Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
@crazybeats I no longer work at XM. After the "merger" with Sirius almost all of the XM folks were laid off. I'm still friendly with a lot of the people I met over the years there.

If you're looking to get your foot in the door with a production company I'm affraid I can't help you there.
By tim28212
I saw this thread a while back and then completely forgot to come back and introduce myself. My name is Tim, I am 51 yrs old, and I live in Winston Salem, NC. I have been collecting vinyl since I was 2 yrs old carrying around a stack of 45s and my "ya-ya", my name for my portable record player. My first soundtrack purchase was Jaws and shortly after that Alien. I bought anything John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith released. I confess to hopping on the silver disc band wagon for a while and during that time I get rid of several vinyl editions as I replaced them with CDs. Then I returned to my senses and the hunt was on to get them back. I pretty much buy only vinyl these days. Along with movie scores I am also a huge fan (though not limited to) of 70s & 80s rock and disco. I just want to say how great it is to be a part of this and give a shout out to Spencer at Death Waltz for starting all this and breathing new life into the vinyl/horror/soundtrack genre.
By repulsion
I live in northern germany (btw greetings to Andreas_Hamburg). I am addicted to movies, music, soundtracks and art ever since I can remember. I went to the movies with my father when I was very little - Once Upon A Time In The West and Jaws left me breathless! Then I almost spent all my pocket money for movies as a minor and had so much fun at my local cinema with "classics" like City Of The Walking Dead, Class of 1984, Piranha 2, Mad Max, a lot of japanese Monster movies and many more. My mother went nuts!
I am into horror movies from the 70s and 80s (Nightmare In A Damaged Brainand, Maniac, Fulci, Argento, Asian stuff ...) old silent movies (Lang, Murnau, Wiene ...). I like alternative and independent stuff (favorite band is still Dinosaur Jr.), rock, prog, sometimes metal and soundtracks!
By hncreature
Pushead - Hand of Fear
By siforster
It is indeedy! NO idea what I did with the 7" that had it as the cover art, this is the label from the subsequent Kichigai single:
By hncreature
Pusmort Sampler w/ flexi...still have this and Kichigai

By repulsion

Oh Septic Death... the 7" with flexi is a real killer, has s.o.b. "slap in the face" on it. that song blew me away.
I ordered the lp back in the 80s directly from Pushead. Nice guy, he signed the cover and inserted a big poster. Terrrrrrrorrrrrrain....

By siforster
That's a way cool thing you have there, repulsion! I always remembered that his real name was a secret until someone (The Exploited? They had a bit of an issue with him) put "Pushead's real name is Brian Shroeder" as a message in the runout groove of one of their records...

(In other news, this is also an experiment to see if this post winds up halfway up the page again, despite being written at the bottom. EDIT: Apparently so. Ah well)
By Darren LD1984
Hello everyone, my name is Darren and I live in Dublin, Ireland. The first record I every got was the 7inch of Flash Gordon by Queen, which I played to death on a Fisher Price record player. I loved the A side, but it was the B side, Football Fight that got me obsessed with soundtracks and synthesizers. I saw Assault On Precinct 13 for the first time when I was 14 and from that point I started collecting (which was really hard to do in Dublin in the 90s). Nowadays, I collect a lot of soundtracks, old synthesizers and drum machines and watch a lot of horror movies. So, not a huge change since I was 14 really

By jim1079
Hello! My name is James. I'm a huge fan of Movies (especially Horror films) and all things analogue. I run a very small DIY label called 'Vagary' (http://vagaryrecords.tumblr.com), which is dedicated to releasing experimental music (e.g. Noise) on Cassette (and working on some releasing some material on 8-track).

I'm currently listening to and enjoying the Vinyl and Cassette release of 'Last House On The Left' on One Way Static, and the brilliant 'Forbidden World' LP on Death Waltz.

I'm also saving all my pennies for the upcoming record store day. So many great releases coming out!

Nice to be on board, hope to get to know some of you!

JK

By revolver
Hello
My name is Mark, I've been collecting vinyl on and off seriously since the late '80s. I've always been a soundtrack fan and found paradise with all these great new labels!
I just finished listening to a Grail record I've wanted for over 10 years! I now own a copy of "Thunderbirds are Go", the picture disc with the extra tracks! Now I just need to track down the "Return of the Living Dead" picture disc and my vintage needs will be complete!
By teenagegrubworm
Hello

James here from Portland Oregon, I'm a huge monster movie fan and nerd for books, records, movie posters, and vintage halloween decorations.
Looking forward to getting to know some fellow vinyl junkies.
By crazybeats
[quote=12476]@crazybeats I no longer work at XM. After the “merger” with Sirius almost all of the XM folks were laid off. I’m still friendly with a lot of the people I met over the years there.

If you’re looking to get your foot in the door with a production company I’m affraid I can’t help you there.
[/quote]

I was actually looking to find someone based in the US that worked for a production company to do a favour for me.
By Dollarhyde
Hi my name is Matt. I reside in the UK not far from colchester in essex but work in a big London hospital's operating theatres. I've been buying records on and off since the early nineties.
I'm interested all sorts of music. I was raised on my older siblings musical tastes, the likes of the residents, sex pistols, severed heads or throbbing gristle.
Started buying records in 92 with the dawn of rave and jungle, then got into techno, hip hop, funk, jazz, electronic, vintage electronic, library, ost, psych and anything otherworldly or bizarre.

Have been slowly but surely getting back into buying records over the last few years after taking a haitus about seven years ago.

Found out about DW through steve moore's horror business ost. Big fan of the label and this forum although my knowledge of horror osts is limited.
By Alekspectre
Hello all ! I live in France, lost in Burgundy. I am a Musical Plastic Plates lover, i work in muzak freak scene since a long time. My first soundtrack was "Il était une fois la Révolution" from Ennio Morricone in 1977 and my first non-soundtrack was Kiss Alive II in the same year. My first trip with horror movies was with "Creepshow" & "The Beyond" in 1983 in the same night during a VHS Family Party". The rest is discovery & history.
By Cosmo
Hello everyone.

I'm a 19 years old french, collecting vinyls since one or two years.
I'm currently studying cinema and working on a few short and a full-lenght movie.
I think I got into vinyl when Death Waltz announced the Zombie soundtrack, I was like "shit I need that"... I still don't own it sadly :(
I'm a big fan of horror and science fiction movies, especially from the 80s? Oh and I love old action movies too ( Cobra <3 ).

By badge666
Hi,Jean-Marie from Belgium.Been a huge horror fan ever since I can remember (the glorious video rental days of the early-mid 80's to be more specific) and fell in love with horror soundtracks thanks to Lucio Fulci (Zombi2,The Beyond),John Carpenter (Halloween,Escape,Assault,The Fog),The Omen,The Exorcist,Dawn of the dead (GOBLIN!!!) and so on.Buying loads of giallo dvd's got me started again and just love those groovy Morricone,Nocolai,Ortolani,etc,etc,etc OST's.Thanks to labels like Mondo,Death Waltz,Private,One Way Static,and so on I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the new releases,but damn,it's fun!
Oh yeah,and nothing beats vinyl - duh :-)
By GrantBeacs
Hello everyone!
I'm Grant. I've been collecting for about 4 years now, and I've been collecting soundtracks in particular for the past year or so.
I've got a really diverse taste, and generally just love the format.
Really pleased to get involved with such a great forum.

By bpwlogan
I'm Brian I've been a vinyl fan for 25 years or so. For the most part I collect alternative rock records from the last four and a half decades. Have some soundtracks too. Bought some Carpenter soundtracks from Death Waltz. That's where I found this site. I'm from Detroit, MI, but have been living in St Paul, MN for the past three years.

Greetings to you all!
By bpwlogan
I hear you on Dinosaur Jr. Is there any thing better that You're Living All Over Me? One of the best albums ever recorded.
By bpwlogan
Kiss Alive II that was one of the first albums that me and my brother bought. It came with tattoos. I guess Kiss is putting out some monster vinyl box set.
By philball1974
Thought I would resurrect the post!

Im Phil, I live in Nottingham, UK. I am a photographer and have been into music for as long as i can remember. Been into vinyl for about 2 years now.

Been a movie fan for a lifetime and I remember way back when i was a kid obsessively listening to Top Gun and the Lost Boys on my Sanyo tape player and loved how the music could transport you back into the movie, that said Ive only really been serious about collecting soundtracks for maybe 8 months but have accumulated a few in that time, not to mention the DW deluxe subscription.

Good to meet you all!
By ninjaqutie
[quote=17888]Thought I would resurrect the post!

Im Phil, I live in Nottingham, UK. I am a photographer and have been into music for as long as i can remember. Been into vinyl for about 2 years now.

Been a movie fan for a lifetime and I remember way back when i was a kid obsessively listening to Top Gun and the Lost Boys on my Sanyo tape player and loved how the music could transport you back into the movie, that said Ive only really been serious about collecting soundtracks for maybe 8 months but have accumulated a few in that time, not to mention the DW deluxe subscription.

Good to meet you all!

Welcome! I love top gun. :) I'd love to get that soundtrack eventually. LOL.
By chandler75
I love the "Top Gun" soundtrack and I'm not ashamed to admit it :)

I actually have "Danger Zone" as my ring tone :)