Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Urkh. Tryin to negate gin n' juice hangover with....
gin.jpg
gin.jpg (760.82 KiB) Viewed 5485 times
Mo' gin.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bez, how was the Surfine? We don't get that over thisaway. I love that glass by the bye.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Bez, how was the Surfine? We don't get that over thisaway. I love that glass by the bye.
I had the Surfine after I had a Josenhofke tripel from draft first (https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/jessenhofke-tripel/64693/)
I love that Jesenhofke from draft. Never had the bottle.
The Surfine (also from draft) tasted a bit flat after that. However, because there was enough of it in the glass after a couple of sips the taste came more to the front. It is a saison, which means it is perfect to quench ones thirst. At 6,5% it is a beer that is easily drinkable with a light sweet taste. I would not try it again as it was okay for the that moment, but in the end I prefer a more bitter beer. (https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/surfine-saison/286516/)
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Starting

One of my five favorite Belgian beers, Bez. I do not love their new package design, but the remains delightful.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo, I am at a beer festival. So many choices to taste. Insane. A lot of Belgian beer. And from the rest of the world.
I started with Doerak. A Dutch IPA. Very nice bitter taste.

Edit - as it is early and I have not eaten much I’ll try some low alcohol beers :-)
Now a Dutch session IPA called Roadrunner.

If you use the app Untapped (I do not so not sure how this works) there should be a listing for the beer festival 24uurs van Maastricht 2018 with all the beers on offer.

Edit- now a Portugese draft called Frank APA from brewery Musa
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Mateo, I am at a beer festival. So many choices to taste. Insane. A lot of Belgian beer. And from the rest of the world.
I started with Doerak. A Dutch IPA. Very nice bitter taste.

Edit - as it is early and I have not eaten much I’ll try some low alcohol beers :-)
Now a Dutch session IPA called Roadrunner.

If you use the app Untapped (I do not so not sure how this works) there should be a listing for the beer festival 24uurs van Maastricht 2018 with all the beers on offer.

Edit- now a Portugese draft called Frank APA from brewery Musa
Bez, I'm on the website now and it looks amazing. So many Belgians. And a beautiful day for it as well. Chin chin, my friend. I'll expect a detailed (hazy) accounting of yourself at a later date.
By Mateo Sanboval
Don't leave us hanging, man!
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Don't leave us hanging, man!
Haha.
Well, I chose this one:

And my account of the beer festival is as follows:

Roadrunner (Iron Door Brewing Co.): very nice
Frank APA (Musa): very nice
Doerak (Van Moll): very nice
Ceci N'IPA (De Feniks): very very nice
Selfish Session (De Feniks): nice
Toetëlèr Blond (Brouwerij Den Toetëlèr): nice
Hop Art (vandeStreek): very very nice

A couple of days ago I had this one at home:

Very nice!

And in an hour and half I am off to the pub again. They are only open for one more week and then they will close shop after 35 years. I have drunk there all most every day from 2000 - 2010. The last eight years due to life changing I hadn't visited.
By Mateo Sanboval
First off, thanks for all the great reviews. It gives me beers to look forward to. Second, it's wild fun seeing how many IPAs there are over yonder. It's the backbone of of the craft beer industry here in the States. Lastly, that is a shame about your local watering hole. It looks like a really great spot.
By Bezulsqy
Final open day at my pub.
I will not last very long.
4th beer:

After this one my whole taste palet is erased and I can start again.
By Mateo Sanboval
Lindemans is a classic. RIPub!
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Lindemans is a classic. RIPub!
That was a great lambic and from draft.
Yesterday I had a Brugse Zot at home. Also excellent. Today more beer will arrive.
By Mateo Sanboval
A perfectly lovely single varietal apple cider aged in Petit Verdot barrels. Floral. Tart. Dry.
By jgibbs4053
Gaelic Ale.. NC based
Attachments
18B7D2E7-FEAA-4802-A3FD-DD58F1A6B62B.jpeg
18B7D2E7-FEAA-4802-A3FD-DD58F1A6B62B.jpeg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 4902 times
By Mateo Sanboval
I've had two of those thanks to this one guy I know...
By maxlevel
As I drove my mate to work for two months he bought me a bottle of Lagavulin single malt to say thanks! Jobs over now and I miss the morning chatter about comedy.

Very smokey
By Hatter313
maxlevel wrote:As I drove my mate to work for two months he bought me a bottle of Lagavulin single malt to say thanks! Jobs over now and I miss the morning chatter about comedy.

Very smokey
Like drinking a campfire in a peat bog in the best way, an acquired taste for sure, but one i've definitely acquired.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:
maxlevel wrote:As I drove my mate to work for two months he bought me a bottle of Lagavulin single malt to say thanks! Jobs over now and I miss the morning chatter about comedy.

Very smokey
Like drinking a campfire in a peat bog in the best way, an acquired taste for sure, but one i've definitely acquired.
Agreed, Hatter. Max, have a Laphroig next!