It's pure speculation and just based off of what may be angry employees, I believe what they said as workers dealing with customers 100%. Also we had nut jobs pulling guns at establishments where I live in NY over the mask policy last year. So that was pretty common.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJwOnflSNY ... =copy_link

I feel like this account of the events seems more in line with what actually happened. It seems like the article above had some details wrong or embellished a little. Who knows but corporate sending some idiots from the head office and not listening to employees concerns and their potential strike (not unionization) more logical course of events of what just went down.
Latest FB post from Bullmoose:

A few weeks ago, Bull Moose suddenly terminated 20 people in Salem – and while that really didn’t sound like us, it was, and we must take responsibility for that. We are sorry that we did not act anywhere near how we want to be as a company. We pride ourselves on building community and acting with empathy, yet we failed on both those counts. We strayed from our values and have to set things right. Over the last few weeks, we listened to our staff and got to work on fixing what we could, changing what needed to be changed, and demonstrating a concrete recommitment to our values.

We offered every Salem employee their job back – with backpay – and we’re grateful that our team chose to return. We made a commitment to "Drive for $15" – an effort to accelerate companywide raises so that all employees can earn at least $15/hour by next June. We promoted one of our amazing team members to provide our Salem store and team the support, training, and care they so deserve. We're expanding our internal dialogue to give all of our folks a stronger voice in company decisions that impact them.

Falling flat on our faces was humbling - but we're determined to have our mistakes become a transformative event for Bull Moose. Thank you to our staff, in Salem and beyond, and to our community for letting us know how far we strayed from being the company you expect us to be.

-Brett Wickard, Founder, Bull Moose