Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Not sure if any one here is into Justin but I just found out he died yesterday, only 38 years old. That's so fucking young. No cause of death announced, he has had drug issues in years past but he's been clean for quite a while.

He's one of my favorite modern folk/americana musicians, my wife and I have seen him 5 or 6 times over years. Sad day.

If you have never listened to him check out Yuma EP, Midnight At The Movies and Harlem River Blues albums.

Here's a few of my favorite songs

By Mateo Sanboval
Super late to this thread, but, individually, he and his father are extremely talented. I just listened to some JTE and his two namesakes this past weekend. Sad all around.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:01 am Super late to this thread, but, individually, he and his father are extremely talented. I just listened to some JTE and his two namesakes this past weekend. Sad all around.
Yeah and it was recently made public that he died from cocaine cut with fentanyl. Why the hell would any one cut cocaine with fentanyl??? That's some wild shit. I assumed it was drugs and it just confirmed it.

His father recently record an album of his songs as a way to cope with his death. All of the proceeds are going to JTE's daughter for a college fund. It's both heartbreaking to think about that recording process and the single they released, Harlem River Blues is one of my favorite songs. To hear his father sing that song feels wrong and sad.