Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
Just saw this thread so thought I would join. This is Murphy. This was back in February so he's a bit bigger now. Doesn't really come up to listen to much, more to pester for attention.
Attachments
P2101915.JPG
P2101915.JPG (767.94 KiB) Viewed 5154 times
By static14
It’s with a heavy heart I have to report that we lost our Pepper today. He has fought with severe arthritis for a while now, but the last week or so he’s had partial paralysis and today the pain meds were no longer doing their thing. My heart is a mess, but he will always be my best buddy. I love you Pep.

By Bezulsqy
@ Static
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. RIP Pepper. My thoughts are with you and your family.
By ScoJo
Heartbreak, Chris. So sorry. I bet the fella had an amazing life, much loved. And he certainly got to listen to some great music.

We lost our family Weimaraner about a year ago, under quite tragic circumstances - only 3 years old. It's a pain which never quite leaves, but a pain which serves to remind and remember. It's a hard life for the little things. <3
By Mateo Sanboval
I'm so sorry, Brother. There are few things like the bond between a person and their pup. I've felt the pain of that loss before and I dread the inevitable day that I feel it again. All we can do is give them our best because Lord knows they give us theirs. To Pepper!
By static14
Well. We all felt the house was far too empty without a dog. So here’s my new listening buddy, Buddy. :)
Attachments
7C266D2D-CF1D-4EEC-8C83-8D7EB9E75BD6.jpeg
7C266D2D-CF1D-4EEC-8C83-8D7EB9E75BD6.jpeg (1014.09 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Hey Buddy!

Static, what's Buddy's story?
By static14
We picked up him last Saturday after he spent the day being driven up to VA from SC. He’s an Australian Shepherd mix, about a year old. Not a lot of info on his background other then he was removed from a home with too many dogs.

He’s a complete sweet heart and smart as hell. In the past few days he’s learned sit, down, and that stairs aren't a portal to hell. :)
By deafmetal
Buddy! Looks like a keeper, @static. I'm afraid I'm in for some rough days ahead myself. My oldest dog is fifteen (15!) years young and still truckin', and our second oldest is also about 12-13 years from our best guess. They have slowed down quite a lot over the last many years, but it's still very difficult to imagine life without them.
By ScoJo
@deaf and @static - this thread is just too much of an emotional rollercoaster..... Chris, Buddy is a honey. <3 Mark, the disparity between dog and human lifespans is for sure the cruelest of jokes, payed by a non-existent diety (if proof were needed!)

Bigup all the furry listening friends!!
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:We picked up him last Saturday after he spent the day being driven up to VA from SC. He’s an Australian Shepherd mix, about a year old. Not a lot of info on his background other then he was removed from a home with too many dogs.

He’s a complete sweet heart and smart as hell. In the past few days he’s learned sit, down, and that stairs aren't a portal to hell. :)
That's great stuff. It's a challenge adopting a working pup like Buddy. Especially so when ther're already rings on the tree. Good for you guys and enjoy the endless walks and ball/frisbee sessions!
static14 wrote:@deaf here’s hoping for many more healthy loving years for your pups.
Hear hear.
By inksb
Here's my listening buddy, Beast, although his full name is actually Blood Feast. He surprisingly is very tolerant of a lot of music I put on. The record player scares him though, he doesn't like the sound it makes when the auto return starts and if I happen to be carrying him while a record is spinning and he sees it, it creeps him out. I felt bad the other day, I was listening to the TCM boot and his ears were pinned back, eyes wide and looking around really worried. I shut it off and just decided it would be a headphone album. I was never a cat person but my wife wanted one about 5 years ago and we decided to adopt, he was abandoned and returned to the shelter at least 3 times. He is one of the most affectionate cats I've ever seen, he loves human attention and sometimes demands that I get on the couch and let him fall asleep on my lap. It's pretty funny.