Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Nice stories guys, for somebody so prolific he seems very mysterious and reclusive, maybe not so much if you're from Italy.

It was only from so many stories on Twitter that I found out Morricone was supposed to score A clockwork Orange! But I think had to drop it as he was working on another project. The mind boggles what he would have dreamed up.
By ScoJo
Yeah apparently he almost never did interviews not out of retiscence so much as he just didn't have the time! He would often work on over 20 film scores a year, and for the bulk of his career not only composing but arranging. It is a genuinely bonkers work-rate!
By deafmetal
@ChrisMcQueen - That is the best personal Morricone anecdote I have heard. As others have mentioned, there is not much to hear for such stories or memories outside of Italy. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write it up and share it here.

This quote from the Maestro's Life Notes book is quite inspiring and supernatural:

It reminds me of Tolkien's Music of the Ainur creation mythology from the Ainulindalë.