Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By count dorko
Greetings! my name is Josh I live in a big spooky house W/ My beautiful wife and 2 pugs in Spokane WA. A town that inspired David Lynch in creating Blue Velvet. Just another Big old horror/record nerd who is super excited with the resurrection of all these great soundtracks on vinyl.
By maxvelvet
Hello everybody, I'm Max and I'm Italian. I'm collecting vinyl since the 80's and my passion for soundtracks started with Goblin, of course! Musician and movie fanatic, I am also one of the admins of Cinephobic Forum where we have a big part dedicated to collectible vinyl soundtracks. So it's great to share passions and opinions with you guys!

LONG LIVE THE VINYL!!! ;)
By Buggenhagen
Hello all, I'm Chris, I stay in Glasgow and I've been buying records slowly but steadily for a long time now. Don't have a massive vinyl collection but I'm pretty happy with it and add to it whenever I can. Loving the resurgence of vinyl and of soundtrack releases in particular.
By fanboy
Hello everyone! My name is Dan and I live in the Duluth area of Minnesota. I've been collecting vinyl for about 16 years. I started when I attempted to get into DJing in 1997 and it has grown from there. Now my main focuses are soundtracks and 70s/80s hair metal. My collection is at a modest 600+ at the moment. I make a trip to my local shop every Tuesday to check out anything new they've gotten in. I also take trips to Minneapolis every so often and make sure to do a little digging while I'm there. It's great to see so many other people here with the same type of interests in vinyl.
By trash211
Cheers to beers and crocodile tears.
By thenuthouse
Howdy hey. My name is Nick. I live in Lawrence, Kansas. Despite never really being all that much into horror as a youngster, I seem to have hit a delayed adolescence. Started snagging soundtracks to my favorite movies while record digging, and it just morphed into snagging anything with an interesting cover. Pair that with reviewing rock / pop culture documentaries and books as a freelance side gig, and I'm swimming in hundreds of movies.

Day job's working with college students in radio and student activities, while I spend my free time watching movies, lamenting that I don't read as much as I'd like, and trying to convince my wife to stop and look at records one more time.
By enki
hey all. great site! i'm enki, i live in So Cal and I've been a vinyl junkie for a long time. It all started with my first Misfits record in the early 90's. I love finding cool stuff from numerous genre's like Soundtracks, Punk, Post-Punk, Metal, Jazz and Classical.

Currently spinning the "Superman The Movie" OST for my 3 year old daughter... well, not currently but earlier this morning.
By minhtran513
Hi - Minh here from Los Angeles. Into post-punk vinyl and Masters of The Universe. Work in music, film, web services and now also about to launch a children's eyewear/sunglass line called Paxley. 2xtime subscriber to Death Waltz and soon to be 3xtime. Last night I re-watched Razorback. Love when-nature-fights-back movies.
By bansel
Hi all,

Brian from Detroit here. I've been collecting vinyl for 25 years now (mostly 80's metal and punk). Started getting into soundtracks a few years back, now I am completely consumed! I am thrilled with the high quality stuff Death Waltz and Mondo is putting out and excited to see new up and comers like Waxwork and One Way Static. My wallet disagrees!
By dannybos
Forgot to introduce myself. Hey, my name's Danny, I live in Melbourne, Australia. A long way from the action going on above the equator. It can feel like we're two or three releases behind sometimes when records are all but plucked dry by the time they arrive this far down the planet. So I apologise in advance if I'm all over the Wanted/Trade threads!

I got into the soundtrack game after picking up a Varèse copy of Dawn of The Dead about five years ago, between then and now it's been a slow growing pile that's quickly filling a classic Ikea shelf. With the re-issues coming out of the U.K. and the States I'm gonna need a new shelf and a second job ...
By baphomet
Hi All,

Scott from the U.K.

Love classic horror films / soundtracks / weird and wonderful from Clint Mansell, Zombi, Goblin, Tangerine Dream, Carpenter, Simonetti, Frizzi, Elfman, Christopher Young, anything surreal, haunting or different from the norm (whatever that is?)

By jgibbs4053
I'm Darrell from Wilmington, NC. I just really started collecting vinyl soundtracks about 4 months ago when I stumbled upon Waxworks ReAnimator album. If you know any any good albums I should start w let me know. Thanks! Instagram: darrellgibbs
By voidhead
Hello. My name is Petri (most people call me Pete), I'm 35, and I live in Helsinki, Finland with my wife-to-be, our 4 month old baby girl and our dog. I narrate audio books for a living and occasionally tour with bands selling their merch. I also have a small company for voiceovers, dubbing and translation work. I have been obsessed with music literally all my life.

My favourite band of all time is Neurosis. My main interests have always been in metal, punk and hardcore but I'm a musical omnivore of sorts (for example drum 'n bass, jazz, classical, noise and soul all have a place in my heart / collection). I have a hardcore punk band called Famine Year and a grindcore band called Feastem. I've also DJ'd different types of electronic music for over 10 years.

My first soundtrack crush was Wojciech Kilar's massive score to Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula from 1992. It's still one of my favourite albums of all time and I'm STILL looking for it on vinyl. My other favourites include Brazil (could somebody PLEASE release this on vinyl?!?), Phantasm, The Shining, The Fog, Full Metal Jacket, The Thing, Apocalypse Now, Rosemary's Baby, Requiem For A Dream (yet another one way overdue for a vinyl release) and Psycho, just to name a few.

Pleasure to be here and nice to meet you all!
By siforster
Welcome, and nice avatar!
By voidhead
Thanks!

I can't believe I failed to mention Blade Runner, the best soundtrack ever!
By old1eye
Hello!
Just signed up. My name is Ryan Spahr. Im an artist in Pennsylvania. I tattoo, draw, paint, all kinds of stuff. I enjoy weird films and cool music. Hoping to meet some new people and make some like-minded friends. Cheers!

ryAn
www.theblackshrine.com
By layneharvey
welcome to the fold, ryan! great work you have there on your site.
By old1eye
Thanks! Good to be here. Looks like all kinds of good things happening on this board.

Thank you!
By deathwaltz
Hey all you new folks ... welcome aboard.
By Dagon
Hi all,

My name’s Tom, and I live in Luxembourg (am I the first Luxo here?). I’ve just hit 40, and after a long absence from collecting vinyl (apart from a handful of industrial records), I’ve been getting back into buying vinyls.

Even though I have been a film freak since my childhood (any genre basically), and even though the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade soundtrack was my first vinyl, and Conan the Barbarian my first CD, I have never really collected soundtrack to a huge degree.

However, when my girlfriend bought me the WW Re-Animator vinyl on a whim, I started getting into soundtrack vinyls big time again, and then I discovered DW Records and OWS,among other labels, and *BOOM* there went whatever disposable budget did not go to films, comics, and books in general.

Now I am a OWS subscriber, I hope to top that up with the next DW subscription (I am sold with Fulci and Lynch), and I’ve finally decided to join this forum. I’ve been lurking here for a few weeks, and was impressed with the support and camaraderie on these boards. That said, if anyone needs help from Luxembourg, let me know.
By ninjaqutie
My name's Ashley. I've only been collecting vinyl for about... 10 months or so. I have a tiny collection of 200 LP's, but if you include my husbands it's slightly larger at over 500. My collection is mostly alternative/classic rock, but you can find just about anything in it. I have always been into scores and soundtracks and I fell easily into buying them on vinyl. It wasn't long ago that I really got interested in them though. I have a soft spot for the horror soundtracks especially. If I can, I try to find the OG and the new releases. I like DW, WW, OWS (sub) and Mondo. Looking back, I am now kicking myself for not getting a sub to DW when I had a chance. I didn't really know what DW was back then. :/ Talk about a missed opportunity there. Ouch. I never see those pop up anymore either.
By crazybeats
[quote=511]Hi. I’m Chris and I was the music director (and writer, and host of many shows) on XM’s Cinemagic for quite a few years. I got to do, see, and experience some amazing things in my time there. I also had the pleasure of talking to a ton of composers and directors that I have the utmost respect and admiration for.

Aside from that I’m still an absolute lover of genre films. Like a lot of you (I’m sure) I went through a horror awakening in my pre-teen and teen years. Till this day I firmly believe nothing beats a good (or sometimes horrendous) horror film! I’m also gonna go out on a limb here and guess that many of you also think that horror and sci-fi seem to somehow bring out the absolute best in many composers.

[/quote]

Do you still work there or work in the industry? Do you know people in production companies. Things like TV commercials or TV shows or people/companies working on films or working in areas to do with sound/music used?
By 4000days
I suppose I never did this, so what the hell. I'm in procrastination mode today.

I'm Sean. Live in New York, about 50 miles north of NYC. Been into both horror and vinyl since I was a kid. I was a musician/record store manager my entire life up until 2011, when I went back to school (I'm 37 now). I'm kind of a super-nerd now and am in the middle of sorting through where I'm going to go for a PhD next fall. Let's see.....I got a 7 month old English Bulldog last week and named him Beetlejuice. He's pretty rad. Ummmm....I rent a 10'12 foot storage unit to keep my records in, and only keep a couple/few hundred at the house at any given moment. I collect all kinds of stuff on vinyl, but I'm most passionate about soundtracks and 50's/60's jazz.

To give you an idea of how psychotic my vinyl collecting is, I bought a collection of 3,000 78's last year.
By static14
Hey Ed! I'm a little late on my reply. Guess I should poke my head in on this thread a bit more. Hope you're doing well.

Ed is a standup dude on many levels and also the guy who hooked me up with copies of last years DW RSD releases! Thanks again Ed.
By Andreas_Hamburg
Hi,
my name is Andreas, and I live in Hamburg / Germany.
I've been reading in this forum for a while, and decided now to take part.

My record collection just reached the 1.000 (mostly 80's stuff, a lot of 12" Maxis). I startet collecting soundtracks on Vinyl about a year ago. Got totally fixed, when I saw the DWR Fog release. Unfortunately I was too late for the transparent version, but ordered the blakes gold then. Although my favorite DWR release so far is the House by the cemetary soundtrack, as this film is one of my absolutely faves in splatter movies.
Until today I have about 70 vinyl soundtracks in my collection, most of the DWR releases (I am subscriber of third run), but also the fantastic Waxwork discs, and of course a few Mondo's.
I signed up One Way Static subscription a few days ago, after I bought their first two releases. I am really exited about their Cannibal Ferox release.
Also I can't await the RSD-disc from DWR.

There are still so many great scores out there, that deserve to be released on the best medium ever - Vinyl.

Greetings
Andreas