Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NeonLobster
So I'm always looking for the next great site to discover and buy new vinyl.
My current obsession is horror soundtracks (which I'd like to thank Waxwork,Death Waltz for).
I recently purchased my first record from them (Zombie Holocaust),which I haven't received yet BTW but there have been issues and I'd like to know if anyone else has had similar circumstances.
First being,I paid for it on their site.It seemed to have gone through,double checked associated accounts and it had cleared.3 days later I get email stating that my order had been updated to payment pending.???
Emailed proof via paypal.A few responses later I'm updated to shipped.
Try tracking for a week and it's always in "pre-shipment".
Another email exchange,basically they tell me their postal workers have a habit of not scanning throughout the process.
I get it,I've had issues in the past.Today it appears it's finally near me and will probably get delivered Monday.
I love their selection and prices but don't want to put up with the drama every time I order from them.
Anyone else have issues like mine?
By spiral insana
I've ordered from them on discogs a few times and have always had a good experience, I hope your issues get resolved mate
(Also- I've been hearing of USPS routing blunders left and right these past few weeks, like the mail for certain parts of Ohio gets sent to Michigan or PA and then back into Ohio, etc.... Maybe something like this is happening)
By DJAlfonso
Two Headed Dog is my new go to site! Excellent selection, reasonable prices and shipping rates. I've always received quality service from them...
By deafmetal
I have nothing but positive feedback for 2HD. Great service. They also seem to stock all the things I am looking for and much more.
By Spun out of control
Haven't ordered from them as I'm UK based, but THD has been kind enough to request stock of our last two tape releases for the States & have been nothing but super enthusiastic & a pleasure to deal with...

As @deaf says, they also seem to stock a lot of like minded music so the guy has obviously got an eye (and ear) for cool stuff.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hey, NeonLobster. Welcome to the STBC! My two cents: Two Headed Dog is a great store, but they are on the slow side with shipping. That perception is exacerbated by their policy of sending an email between the standard "order received" and "shipped" emails with one declaring a shipment as "pending." First time 'round, it gives the impression that the order has been fulfilled/shipped which can be confusing. I've had an issue (ranging from pre-orders not coming in on time or at all [not necessarily their fault] to accidentally not shipping an ordered/paid for item) with every order I've had with them thus far. Nothing that couldn't be resolved, and always politely, but it did take effort and time on my end. I believe this is a grow-with-the-company situation. I could've bought many of these same items from other outlets and received them in a more timely fashion, but 2HD's two headed heart seems to be in the right place and it's awesome to have one store importing almost everything I am interested in under one eRoof. And at competitive prices to boot. I will continue to buy from them for now, but there is definitely room (and need) for improvement in the near future.
By reddye6
So I don't like to rant, but I'm going to rant.

1. May 2018 I placed a THD order for four albums.
2. Sat for a long time, even after the albums were released. After much gentle prodding, it shipped in September 2018.
3. Package sits in transit for a long time and eventually goes to the dead letter office.
4. THD gets the shipping label sent back to them (how the hell did it come off?).
5. Put in a claim to get it found.
6. January 2019 after no movement from USPS, THD agrees to giving me full credit, which I thank them for.
7. Place new order.
8. Order shipped last week.
9. Order arrives today.
10. One of the records in the order wasn't included, even though they were all in stock.

Also doesn't help that I got Cruising today with a really sweet corner ding in it.

First-world problems, I know. But grrrr.
By inksb
I ordered a CD from him in August 2018 with a shipping estimate of mid September. At the end of October I email him asking what's going on. 2 weeks later I get a response saying that the CD comes from a guy who tours with Frizzi so he doesn't always ship out in a timely manner. I say that's fine, I appreciate the update. Another month goes by I ask for an update, he says it should be coming soon with a few weeks. So I wait more. Finally mid January 2019 I email again asking if he thinks it's even coming in. He tells me probably not and that I can get a refund for it if I would like, I say yeah lets just cancel it and I get store credit back because I wanted to pre-order the Burning Tapes Black Lake OST. Had an estimated ship date of 2/15. Well it's now mid March and I've asked him if I'm even going to get that record and he tells me that Burning Witches didnt' send him the full amount of copies he ordered and that they are supposedly going to send him some but they have been long sold out, I just don't expect to get this record either. I haven't bothered Burning Witches about it either since it's not their problem or fault, it just bums me out that I probably won't own that record due to THD and I should have known better.

I feel your pain @reddye
By Mateo Sanboval
Ben is yet another nice guy, like Ed, who, by choice and/or circumstance, is in way over his head. Three to six months is the best case scenario for most folks to see their orders.
By BurningTapes
Bens a great guy, but he orders our stuff from distribution not us directly so not really down to us. That’s between him and LITA. We did underpress Black Lake as there was bigger demand than expected, I guess 2HD just got caught in the middle.
By deafmetal
deafmetal wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 pm I have nothing but positive feedback for 2HD. Great service. They also seem to stock all the things I am looking for and much more.
Since I posted ^that almost three years ago, I will now update it with my modern 2HD strategy:

- place order
- wait some months
- poke Ben with a stick (repeat, if needed)
- ask for credit for missing items

By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:44 pm
deafmetal wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 pm I have nothing but positive feedback for 2HD. Great service. They also seem to stock all the things I am looking for and much more.
Since I posted ^that almost three years ago, I will now update it with my modern 2HD strategy:

- place order
- wait some months
- poke Ben with a stick (repeat, if needed)
- ask for credit for missing items

Perfection.
By inksb
Update on my Black Lake order. Ben actually came through. After weeks of messages he was able to obtain one and shipped it on Saturday. Very happy to finally have it. I will be taking a break from ordering from him for the time being though. Or I might go the route of messaging him prior to ordering to see if he has stock in hand.

Tip for those who try to communicate with him and get nothing. I tried email for a while and ultimately he told me to just message him through the site because he get's overwhelmed with emails and they get lost.