Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
I was just typing the EXACT SAME Brexit/Breakin joke in Tex's short-lived ......... thread.
By Aremagod
People are tired of the same old same old and the whole crowning of Hillary as queen over a year ago. I told my family it was a choice between a bowl of shit and a bowl of vomit and I figured I could swallow the vomit a little easier. I was never so repulsed or disgusted after voting as I was today.
By bpwlogan
@Aremagod-I couldn't have stated it better. This has to go down as the two worst political candidates ever running for president. It's still not called, but the ones that surprised me was the strong possibility of Trump getting Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and my home state of Michigan. An unreal night to say the least.
By Bezulsqy
It is 8 AM in The Netherlands. Have been waking up last night and watching the coverage.
Don't know what to say. Politics all over the world is insane. Turkey, Middle East, UK, USA. The EU as well is in very bad shape.
Sad to see that facts don't matter anymore. Only feelings count. No nuances possible.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Sad to see that facts don't matter anymore. Only feelings count. No nuances possible.
Brother Bez, you may have just written the most lucid sentiment on modern politics I have ever read. Quote of 2016 so far. Dead serious.
By ScoJo
I would commiserate deeply with my US brothers and sisters, except: I'm under no illusion that this isn't bad for ALL of us.

Time to declare World Citizenship has never been better. As everyone's favourite Mexican filmmaker stated today:
Screen shot 2016-11-09 at 13.17.09.png
Screen shot 2016-11-09 at 13.17.09.png (22.81 KiB) Viewed 6042 times
By texasvinyl
On a lighter note, I just clicked on the Clinton concession livestream, and they are playing death metal on the feed while we wait for Hillary. Lol
By texasvinyl
“I think maybe the world got like this because of people like me” --'Average' Joe

I have always loved the movie, but my understanding of it has changed over the years and with subsequent viewings.

I think Idiocracy isn't lampooning the poor idiots of the future. Rather, it excoriates the average people of today for being complacent in our perceptions of superiority and lack of intellectual curiosity, in our selfishness, and in our unwillingness to participate in building the future we want.

The intellectual curiosity factor--and the increasing abandonment of it as a perceived virtue-- may prove to be the defining feature of this election.

All we can do is strive to continuously better ourselves and never abandon a thirst for knowledge and broadened perspective.
By Mateo Sanboval
Early word out of Dallas that Big Vinyl is fortifying their lobby with a massive influx of cash for the upcoming midterm elections in 2018.
By NathanLurker
texasvinyl wrote: But I am already President... and sole member of the Dallas Record Hoarders Society
"When you are Record Hoarder President, they let you do anything, grab them by the spindle hole"
By phantomnoir
Guys, we're all thinking about you. We live in Europe but we have the same problems. Let's stay united! I can't stop listening to Nicolette "No Governement" right now.