Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Surly is a very big craft brewery. Like top 25-30 in the country by volume. In the industry, they are considered one of the "Big Guys".
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:33 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:14 pm I’m jealous of you @inksb I haven’t been to the Brewery yet. One day hopefully I’ll get there. That Tequila looks tasty, I haven’t had a good Tequila in a long time. Sometimes it goes down a little too good so I try to just have it once and a while.
Honestly their brewery is one the biggest Brewery's I've ever been to, it's an expensive looking place. It was weird for me to see a place like that which I had never even heard of before. I'm used to all the smaller breweries in the NE that while super popular never really get very big.

That tequila goes down way too easy. It's kind of scary how quickly it disappears. I tend to drink good tequila neat, maybe an ice cube if it's a little hot. Cheaper stuff I like a little lime with it but this stuff you don't want to add lime, it's packed full of flavors that would just get lost behind the lime taste
I didn’t realize Surly was so big. They’re fairly new in my market (3 years or so) and as far as I know it’s only sold in Manitoba up here in Canada. We have a ton of micro Breweries that do some really great work. It’s just something about Surly that speaks to me.

If I’m drinking liquor these days I usually drink it Neat, maybe a splash of water maybe. I usually drink Rye Whiskey and the flavours can be subtle yet complex that it would be a shame to ruin it with a coke or ginger ale
By Jimmy_Mike
inksb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:35 pm Surly doesn't get any distro up near me but I ended up going to their brewery about 5-6 years ago while on a business trip in the area. Definitely some good beers. I really liked Pentagram which is a dark sour.

My wife picked this up for us this weekend and it's fantastic.

This unfortunately is the last photo of that drinking glass. I've had it for almost 10 years and Friday evening at around 2am I managed to knock my big insulated water mug over right onto the top of it. Shattering it into a bunch of pieces. I then spent 45 minutes trying to find all the glass and piecing it back together making sure that I had it all. I didn't want any one stepping on glass in the carpet. Fair well fine glass, you served me well.
The is how I feel about my Sherlock bubbler!
By CrossedPete
Picked this up from a local brewery. Lately they’ve been doing these prototype releases online. They seem to put 2 out a week. They tend to sell out real quick (the other release sold out in 2 min). This is a Passion fruit,Orange,Guava Mojito cocktail sour ale
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 1637 times
By CrossedPete
Here’s another very limited release from a local brewery it’s a Pizza Beer. I gotta say I was a bit skeptical but it really does smell/taste like Pizza
A2A0285E-BB81-41D0-8081-3CB21642865B.jpeg
A2A0285E-BB81-41D0-8081-3CB21642865B.jpeg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 1586 times
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:31 am Well that sounds awful. I'd still try it though
Not sure I can drink a whole case of them but just to try it wasn’t so bad. I’ve noticed a lot of odd flavour beers as of late. A weird trend but I’ll check them out none the less.
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 am
inksb wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:31 am Well that sounds awful. I'd still try it though
Not sure I can drink a whole case of them but just to try it wasn’t so bad. I’ve noticed a lot of odd flavour beers as of late. A weird trend but I’ll check them out none the less.
I had a dill pickle sour and buffalo wing sour. Both terrible. Buffalo wing one was really really awful, instant heartburn and tasted like you were drinking fermented vinegar with red hot mixed in.
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:35 am
CrossedPete wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 am
I had a dill pickle sour and buffalo wing sour. Both terrible. Buffalo wing one was really really awful, instant heartburn and tasted like you were drinking fermented vinegar with red hot mixed in.
Buffalo wing sounds spicy not sure I would be into it but I’ve had a couple different pickle beers before that I didn’t mind.
By CrossedPete
Picked up some beers yesterday among them were these from Duclaw Brewing Co. never had them before actually I was surprised seeing beers from Baltimore show up at my local beer store.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 1541 times
By ScoJo
Power just went out briefly, and im sitting in the dark with this - it has a double kick!

IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0896.JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1492 times
By inksb
That sounds delicious. Ginger and chipotle

I have one of my favorite beers sitting on my desk next to me taunting me as I finish up my work day. It's been about a year since I've last had a bottle, very excited to crack it open tonight.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo - Ginger beer?

Inks - Of which elixir do you speak?
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:41 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:28 pm ScoJo - Ginger beer?

Inks - Of which elixir do you speak?
Indeed. Of the fieriest variety!
I'd buy that for a dollar.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:28 pm Inks - Of which elixir do you speak?
This beauty. It's still just as good as I remembered and it's not nice to not drink the heartburn inducing hop bombs that are dominating the market right now. It's crazy I go to the local store and it's 75% Hazy/NE style IPA's.
Maine Brewing Co. - Lunch
By Mateo Sanboval
Is that an amber lager, Tim?
By Mateo Sanboval
tim28212 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:56 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:51 pm Is that an amber lager, Tim?
yes, home grown in NC
Right on. Not familiar with the brewery, but an amber lager can be a lovely beer when done right. Not to be confused with an "amber" beer like Fat Tire, people. That's just sad business.
By tim28212
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:10 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:51 pm Is that an amber lager, Tim?
yes, home grown in NC
Right on. Not familiar with the brewery, but an amber lager can be a lovely beer when done right. Not to be confused with an "amber" beer like Fat Tire, people. That's just sad business.
Red Oak
By Mateo Sanboval
tim28212 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:10 am

yes, home grown in NC
Red Oak
Thanks, Tim! Plush setup there. I'd like to sidle up to this evening's fire and try my hand at a mug of Black Oak. Looks like a cool spot. Chin chin!