Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
milliondollars wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:58 am damn! these sours look amazing! did you order them online?
I ordered these in September or October last year. At that time it was not known which beers would be made. The price was €100 without shipping for 3 liters of beer. I was planning on picking them up at the brewery (2 hour drive one way) but I could not find a moment so I decided to have them shipped.

Alvinne is a special brewery for me. Nowadays there are a lot of special breweries. But this one especially clicks with me. Their beers are delicious if you like sours. The people are very nice. You can read about them here:
https://www.alvinne.com/EN/index-EN.html

What makes them special is there yeast. Unlike a lot of small breweries that use a commercial yeast, they harvested their own:
Our brewery is strongly dependent on Morpheus yeast, our house yeast strain, which enables us to brew sour and non-sour beers. In 2008, our yeast whisperer Marc picked a wild yeast culture in the French Auvergne and patiently selected, isolated and cultivated the now famous Morpheus yeast to the desired standard.

Morpheus is a mixed culture of 2 yeast strains (saccharomyces cerevisae) and lactobacillus. In our Traditional Ales range, the lactobacillus is deactivated.

Morpheus yeast gives our beers the recognisable Alvinne touch. According to yeast whisperer Marc, you need 3 ingredients to nurture your house yeast; discipline, passion and love. Every single day!
There is a Belgian store that sells beers worldwide. I can highly recommend them. Great service and great packaging. They carry a lot of Belgian sours from different breweries. They also have all the Alvinne Fellowship beers I pictured (but at a premium):
https://www.bieresgourmet.be/en/
By Mateo Sanboval
Mrs Saboval will take issue with that link.
By milliondollars
love that wild yeast @Bez! i am a fan of lambic and sours so i will check the online shop without doubt. they seem to have quite some jewels in their store.
By Bezulsqy
I picked up this box today

It contained these:

Not drinking all of these now. But one in an hour or so.
By milliondollars
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:30 pm Not drinking all of these now. But one in an hour or so.
haha! we seem to have the same attitude...
nice box man! looks like it is from the place you have recommended before?
By Bezulsqy
milliondollars wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:46 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:30 pm Not drinking all of these now. But one in an hour or so.
haha! we seem to have the same attitude...
nice box man! looks like it is from the place you have recommended before?
Yes it is. They have a very nice system. You can buy and reserve bottles in a virtual box and at the end of quarter have it shipped. That way you don't miss out on small releases and shipping costs are low. Shipping to the Netherlands is free for orders above 80 euro. Not sure if it is the same for Germany.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Not drinking all of these now. But one in an hour or so.
I don't know if I'm just being old and cranky but this new fad of 16oz cans being slapped with colorful meaningless art really irritates. I walk through my local beer shop and don't know what the hell anything is without picking it up and looking for the tiny writing some where hidden on the label or even who made it. I should just assume it's a DIPA or Milkshake at this point because it is that most of the time.

I'm currently sitting in my office chair drinking a redeye made with bali blue coffee beans, listening to an album on youtube called Acid Mt. Fuji and I'm quite content. Not much left of my day work wise so just relaxing and enjoying my afternoon.

When I get home later I am going to drink the beer my wife bought for me for my birthday, conveniently titled Birthday Bomb from Prairie. I rather enjoy their standard bomb but this one is new to me so I can't wait to try it.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:23 pm And enjoy watching Vince eating an egg sandwich, @Bez
Ha! Credits are rolling now.
It was not what I was expecting. But I liked it. Refreshing pace.
By ScoJo
I'm looking forward to a second watch. So many moments to savor.

Have you kept up with the noises being made in certain places about Zahler / that he might be dodgy politically (their words, not mine...)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 pm I'm looking forward to a second watch. So many moments to savor.

Have you kept up with the noises being made in certain places about Zahler / that he might be dodgy politically (their words, not mine...)
No, I am completely oblivious about anything Zahler. I know I liked all three films he directed.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 pm I'm looking forward to a second watch. So many moments to savor.

Are you referencing the article where they said Dragged Across Concrete was a right wing racist fantasy?
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:01 pm

Are you referencing the article where they said Dragged Across Concrete was a right wing racist fantasy?
That, and other things- they might all be random comments but some are attempting to coalesce them into a 'watch out for this guy' warning.

Mainly, it's the 'sympathetic racist cops' slant of DAC (and the way Vaughn, an outspoken Republican, has become his go-to guy), the fact that his producer recently stated in an interview that they are making movies for the 'un-catered for Trump voter' (or something similar) and that in his first column for Fangoria Zahler called Get Out 'manure' without further explanation (Fango was resurrected, incidentally, by Zahler's prod co. Cinestate)

I offer no theory myself on all this, merely offering up what I'm guaging as a politically-minded backlash against him which feels like its brewing.