Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Welcome aboard, Crossed Pete. Tex has you well covered in terms of posting images. Fire away if you've any further queries. Look forward to seeing you 'round the board.
By CrossedPete
texasvinyl wrote:Hey Pete, welcome. There should be a little tab below the text entry box for a post called upload attachment. You can select a picture from your phone album to attach. On my phone it also gives me an option to take a new photo as well. Another method is to upload your picture to imgur and link it in your post. There's a button above the text field that says "Img". For imgur I find the "large thumbail" size works best.

So that way would look like:

I'm pasting a picture as an imgur "large thumbnail" link and as a forum attachment so you can see how they appear on the page.

Hey Texasvinyl I still don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Every time I try to up load a pic it tells me the file is too big. I’ve tried to change the settings on my camera but I can’t figure it out. How do I make my pic size smaller? I have no clue. I’m not too interested in downloading imgur if I don’t have too. But maybe I should. Thanks for any help
By texasvinyl
I am not sure. I've never gotten that error but I assume there is some limit on the forum to help manage server load etc. I generally use the imgur method here since I like the way the pics look on the forum that way.
By NathanLurker
Pete, if you want to use the 'upload' function of the forum, then I guess you'll have to either
1- use an app that resizes pictures and then use the upload function to upload your resized picture OR
2-change the settings of your camera app so that it takes lower resolution photos.
By Bezulsqy
Welcome aboard Pete! I see you figured out how to post images. This forum doesn't allow images over 1mb to be uploaded and nowadays pics from phones are almost always too big so I use Imgur mainly.
And always a good time to stop smoking. 8 years ago I quit after having smoked a pack a day for 15 years. One of the better decisions in my life. I have to say that addiction has been taken over by collection vinyl :-)
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote:Hello

I read the faqs but “I’m from Canada and I’m a little slow eh”

No way, eh?

;)

Hey Pete, welcome aboard!
By ScoJo
Xertz wrote:I'm Otto, a 13 year old record enthusiast. I love to make music, and I own a record label as well.
Hey Otto - you are living the dream, keep it up! :)
By Phatso
Hey,
I’m new I’m Phatso. I have pretty usual,obvious taste in synth scores and non-film synth records.
I enjoy: LP!CD,Cassette and Bandcamp. I like good sound but I am not an audiophile.
I’ve signed up to this forum to obsess over Records.
Other than that, I’m as boring as it gets.
By Bezulsqy
Phatso wrote:Hey,
I’m new I’m Phatso. I have pretty usual,obvious taste in synth scores and non-film synth records.
I enjoy: LP!CD,Cassette and Bandcamp. I like good sound but I am not an audiophile.
Hi Phatso! Welcome to this record obsessed boring community!
By Mateo Sanboval
Phatso wrote:Hey,
Top o' the morning, Phatso! Welcome to STBC. Have a look around and make yourself comfortable.
By ScoJo
Hey there @phatso - welcome aboard. Be careful browsing in the New/Upcoming Releases threads, and don't eat the yellow snow - apart from that, no harm can come to you round here.
By havershaw
hey, all, I’m new here.

I finally got a space of my own within my house (kids etc) so I felt like I could actually own a turntable and nice stereo without it getting messed up, so I started down the Black Path of Vinyl about a year ago, and have deeply frustrated my wife with the aggressiveness of my collection.

Soundtrack-wise, I’m mostly into 60s-80s horror, but I’m also somewhat obsessed with Bernard Herrmann, John Williams (I know he’s super obvious but come on, his 70s-80s scores are incredible), John Barry, Goldsmith, etc.

I’m lucky enough to still have a decent number of LPs I bought as a kid in the 80s, but I somehow lost a bunch of them, so I’m being suckered into all of these reissues (although I usually buy reissues of things I already have too, so I can sort of figure out which mastering I like better).
By deafmetal
Jimmy_Mike wrote:I tell Mrs. Jimmy_Mike that I'm investing in a new asset class.
Vinylcoin - all the current deluxe/limited reissues actually contain ultra high-frequency encrypted bitstreams that you need a special CoinMongerTM cartridge to decrypt. The value of each vinyl disc varies depending on exact ratio of artisan coffee grounds to beard shavings that are contained within the colored vinyl which directly alter the bitstream to salt the hash and generate hipster-friendly surface noise to ease the listening of the crappy album you bought on impulse due to the absolute certainty it was going to sell out immediately and never be repressed ever again.

@Havershaw - welcome to the forum!
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
Jimmy_Mike wrote:I tell Mrs. Jimmy_Mike that I'm investing in a new asset class.
Vinylcoin - all the current deluxe/limited reissues actually contain ultra high-frequency encrypted bitstreams that you need a special CoinMongerTM cartridge to decrypt. The value of each vinyl disc varies depending on exact ratio of artisan coffee grounds to beard shavings that are contained within the colored vinyl which directly alter the bitstream to salt the hash and generate hipster-friendly surface noise to ease the listening of the crappy album you bought on impulse due to the absolute certainty it was going to sell out immediately and never be repressed ever again.

@Havershaw - welcome to the forum!
Cascadia is lucky to have you.