Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@Mateo - how's Tacoma? If I get snowed in, I really hope the power stays on.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:@Mateo - how's Tacoma? If I get snowed in, I really hope the power stays on.
Pretty awesome, Deaf. We have about six inches of snow right now and are forecasted for another four to eight tonight into tomorrow. Windy, too. Steady 15-25 mph with gusts into the 40s. It's a grand ol' time! What's shakin' down PDX way?
By deafmetal
Nice, we only got a dusting here, but I'm pretty much near the valley floor. All hype so far in Portland.
By Mateo Sanboval
The latest winter storm warning is calling for 3-5 more inches this weekend and 11-17 over the next week in total. That would absolutely shut things down up here. Hilarious.
By Hatter313
I was literally thinking of both of you when I saw those weather reports, good luck out there.

We’ve been lucky in lower NY,m so far, ridiculous temperature swings notwithstanding, but I’m off to Chicago next week for business and I’m dreading the potential haha.
By Mateo Sanboval
It wouldn't be so bad if there were any kind of services to handle this sort of thing out here. And no infrastructure is built with this kind of weather in mind. Nor is it feasible to purchase and maintain a reasonable number of plows and sanders as a contingency plan. It's fun, frustrating, and hilarious all at once. Still...reminds me of home.
By abedunk
7”+ in West Seattle, kept snowing until this afternoon. I skied on a hill by the High School a couple blocks down. Good times!.... for now. Utility companies doing well, so far.
By Mateo Sanboval
Glad to hear it, Abe. We went sledding down the big hill in Old Town this afternoon.