Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Anything you guys sell or decline to buy that you regret? Or maybe something you did buy and shouldn't have!

I type this as I box up my copy of the LOTR Fellowship box. I will probably regret letting this one go.
By 334578rpm
Random, but I just sold my Two Towers box last night. It's a beautiful set, I just don't think I'd listen to it enough to justify the shelf space.
So many times I passed on that Sentinel Returns boot, hoping it would get a legit pressing. I was watching one on eBay over the weekend that went for over $200!
By static14
There are a handful I regret selling. Most I’ve been able to replace with some patience, or through repressings. One that still stings is The Social Network. Sold it in 2012 and almost immediately regretted it.
By texasvinyl
I am shocked that one never got a reissue, I missed it too! And then missed the handful of dead stock that went up on NIN shop a couple years ago.
By ScoJo
I'm not massively into regrets, as I've always had a cycle of culling tons of my records throughout my life - either through madness, financial straits or on a whim.

These were all dumb moves though:

- In my twenties I had a complete colection of Aphex/related 12"s and LPs, probably around 40-50 discs at that point, and one day in the record store where I worked I just decided to give them to a regular customer who showed an interest one day. I just thought he'd enjoy them. I was done with Aphex Twin.

- A bit later I did a similar thing with my collection of Sonic Youth LPs, though I did sell them. Probably around 100 platters including lots of super rare bootlegs etc.

- I probably should have held onto Mulholland Dr since the repress that I thought a no-brainer at that time has never materialised! It's the only Lynch/related piece that I don't have now, doh.
By Spun out of control
Hard regret not picking up that Blow Out Records issue of The Keep... think I was broke or overseas at the time (or both!) and not checking the forum as often ...

Also not grabbing the 'blood filled' F13 vinyl when it went up originally from Waxwork and it seemed like everyone on Spin... was waiting for the drop. At the time it seemed like $65 (or thereabouts?) for one re-issue was a lot of dough.

I do own that bootleg of The Sentinel Returns though. And more recently bagged that In Fabric score, already going for big bucks on the 'cogs. So, some you win...
By inksb
The Sentinel Returns :(

I wish I could have snagged that. There's a handful over the last few years I've passed on that I have since regret. Most at the time I scoffed at the price and then fast forward a few years and the prices are way higher and now I'm considering spending 2-3 times as much.
By ScoJo
I once had a chance at this, one of only 29 copies with screen printed sleeve. It's silly money now, though I have it from Mr Trunk himself that it's in his queue of things he's going to do a proper run of. I'm watching the film right now, which is what reminded me of it/that it slipped through my fingers :(

https://www.discogs.com/Basil-Kirchin-T ... se/6685389

R-6685389-1424602726-7361.jpeg.jpg
R-6685389-1424602726-7361.jpeg.jpg (122.33 KiB) Viewed 3938 times

By Spun out of control
That looks nice @ScoJo.... Mr Trunk's run of LP's of late has been esoteric to say the least - computer keyboards (!) - so be good to see him getting back to soundtracks.

Just remembered another 'regret' - bidding on a copy of Mondo's Drive on pink vinyl that was due to end on eBay just after midnight UK time. Unfortunately I nodded off briefly, only to re-awaken in panic a couple of minutes after the auction had closed .. and the record had sold for a bargain £30.

Don't see it less than £200 these days.
By ScoJo
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:05 pm Same on The Keep. In fairness though I didn't pass, I was unaware. Not an excuse these days though.
REDACTED
Last edited by ScoJo on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By deafmetal
ScoJo wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:42 am
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:05 pm Same on The Keep. In fairness though I didn't pass, I was unaware. Not an excuse these days though.
REDACTED
I would probably pick up another copy just to have a backup for future listening.
By texasvinyl
Do they sound good? I skipped because it is lathe and I typically avoid them. But sure does look great in the pics I saw
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 am Do they sound good? I skipped because it is lathe and I typically avoid them. But sure does look great in the pics I saw
Who ever REDACTED uses to cut his lathes does an incredible job. Same with REDACTED lathes, haven't had any sound quality issues with them. In fact I've had more sound issues with officially pressed records over the last year than any of the lathes I've bought.
By horrorfromthetv
inksb wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:19 am
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 am Do they sound good? I skipped because it is lathe and I typically avoid them. But sure does look great in the pics I saw
Who ever REDACTED uses to cut his lathes does an incredible job. Same with REDACTED lathes, haven't had any sound quality issues with them. In fact I've had more sound issues with officially pressed records over the last year than any of the lathes I've bought.
So True............
By ScoJo
I've remembered a MAJOR ragret:

can someone tell me WHY THE F*** I NEVER SNAGGED A RZA/GHOST DOG BOOT 12" WHEN THEY WERE STILL ALLOWED ON DISCOGS??

Friggin idiot.

By inksb
I see my post was censored which doesn't specifically say what lathes were being made yet the one that was posted asking if they should make more copies is still there. I'm pretty sure any one reading that would know who is doing what :P

@scojo, I had no idea that there was even a Ghostdog boot. That sounds amazing.
By inksb
I like it. The thread now looks like a government file given to local law enforcement.