Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
Anyone ever create their own record gatefold? I have the NIN "Ghost I-IV" a 4 disc album and it doesn't fit into the 2 LP gatefold properly. Trying to find something to store it in properly. Any suggestions? Thanks
By ScoJo
jgibbs4053 wrote:Anyone ever create their own record gatefold? I have the NIN "Ghost I-IV" a 4 disc album and it doesn't fit into the 2 LP gatefold properly. Trying to find something to store it in properly. Any suggestions? Thanks
In that situation, think I'd be tempted to store 2 discs inside the pockets of the gatefold, bag the sleeve in an oversize poly bag, and store the other two platters inside the poly bag but behind (ie outside) the gatefold...?

Anyone else? The elegant thing with my solution = no construction ;)
By texasvinyl
I mean you could just get two generic white or black jackets and keep it next to the gatefold. Never tried to make a one off but the easiest would probably be to do a hi res 12x12 print and paste it onto a generic jacket.

Or you could always drop five bills for the 4LP + CD box set. It's very nice, Trent signed the booklet that's in the CD part of the box, and there are four printed jackets for the records. Wouldn't get a sealed one though... the original inner sleeves were PVC and any sealed copies are surely fucked by this point. Got mine like six or seven years ago and it already had some moderate outgassing damage to the records.
By jgibbs4053
I was thinking about picking up a Bach, Mozart, etc boxset from a thrift store and just using it. But how some people customize their own covers and obi's I was hoping someone here would know a site that could make one