Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
You all may have heard Shure discontinued all phono products after decades citing difficulty with sourcing materials and QC consistency. I have been extremely happy with my M44-G cartridges and N44-G stylus replacements.

Can anyone recommend a replacement? I was able to get only two more needles, and my other orders were all cancelled due to no stock (pretty much all the Shure stuff immediately disappeared the day of the announcement).

I use my decks for general listening, mixing and sometimes scratching. The M44-G was perfect all around for me. Spherical, rugged build, excellent tracking, good sound quality (they used to be marketed as audiophile before they marketed them for mixing use, same needle), very low tracking force 1.5-2.5g & very low record wear even while backcueing or scratching. And the replacement styli were both plentiful and affordable (used to be $25 more recently $39).

If you happen to know where to get any legit Shure N-44G tips I'd buy several of then. Otherwise these two replacements will probably only last me another year or so before I have to find an alternative.