Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By grumpynorthener
WOW, all the Trunk records?
By Oiche
Afraid so. Difficult on the pocket when a few different coloured versions are released! Also own a trunk tea towel :)
By PaulZaza
Hi everyone, my name is Christian ans I'm addicted to vinyl soundtracks...
i live in germany and i'm trying to go to filmschool, i already made an amateur horror movie called "CUT WIDE OPEN"...hence i'm a huge film fanatic.
here's the trailer:

[video]http://vimeo.com/47213500[/video]

my favourite director is John Carpenter.
i have a huge movie collection of 2000 blu rays/dvds and about 500 vinyl.
i am really happy about the rebirth of vinyl and the new labels,especially DEATH WALTZ. and when i'm not watching movies i try to hunt down old originals on vinyl...
i also run a little theatre that only plays on weekend and just 35mm(fuck digital) we made classic movie weekends where we already shown: Mad Max 1 and2, the SHINING, Halloween(original, of course, the exorcist, silence of the lambs, full metal jacket, gremlins and on and on...

i think this forum is a great idea to connect soundtrack lovers all over the world

cheerio for now
By fluppeco
Hi, I'm Phil from Belgium (EU). My vinyl love started when my cinema addiction came across the Dario Argento films. The music was so awesome I needed to listen to it on it's own. Clint Mansell, Hans Zimmer, Gorgio Moroder, ... many more followed, a new passion was born... My disposible income is split into art prints, blu-rays, graphic novels, art books, video games, art toys and also some vinyl so my collection is pretty small but sweet.
By grumpynorthener
Tea towel.. very nice. I've got all the DW and Public Info stuff but thats about it for full collections of labels.
By afriendofken
Hi. I'm Stu from Birmingham (UK). Genre films are a favourite of mine, I wrote my dissertation on the parallels between Argento and Hitchcock, and it was research into Argento that got me on to soundtracks - my first being the fantastic Zombi by Goblin. I also make droney/ambient music under the name of Luumen and play/dj/produce with a trio called Capac.

Looking forward to sharing this space with you all; trading, chatting, and helping out where possible.
By John_Flichty
Looks like I didn't introduced myself yet (pardon my shyness)...
I'm Mathieu, from France, and my interest for soundtracks comes surprinsingly from my love for music and cinema. All kind of music (my specialty being saturated/noisy ones, but soul, funk, hip-hop, cold wave, post-punk, free jazz... whatever makes me happy), all kind of movies (with a particular interest for everything that is different or deviant. But I like my goofy comedies and explosive blockbusters). When it comes to soundtracks, I love as much symphonic grandiloquence (Rosza, Herrmann, Barry, Poledouris...) as synth craziness (Frizzi, Carpenter, Moroder, Band, Chattaway... I'm not here for nothing) or groovy tunes (Jones, Hayes, Budd...), with a lot of love for Japanese composers (Sato, Ifukube, Takemitsu), being given I'm a huge jidaigeki/kaiju/Japanese SF fanboy.
I work for an arthouse DVD publisher, my master's dissertation was about ninjas in cinema and I love comic books from all origins (or bandes dessinées like we say here).
It was a bit too long no ?
By Conal Cochran
Hello Everyone. I am sure you'll be shocked to learn that my name is not really Conal Cochran, it's actually Ed Baxter. I live in Connecticut, by way of Queens, NY. I can remember seeing the old Universal monster movies on TV when I was little, but horror became an obsession for me back in 1978 when I laid eyes on the movie poster for Halloween. Something about the image of that pumpkin with the knife coming down on it changed me. I was only eight years old at the time. By the time I was 11 I had movie posters for Halloween, The Fog, Scanners, The Howling, The Funhouse, Friday the 13th, My Bloody Valentine, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre hanging in my bedroom. I was a demented little kid. I shared a room with my younger brother who would have nightmares about the posters, but I refused to take them down. Ah, to be young again.

Well I just turned 43 on June 14th and I still love horror movies. The reason I am here is that I also love horror soundtracks and vinyl. About a year and a half ago, I stumbled across and online article about some British dude named Spencer Hickman that was starting a new label and calling it Death Waltz. He said it came to him in a dream one night. To launch the label he was going to release Escape From New York on vinyl. My first thought was that it was going to be a pain in the ass to get LPs from the UK, not to mention how expensive the shipping would be. The second thought was that I HAD to have a copy of Escape From New York from this dude. Needless to say, I got the LP, as well as almost every Death Waltz release that followed, and fell in love both Death Waltz and Spencer. I am secure enough in my masculinity to say that. I recently waited almost six hours, on a cold April morning in New England , outside of a local record store (on Record Store Day) just so that I could get my hands on Death Waltz's Yellow and Horror Business. Glad I did, as they are both awesome.

Alright, I am starting to bore myself, and most of you as well I'm sure. It says "Introduce Yourselves!", not "Give Us Your Whole Fucking Life Story!" Nice to meet you all.

By Conal Cochran
Hey there Chris, fancy meeting you here bud. Hope all is well! Look forward to seeing you around here. By the way, it's Ed Baxter.
By Antoni Maiovvi
Antoni Maiovvi AKA Anton Caligula Maiof AKA Toni

I run Giallo Disco Records with Vercetti Technicolor (on here) we find new artists who make music that sounds like Tenebrae meets Escape From New York and then put it on a nice loud 12" for DJs to trick unsuspecting drunk people into dancing to it.

I've been releasing music since 2001, mostly noise / ambient / disco - I was the composer for the film Yellow which Death Waltz put out on RSD13.

My music wouldn't exist without Horror. I am the eldest of three children, which meant I could stay up later than everyone else. A religious household, horror was most certainly forbidden, but then we got cable, and Bravo used to show Jess Franco and Lucio Fulci movies late at night (as well as tons of other eurosleaze epics) I would tape them off the television and stash them under my bed. I collected pirate tapes from comic shop men. Most of which were stolen from me at parties.

By DISCOSUCKS...
Hi!

Thought I'd do my intro as a reply to Stu....as I'm also in Bham Uk!

Always into movies. Kicked in properly though when I was in early teens and a friend bought over his then-cutting-edge VHS player and a copy of Escape From New York. Hard to describe how remembering that afternoon makes me feel. Won't try.
Think it was Tangerine Dream that led me into soundtracks as a separate form....taping Street Hawk theme from TV with a portable tape deck. Hmm, I'm such a high-brow guy, why are all my starting points so "trashy"?
Records - that's my format of choice. If for no other reason than it's the best way to view sleeve art. Not complicated really. (Though I've plenty of other reasons...)
Started making music, making films, illustration....making....whatever. Continue to do that. It all goes by my moniker Film Ficciones now. I like not having a boss. But ironically, as my own boss I can be a right c*** at times.
I've got shitloads of OSTs, some rare, some rubbish, some just taking up space until someone wants them more than me. But I listen to them ALL - none of your "mint/sealed" with my shit. If I did that, I'd be able to hear them screaming for attention at night...
Not huge on social media or net-friends, but I like this forum a lot. Really nice to meet you :)

By Rplx69
Hi, i'm Matthew and it's been nearly 8 hours since I purchased a record, thankfully only 4 hours since the postman bought one to the door. Cambridgeshire is a wasteland for vinyl shops so I must go to the likes of Norman, Boomkat and Death Waltz and Great Pop Supplement and Trensmat and Champion Version and Fake Jazz and Cardinal Fuzz and all over really. God I love being on line.

Love all sorts of music really - punk started it (ah that just aged me) then Joy Division and kosmishe along with a healthy dose of John Peel completed my curiosity. Although no Trunk tea towels here, but that's ok, there is always something worth seeking out. Just listened to Bruits et Temps Analogue from Patrick Vian (Satubgold reissue), cripes - it's pretty darn good
By hncreature
Hey Folks!

I am Nick from San Diego CA by way of Cleveland OH - Yes...I do like music and movies...nothing better than great music from either a great or not so great movie

Can't call myself a record collector - I have never paid collector pricing for most of my collection until recently when finding Death Waltz and wanting to complete the series - Thankfully I still haven't gone much beyond what it would cost to buy it from DW mail order - I have "hung on" to my records over the years...starting in the late 70's...and have amassed close to 3000 Lps from soundtracks to hardcore to metal to garage to surf

Thanks to Steve Moore and his "Horror Business" release I was introduced to Death Waltz which in turn brought me here - I freakishly have almost completed the collection in just under two months...obsess much? I have my only need in the "Wanted" section

My first recollection of the horror genre was "Kolchak the Night Stalker" and being completely horrified...and intrigued - While mom and dad watched it in the TV room me and my brother would peek around the doorway and squealing away when the scary parts happened - We were also lucky enough to have not one but three great horror host on local Cleveland TV...The Ghoul / Big Chuck and Hoolihan / Superhost

My tag comes from the days...the mid 90's...when I worked with the band THE IN-SECT from Athens OH...booked / promoted garage rock shows...and was a record buyer all for a few years out of Columbus OH where I went by the moniker Hip Nick Creature

Other interest include: Mountain biking - Boston Bruins hockey - Cooking

I'm 5'11"...190lbs...7 1/4...oh wait...my bad...wrong forum...but HEY nice to meet you and good record hunting to you all

...and by the way that was my hat size ;)
By fishead
I've been going by Fishead for as long as I can remember...

I've been DJing for 20+ years... I guess I made something of a name for myself in the more extreme field of breakcore - but I don't really focus on any particular genre... I work at an independent music distributor as a day job, and my personal collection has begun to push into the territory where friends joke about staging an intervention.

I'm about to embark on a Masters in Film Studies (Concordia, Canada), with an eye to do my thesis on the use of music in film... although that's in the very early stages.

I've also written about film, music and a lot of other nonsense for various magazines, journals and newspapers over the years.
By ChrisSD
Hi,I'm Chris Tillotson from Los Angeles California and like you guys i collect vinyl. I mainly collect french and italian soundtracks,prog,and am also a death waltz subscriber. I play in a instrumental prog band Starving Daughters. I dig using samples too kinda like Jean pierre Massiera or something. Great to meet you guys
http://starvingdaughters.bandcamp.com/
By deathwaltz
I have to say this thread is really great. So many cool people on here.
By rockschosenwarriors
my name is derek. i was born and raised in the coal mining region of eastern kentucky. i got here via a light in the attic post. i got to light in the attic via the monks re-issue and the re-issue they did of jim ford's harlan county. he was from two counties over from where i was raised.
By carloscadaver
hey Chris, nice to see your post on here. I'm also a LA collector and just wanted to say HEY to a neighbor. Welcome.
By Conal Cochran
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE!!
By ghostfires
My name is Ryan. I am 32, and I live just a few minutes outside of Austin. I frequent End Of An Ear, Waterloo Records, and Hog Wild Records (San Antonio). I am deeply obsessed with vinyl - not only soundtracks, but modern classical (Johann Johannsson, Max Richter, Gonzales, etc), synth/electronic prog (Zombie Zombie, Zombi, Zoltan, etc.), lots of death/doom/stoner/black metal, and just about anything else I find interesting. Honestly not sure of the size of my collection, but it's all on discogs.

I've been into vinyl since I was about 13/14...I began listening to Hearts Of Space and Echoes, and I picked up Jean Michel Jarre, Brian Eno, and a few others. Enigma was also a hugely influential music project for me at a very young age.

Aside from all that - I do have a room full of instruments, including lots of synths. I record music whenever I find free time. You can find one of my albums here - Ryan Harris Bandcamp. Another project can be found here - The Witch Family - Cosmic Earth.

I'm always up for talking about music, vinyl, and synths!
By Anthony
I'm Anthony from RI. I collect music, mostly Metal. I've only gotten into soundtracks in the past two years or so, mostly Carpenter (hence me finding Death Waltz Records). I've got hundreds of albums on CD and only about 200 on vinyl which I'm slooowly entering into Discogs.

Oddly enough I knew about Light in the Attic from hearing the paranormal themed radio show Coast to Coast years ago when someone (forgot who) from LITA was on talking about Jim Sullivan. The next day I bought the album.

I'm pretty active on Twitter( @A-Cote1 ), posting pics of what I'm listening to/watching and whatnot..I've got my first video up there of me opening up the new Fog vinyl I got today.
By karswell

Hello I'm Stephan a Sagittarian from Birmingham England now residing in Worcester. I like collecting records and exploring the cave of the unknown.
Was exposed to horror films at too tender an age and have looked back ever since.
Got into Death Waltz via Trunk & Ghostbox and in addition to those labels I follow Mondo, Clay Pipe, Trilogy Tapes & others I can't afford.
Was lucky enough to go to the amazing Fog night recently have also got ticket for the Frizzi Halloween event which I can't wait for!
By seb
#latetotheparty

Hi guys & girls,

I'm Sebastiaan. I run One Way Static Records out of Belgium. I started the label around the same time as my friend Spencer. He took quite the headstart... but not for long ;-)

We are in touch since we both started our labels and get along just fine. Instead of being competitors we try to join forces as much as we can. This is possible since we both share the same passion, support each other's releases and don't copy each other's style and concept.

On a more personal level : I'm 35 years young. Father of 2 girls. Longtime producer, label(s) owner,...
The fact that I love soundtracks and vinyl goes without saying. You can't run a label without this passion.

I started this forum with my Spencer.
We brewed on the idea of a forum a while back, a place to hang and chat with labels, fans, movie, vinyl/ost lovers,...

I hope you are enjoying it ;-)

If you want to know more about my label you can check
www.onewaystatic.com

or follow us on TWITTER and FACEBOOK