Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By carloscadaver
Aside from cutting right to the chase, let's take a second and INTRODUCE ourselves and become better acquainted with everyone!

I'm Carlos Rossi, from Los Angeles. I do the Month of Macabre blog & DJ all over the place. As big a audiophile as I am a cinephile, and a passion for collecting horror memorabilia & vinyl discs!

It's very nice to meet you all.
By Lawrence
Hi, I'm Gary. I'm English but live in Sweden. I've been Djing for about 20 years now, have a fairly large record collection (6,000), love soundtracks, tend to buy a lot of vinyl but also buy vast amounts of CDs. Nit really a vinyl snob or even a collector more just have an love of music. Huge film fanatic and just like with my music taste my film taste is all over the place.

Discovered Death Waltz by chance and grabbed everything I could as quick as possible. I'm a subscriber I'm happy to say.
By static14
Hi. I'm Chris and I was the music director (and writer, and host of many shows) on XM's Cinemagic for quite a few years. I got to do, see, and experience some amazing things in my time there. I also had the pleasure of talking to a ton of composers and directors that I have the utmost respect and admiration for.

Aside from that I'm still an absolute lover of genre films. Like a lot of you (I'm sure) I went through a horror awakening in my pre-teen and teen years. Till this day I firmly believe nothing beats a good (or sometimes horrendous) horror film! I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and guess that many of you also think that horror and sci-fi seem to somehow bring out the absolute best in many composers.

By siforster
Hi all,

I'm Si Forster & I live just south of Manchester.
I write the 6 Days From Tomorrow blog (usually drunk or grumpy witterings about music I like, past and present) and have just gotten back into vinyl hoarding after a long time in the CD wilderness. Sorry about that.
Can't remember where I first heard about DWRC, was probably Twitter as I follow the Rough Trade people and the name kept cropping up - my first purchase, ever so slightly dipping my toe into the water as it were - was signing up for Subscription No.2, and have spent the rest of the time since then rediscovering my teenage joy of great, weird horror flicks...
By Oswarez
I'm Omar, from Iceland. I write for Twitchfilm.com occasionally but am a graphic designer by day. I usually do soul crushing crap in my day job but I freelance as a movie poster designer focusing mostly on genre stuff. I used to be in a band and back in 2002 I toured the world with it which was allot of fun.
I've been a movie/horror nut since I was a kid and two years ago I directed my first horror short film that has traveled the festival circuit and I'm quite chuffed by that.
By deathwaltz
Hey all
This is nice !

I'm Spencer I own / run DWRC and have wasted my entire life working in record shops and the music industry.
I used to have a small fanzine called Psychotic Reaction that I published in the 90s and ran a film festival called Nothing Shocking. I guess I have always been doing something with music or film (or both) but DW is the first thing I seem to have done well !
I also co-ordinate Record Store Day for the UK too !

Nice to meet you all in such a friendly setting.
By Jeff
I'm Jeff, I live in Chicago, I've been a nerd my whole life. Toys, comics, movies, records, I collect a little of everything.

No affiliation with any fun blogs or DJing or whatever.

Got turned onto DW via the OMGVINTL blog mentioning the Zombi release, had to order EFNY after I checked into them and haven't stopped.

Just a fanboy always on the hunt for something.
By anthony m
hey guys. im anthony from new york. i have just recently started collecting horror soundtracks and death waltz turned me on to it. before that i was collecting late 80s early 90s industrial vinyl and recently jack white label third man records. third man records has become way to exspensive for me so i figured i would start collecting mondo and death waltz. im a life long horror fan and i love how i can start collecting the soundtracks. im really excited for this forum and getting to know all of you.
anthony
By cultofthedustwitch
Hi, I'm Gabe, from Massachusetts. Death Waltz is one of my favorite things happening with music right now. The selection, mastering, artwork and quality of the releases is absolutely stellar. I never thought I'd be able to afford (or even find!) a Fulci soundtrack on vinyl. Would love to see the Two Evil Eyes OST released in the future, or any Goblin/Argento material.

For the last 3 years I've played synths in an Italo Horror OST-inspired prog band called Dust Witch (hence the handle). My gear includes a SCI Prophet 600 (about as close as I can afford to get to Carpenter's rig) and a Moog Slim Phatty paired with a Hammond organ. We have a few demos here: http://dustwitch.bandcamp.com/

It's always been our goal to score (and possibly write/produce) a horror film. Anyone interested in collaborating should get in touch!
By carloscadaver
Gabe! Your stuff is GREAT! Definitely digging on this sound big time! Thanks for posting the link to your bandcamp. Digging the vibe.
By layneharvey
howdy folks. my name is Layne from charleston, sc. i'm a 35 year old 6'3" child with a moustache. i'm a member of the Holy City Beard and Moustache Society. i have been collecting vinyl for about 17 years, and have always loved soundtracks. i'm a huge horror fan, and am just giddy about the resurgence of the horror soundtrack revival. all of the labels doing this right now are doing some very creative things with the artwork, packaging, and vinyl presentation. you keep making them, i'll keep buying them.

my collection is about 2300 strong and are all in my Discogs collection (just finished adding all of them 2 days ago!). very cool to meet all of you nice people.
By jamie
Hey all,I'm Jamie from Scotland and love collecting vinyl of all kinds .Been collecting for a couple of years so my collection is kinda small compared to you guys.Im a member of Thirdmans vault and also collect Prints from Gigs which I attend.
Studying photography at City Of Glasgow College which I am enjoying very much.So being a student you can understand why my vinyl collection is so small.
This is a great forum and look forward to meeting you all.
By DragonZord
Hello peoples
My name Sunny Mahant I'm 22 born and raised in Toronto Canada. Started buying in 2010 stopped for a bit and fell in head first last year again. More into action and foreign films but after meeting John Carpenter last year I hav started to dabble into the horror. Record collection is just over 200 ( all on discogs) and does show signs of slowing down
By cultofthedustwitch
Thanks Carlos, glad you enjoyed it! I'd be happy to send you some downloads if you're interested. We'll hopefully have more new recordings soon, we've got a ton of material and just need to get in a studio.
By unpopular_poet
Hey everyone -- My Name is Dan Nelson and I live in the Chicago area. By day, I am an attorney that by night spends his time cooking. Nothing compliments cooking like a good soundtrack. I actually discovered DW in my never ending search of carpenter soundtracks..at the time I was trying to collect as many variants of EFNY that I could...I think I have tried to order everything since. I think my wife would understand if I told her that DW just had an autodebit from our account! My vinyl collection has outgrown its space, black metal has moved to the basement and I can't imagine owning more Tom Waits (but I will)...Soundtracks are something I have always loved since I was little -- to be honest -- I think it probably all started with the Eye of the Tiger from Rocky 3 and the music in Halloween and Poltergeist. That clown tore me up, I don't think I slept for 6 months. My first vinyl soundtrack was Goblin's Zombi on red vinyl -- ordered 2 years before I bought a record player...the years since then have been good...
By chuck
Hola! Didnt see this post! Im Carlos. Born in UK but have lived in Spain for the last 8/9 years where i've been a househusband for the last 5. I grew up listening to music and watching movies (my first horror flick was Elm Street, i was about 5, f*cked me up for weeks) with my older brother and sister and started stealing their records at an early age. I properly starting collecting vinyl around '95. Mostly punk stuff, and only got into soundtrack/score collecting in the last year after i saw DWs version of EFNY in a couple of online distros.

Looking back now, I remember when i was 10 or so watching Tim Burtons Batman in the cinema and the Danny Elfman score hitting me so hard in the belly. It was booming, glorious, so dark and dramatic that fit the film so well. That was probably a subconcious start for the love and appreciation of a good soundtrack... it just took 20 years to figure that out.

Its a pleasure to be here and meet you all.
By Pitch
Greetings! I'm Steve from London. Have been picking up dusty old vinyl for too many years now, and soundtracks have always been at the heart of my collection. From Quincy to Lalo, and Carpenter to Goblin - the funky, the weird and the scary! Big fan of the horror genre since watching Hammer on TV as a kid, and moving on to that great 80s US suburban horror phase (Blue Velvet, The Parents, Society, Stepfather, even the Burbs I guess) - and then discovered Argento and all was good in the world! Death Waltz was a fantastic discovery - luckily just in time to be the last 100th subscriber of sub vol 1. Other favourite music genre is lounge born out of the Easy revival in London in the 90s. In fact - the two loves of lounge and soundtracks will come together when I see Burt Bacharach once again in London in a couple of weeks. Nice.
By monsterworship
Hello. I'm Chad from Pittsburgh, PA. Been colllecting records, toys, and various junk for most of my adult life.

Since 2008 I have been the owner of Monster Worship, making limited edition japanese soft vinyl toys and other stuff like art, prints & apparel.

By wooks79
Hey all, I'm Si :)

Currently spread thinly between Manchester and Middlesbrough, between work and family, so can quite often be found flicking through the vinyl in both Piccadilly Records, and Sound it Out Records.

I'm obsessed with music, I'm pretty open to anything, and have been a performing musician playing bass in bands for about 15 years now. It really is my passion.

Love horror films, love vinyl, so obviously a combo of teh two is like a party in my eyes and ears :)

Anyways, love that there is a forum for us lot now, good work all in charge!

Waffle over, cheers, play nice!
By palmat
Hi there!
My name is Mathias Palmberg and I live in Sweden. I've been into movies and soundtracks all my life. The first soundtrack I bought was John Williams score for E.T when I was 8 years old. I still got it by the way. I got into horror in my early teens spending a lot of time looking for illegal copies of cannibal movies and giallos (censorship was REALLY REALLY bad in Sweden in the 80´s). As I got older I started playing in bands and lost touch with the world of soundtracks. I got back in the "game" a couple of years ago when I bought a new vinyl record player after doing CD's for far too long. I discovered DW a few months ago via www.boomkat.com and the rest, as they say, is history.

Nice to meet you all!
By freshoj
hi all,
I'm John, and it has been two days since my last vinyl purchase.
I live in Portland, Maine, USA and have been a vinyl junkie for about 20 years. Jazz has always been a big focus, but I listen to so many different things (pre-war blues, rockabilly, girl groups, krautrock, punk, industrial, house & techno, hip hop, and so on and so forth).
Like some of you, I credit DW with my newfound interest in soundtracks - which I needed like a hole in the head.
I recently came to the momentous decision to limit my collection to 4 linear feat per decade (all my records are organized by recording date). This has been a difficult time - culling 50's and 60's vinyl isn't easy.
looking forward to foruming with you!
-jmc
By razorboy
hello all, i'm john anderson from the US... i own a vinyl-only record store, reverberation vinyl, and i love soundtracks, especially horror, which is reflected at my shop. i'm always up for trades with uk/european friends, so feel free to hit me up!
By FnordChan
Howdy! My name is Phil and I live in Chapel Hill, NC. I volunteer as a college radio DJ and I spend a ton of time going to local film series like Retrofantasma and Cinema Overdrive that offer 35mm screenings of horror, SF, and exploitation films. I didn't really go down the vinyl rabbit hole until I started getting into vinyl-only record labels like People's Potential Unlimited and I didn't start getting heavily into soundtracks until I attended a screening of Tenebre and walked out having to have the OST as soon as possible. From there the Death Waltz release of Zombi and the Mondo release of The Beyond dragged me completely over the edge and I'm happy to be here with all of you today. Bonus tidbit: I have spent far more of my life wallowing in Japanese cartoons than is probably strictly necessary.
By grumpynorthener
How do boys & girls. I'm Tim originally from Sunderland but now a resident of North London. A bit of a newbie when it comes to soundtracks and like a few of you I'd have to tip my hat towards DW for getting me hooked.
Love most sorts of music but especially electronic (Aphex Twin / Autechre / BoC etc.) and psyche / space rock (Spacemen 3 / Loop etc). I'm currently trying to list all my records / CD's on discogs but it's a slow and painful process.
I'm pleased to be on board and I look forward to chatting to you lot, by the way I'm not really grumpy apart from during the football season ;-)
By Oiche
Hello lovely people. My name is Ian Quann and I live in Colchester, UK after moving from Ireland many years ago. I've been buying records since I was nine and the collection has reached about 10,000 much to the despair of my girlfriend. I love soundtracks, library and instrumental music mostly, but love all sorts of noises and also collect weird records about mass murderers and instructions to sewing machines and so on. The only 2 labels I have every record by are Trunk & Death Waltz. Jonny Trunk's OST show every Saturday GMT16:30 *LISTENHERE* is a huge recommendation.