Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
Damn, a solid collection right there. I always wonder what the story is behind a large collection getting dumped.

It's hard to pin down what exactly keeps some of those DWRC/Mondo titles so low... I mean, somebody is selling a copy of Frank Ilfman's Big Bad Wolves for $1.50 USD on the 'cogs and nobody is buying. Maybe they just pressed too many copies of these soundtracks with really questionable cover artwork... haha. I mean, it's not a bad score and I own a copy myself, but I don't pull it off the shelf... and I do not like the artwork or color vinyl at all. Maybe I just answered my own question. ;)

By Hatter313
Wow some old classic DW and mondo in there for sure...that beyond pressing...

That’s quite a bit of pre merger DW, but straight through 2016 at least.
By Bezulsqy
I bought a couple records from a collector in my neighborhood who stopped collecting. Before I could buy more he had sold everything to one party. I think at least 750 records from all the 'new' labels + a lot of old stuff. Bought in the last 6 years.
Seeing the rate at which he bought everything I might have an idea why he sold it all. Still a shame though.
By ScoJo
Not to be snarky (who me?) but this kind of behaviour speaks volumes to me about what kind of music/film/'collector' this market has created. I have soundtracks i bought (and have enjoyed endlessly) since I was 13 years old, because the music still kills me or I love the film. My guess is that there's been a pretty high rate of this kind of panic/fetish collecting and ensuing penury/remorse going on, esp with DW/Mondo who have been seen to be the coolest of the cool.
Jump in to the fire sale boys, the water is lovely!
By Spun out of control
Very interesting thread. The soundtrack re-issue market did get very saturated & seems to have slowed down... or maybe I have just become more choosy & selective as my knowledge of which soundtracks are 'the good stuff' has grown.

I also have an impression that there are a small group of 'super fans' buying all this stuff, perhaps why most releases stick at around 300 or 500 in number.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:06 pm Fucking hipster

monsterworship wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:06 pm an instant "basic bitch" soundtrack collection.

I miss the old Johnny Soundtrack Collector days though.
Actually lol'd.
By ScoJo
'Fucking hipster...'

'Johnny Soundtrack Collector...'

'Basic Bitch...'

Holy cow, you guys are so much better at words than my sorry long-winded ass. And @monster....

'Nailing It For Jesus Since 2014'