Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
All flavor. Like adding gape must or cryo hops.
By CrossedPete
Ok thanks, man I have so many more questions but I’ll save them for another day, thanks for the info
By inksb
@mateo, you still brew at home?

I haven't made a batch in 3 years now. I think it's time to pass all of my equipment on to some young bright eyed local kid who will do more with it than me just sitting in storage. I do miss brewing but I honestly just don't drink enough to justify it these days. I drink maybe 2-3 beers a week.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:47 pm @mateo, you still brew at home?

I haven't made a batch in 3 years now. I think it's time to pass all of my equipment on to some young bright eyed local kid who will do more with it than me just sitting in storage. I do miss brewing but I honestly just don't drink enough to justify it these days. I drink maybe 2-3 beers a week.
It's been a good stretch, Inks. Nowadays, when I get the itch and there isn;t a pandemic on, I tend to brew with with the big kids. The beer almost always turns out better that way.
By texasvinyl
Man haven't had one of those in a real long time. Good beer. I got my double K memorial beer in the mail. Was glad they could send a pack to TX. It is a triple ipa hazy and ass kicker 10% abv, a good one like houston hazy but stronger.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:14 am
inksb wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:11 am Image
That one never fails!
A fuckin' desert island beer right there.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:32 pm We get 3 Fonteinen with some regularity. Cantillon, Tilquin, Fonteinen, and Boon are, in descending order of difficulty, tough to get. At mine, we have offerings from the latter three. I annually jockey with one or two other spots to get the only keg of Cantillon for the state. Westvleteren, as I'm sure you know, is simply not gettable. The only time those bottles made it to the United States in an official capacity is when the monks needed a new roof a few years back. Some of the best beer I've ever had.
At the moment I have lambic/oude geuze from 6 different producers. 3 Fonteinen is the easiest to get for me because they opened a webshop last year and they produce a lot. But what they create is of a very high standard in my opinion.
Attachments
7EBFDD49-3E31-407F-A077-E5CDAAC2E07E.jpeg
7EBFDD49-3E31-407F-A077-E5CDAAC2E07E.jpeg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2945 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Absolutely beautiful, Bez. A truly enviable stash.
By CrossedPete
Enviable stash indeed @bez. Those look real tasty

Same to you @inks I’ve only had a Duvel once but it sure was great.
By CrossedPete
Here another prototype limited release. It’s a Jammy IPA 6.5%
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 2917 times
Edit. This was ok pretty Jammy but I wouldn’t classify this as an IPA at all. I would say it’s a Pale ale at best.
By inksb
I haven't had an Evil Twin beer in ages. I did used to enjoy Falco quite a bit. How is that Trail Hopper IPA?
By CrossedPete
It wasn’t bad, fairly standard IPA. I really liked the Falco, lately I’ve been enjoying the hazzier IPAs. Also I feel like I’ve been drinking a ton of sours lately and honestly I’m not the biggest sour guy either. Case in point:
37C1683D-F4C5-4618-B654-7D5F9962E9F3.jpeg
37C1683D-F4C5-4618-B654-7D5F9962E9F3.jpeg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 2864 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Ah, yes, the Nerds edition of Sour Me. we got the Unicorn Farts edition and that sold very well. I wasnt a fan.
By CrossedPete
Just looked up the Unicorn Farts edition and it doesn’t sound appealing at all although I’m not a big cereal guy either so it’s a double whammy for me.

I also picked up this but haven’t tried it yet.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 2854 times
By inksb
I don't really know why but I thoroughly enjoy that beer name and label.

Here's what I'm drinking tonight. I was feeling very indecisive yesterday at the store and opted for a sample pack instead of committing to a 6 or 4pk of something. This is a pretty tasty brown ale, a style that has been almost completely forgotten (obviously an exaggeration but you don't see too many new ones)

By Mateo Sanboval
Those are tremendous, Dollar. Thanks for sharing.
By CrossedPete
I loved those commercials thanks @dollar makes me want to try Murphy’s. Anybody ever try it? Any good?