Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
Here’s hoping everyone (whether you celebrate Christmas or not) has an amazing day filled with love and happiness!
By Hatter313
Hear hear!

Best holiday wishes to everyone
By ScoJo
Raising a glass of mulled wine to you fine, fine folks.

My your platters always be flat and true, your spines intact and your corners undinged!
By deafmetal
ScoJo wrote:Raising a glass of mulled wine to you fine, fine folks.

My your platters always be flat and true, your spines intact and your corners undinged!
Well said, Scott. Hope you are all having a good day.

By Mateo Sanboval
Merry Christmas, my STBC brethren! Chin chin!!
By chiefbrody
Merry Christmas, my friends.

It's nearly over here, but hope you're having the best of days, and received something new to spin at Christmas.

Cheers
By texasvinyl
Happy holidays to all!

I found some fun stuff in the in-laws basement-- a stack of Christmas singles for kids. They looked like crappy generic kids singles. But they are actually 6" records, pressed on yellow vinyl, from 1950. They are cut at 78 rpm and play just fine on their 100 yr old vintage Victrola on a metal tack needle.

They're nothing special but I have never seen 6" 78s pressed on color vinyl, pretty weird!
By Bezulsqy
texasvinyl wrote:Happy holidays to all!

I found some fun stuff in the in-laws basement-- a stack of Christmas singles for kids. They looked like crappy generic kids singles. But they are actually 6" records, pressed on yellow vinyl, from 1950. They are cut at 78 rpm and play just fine on their 100 yr old vintage Victrola on a metal tack needle.

They're nothing special but I have never seen 6" 78s pressed on color vinyl, pretty weird!
That is a damn cool find @Texas!
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:
texasvinyl wrote:Happy holidays to all!

That is a damn cool find @Texas!
Agreed! Tex, next time you are there and thinking of it, I'd love to see a snap of a couple three of those little guys.
By texasvinyl
Ok when the baby wakes up I'll do an Instagram video of me putting one on the Victrola. It's the first time I've really played around with one, it is super whizz bang mechanically awesome :-) getting the platter going brings some lovely scrapes, knocks and whirring like it's going to blast off to outer space.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Ok when the baby wakes up I'll do an Instagram video of me putting one on the Victrola. It's the first time I've really played around with one, it is super whizz bang mechanically awesome :-) getting the platter going brings some lovely scrapes, knocks and whirring like it's going to blast off to outer space.
One thousand thank yous.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Br6B8-_AI6X

Ok here's the video
Tex, that is awesome. I owned a victrola for a spell and I never had any 6" 78 records let alone colored vinyl 78s. Wild stuff. And a lovely victrola as well.
By NathanLurker
wow that's very cool, tex. thanks fo shooting the short video.

and happy holidays to you guys. I was working during christmas time and stayed at home. But am going back home for new years eve. My girlfriend bought us Infection at Outpost 31 for christmas though. that's very nice, I didn't even ask her for that, she didn't know if I knew about it.