Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Hola, Paul. Welcome to the Terrordome.
By Hoverbot
Hullo! New here. Don't know how long this forum's been here, but I really wished I knew about it! I love horror movies and recently started collecting horror movies on vinyl. This place kicks ass!
Anyways, hullo everyone here on spintheblackestcircles!
Prolly should take some time and update my profile a bit!
See y'all around!
By Bezulsqy
Hoverbot wrote:Hullo! New here. Don't know how long this forum's been here, but I really wished I knew about it! I love horror movies and recently started collecting horror movies on vinyl. This place kicks ass!
Anyways, hullo everyone here on spintheblackestcircles!
Prolly should take some time and update my profile a bit!
See y'all around!
Welcome! And commiserations to your wallet!
By ScoJo
Howdy @Hoverbot! And congratulations getting through STBCs aggressively resistant firewall with that moniker ;)

Stick around...things get pretty wild up in here.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hi Hoverbot. A bit of background for you: STBC Started life as an AOL chatroom about Pogs in 1994. In early 1998, people started to realize that cardboard could get wet and what even were these Pog things really anyway. Attendance in the chat room began to wane. Later that year we ran out of those cd-roms filled with free minutes so the site went underground for the next fifteen years or so until it was resurrected by a bunch of ad bots as a niche vinyl promotional site. Some of the original members stumbled upon the site in its new incarnation and ousted the bots, but quickly realized there wasn't anything to really do around here. So we took up collecting records. I mean, the blueprint was already there. Plus, Pogs don't really cost very much so we had a lot of spending money saved up. Welcome aboard!
By vi_resmusic
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Hi Hoverbot. A bit of background for you: STBC Started life as an AOL chatroom about Pogs in 1994. In early 1998, people started to realize that cardboard could get wet and what even were these Pog things really anyway. Attendance in the chat room began to wane. Later that year we ran out of those cd-roms filled with free minutes so the site went underground for the next fifteen years or so until it was resurrected by a bunch of ad bots as a niche vinyl promotional site. Some of the original members stumbled upon the site in its new incarnation and ousted the bots, but quickly realized there wasn't anything to really do around here. So we took up collecting records. I mean, the blueprint was already there. Plus, Pogs don't really cost very much so we had a lot of spending money saved up. Welcome aboard!

Is this your Imaginary film? Shall we expect a synth score to match the synopsis?
By deafmetal
vi_resmusic wrote:Is this your Imaginary film? Shall we expect a synth score to match the synopsis?
Now we're talking... Spin the Roundest Pogs
By static14
deafmetal wrote:
vi_resmusic wrote:Is this your Imaginary film? Shall we expect a synth score to match the synopsis?
Now we're talking... Spin the Roundest Pogs
@deaf don't you mean "Slam the Roundest Pogs"?
By bpwlogan
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Hi Hoverbot. A bit of background for you: STBC Started life as an AOL chatroom about Pogs in 1994. In early 1998, people started to realize that cardboard could get wet and what even were these Pog things really anyway. Attendance in the chat room began to wane. Later that year we ran out of those cd-roms filled with free minutes so the site went underground for the next fifteen years or so until it was resurrected by a bunch of ad bots as a niche vinyl promotional site. Some of the original members stumbled upon the site in its new incarnation and ousted the bots, but quickly realized there wasn't anything to really do around here. So we took up collecting records. I mean, the blueprint was already there. Plus, Pogs don't really cost very much so we had a lot of spending money saved up. Welcome aboard!
@Mateo, LOL!
@Hoverbot, lots of great people around this place. Welcome!
By Neon Occult
Hello All

My names Paul 31 and i am from Kingston Upon Hull in England, I have collected vinyl for a couple of years now but now gravitated towards soundtracks especially synth soundtracks. Love all the death waltz/mondo issues but look forward to finding more obscure ones to!

I have set up my own studio with a few classic hardware synths and software and now making some of my own soundtrack scores to imaginary films. hopefully I'll be able to put a few of these up when I get time. Until then

Happy spinning!!
By zygote23
Steve...based in N. Ireland
Collecting vinyl for 30+ years.
Found this place while looking for details of pressing quality of OWS Popol Vuh records.

So Here I am.

Hey
By Bezulsqy
Hey Steve, welcome!
Collecting for more than 30 years! Wow! What kind of releases are you mostly interested in?
Did you find an answer to the Popol Vuh quality question?
By zygote23
I have a rather eclectic taste in music I'd say current favourites would be Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Queen, Tom Waits, Portishead, Talk Talk, David Sylvian.
I've recently seen Pat Metheny, Radiohead and Jenny Hval Live and will see Elo, Gary Numan and Roger Waters later this year.
At 53 I still love banging Techno but restrict me clubbing to frequent Berlin visits lol.

As for the Popol Vuh Question...I'll post in the One Way Static forum in a bit. I didn't want to just show up on a forum and be moaning for my first posts.
By Mateo Sanboval
Welcome aboard, Zygote23! Based on that musical lineup, you'll fit right in. Chin chin.
By bpwlogan
Welcome Steve! It's always nice to see a new member join up, and I gotta lotta love for some of the artists you mentioned.
By CrossedPete
Hello

My name is Pete I’m 33. About three years ago I had to quit smoking because my wife and I were trying to get pregnant and had to go through IVF, the only way they would do the treatment was if I quit smoking. In the beginning of trying to quit I tried to keep busy watching movies and getting back into listing to music.

After getting into Carpenter I started buying horror reissues from labels like death waltz,oneway static,waxwork to name a few and eventually found this awesome forum. I’ve enjoyed reading the different threads.

After 3 years of collecting and not really having any friends that are into horror synth scores I feel like I’m ready to join in the fun here at STBC and participate.

Also I have a quick question is there a simple way to post pictures from my phone? I wanted to share my finds from a record sale today and can’t figure it out. I read the faqs but “I’m from Canada and I’m a little slow eh”
By texasvinyl
Hey Pete, welcome. There should be a little tab below the text entry box for a post called upload attachment. You can select a picture from your phone album to attach. On my phone it also gives me an option to take a new photo as well. Another method is to upload your picture to imgur and link it in your post. There's a button above the text field that says "Img". For imgur I find the "large thumbail" size works best.

So that way would look like:

I'm pasting a picture as an imgur "large thumbnail" link and as a forum attachment so you can see how they appear on the page.

Attachments
IMG_20180206_190059916.jpg
IMG_20180206_190059916.jpg (4.27 MiB) Viewed 4795 times