Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
@ Deaf

Welcome Mark ;-)

Great story! And great memories. For some reason I do not have a lot of those. No bad memories either. Just not a lot in general.
Maybe just because your parents ran such a thight ship your interests into the forbidden fruits had such a profound impact. Really fun to read where you are coming from.
By deafmetal
@Bez - I have been told many times that I seem to remember stories or small details that others tend to forget. Also, I agree with you that my restricted media intake absolutely contributed to my current interests. If I had completely unrestricted access to everything when I was a kid, I would probably be a totally different person today -- or dead/in prison. :)
By tonyandrewgiles
Well, well, well...

It seems I am terrible at remembering to post here, I meant to do this literally years ago now!

Hello everyone,

For those of you who don't already know me, I'm Tony Giles from The Damn Fine Cast + a couple of other podcasts, I also work at Lakeshore Records.

It was nice meeting as many of you as I did back at Mondo-Con, hope to talk to more of you through the forum.

Cheers
TG
By ChrisMcQueen007
Hi everyone,

After having posted for a couple of weeks now (and having followed the board for quite a while before signing up) I thought it would be time to introduce myself.

I'm Chris, I live in Germany and am in my late 30ties (until next year...). So due to my age I still grew up with records (the first record I bought was the score to "Das Boot") but then moved on to CDs like many other people. Since a couple of years I'm back to collecting records (and have sold my entire CD collection). I love scores and soundtracks, especially from Italy and France. However, if I would need to choose my favourite score I guess that would be "Thief" - for me listening to this is a near perfect experience, probably only surpassed by listening to "Ziggy Stardust" by Bowie, my all-time favourite album.

My day Job is within an international company, I travel quite a lot across Europe. Sometimes I can work from home though which is nice as I then get to spin some records during the day (like today - currently listening to the utterly quirky and fantastic Zombie Holocaust).

It's great to be onboard here - am enjoying the ride and look forward to learn, share and laugh through the discussions with you guys.
By Mateo Sanboval
Dust off your eyepatch, Chris, and welcome aboard the pirate ship. Chin, chin!
By Mateo Sanboval
ilo2112 wrote:Brand new to the forum and excited to be here!
By Steve Powder
Hi,

I've posted before but I can now introduce myself in the right place. So i'm Steve Powder... I'm from Finland.
I'm quite young, in my early 20's and I kind of first got in love with cinematic music from looking around on youtube. I remember the first track that got me into soundtracks was Umiliani's Svezia in Paradiso. That track was the sound that i was yearning for, slightly exotic, latin, and groovy and well, old. I a bit later I found Jungle Obssession and that first track fired fireworks in my teenage brain. I must have this type of music in my life!

Since then I have gone deeper into the library music and other recordings alike. I’ve even gone to Morricone’s concert. It's funny that library music draws you in and it is hard to let go. You can be months at a time in that funny and quirky world. It's so interesting and wonderful. Some of the best libraries is music for one’s soul and it's great that with internet I can choose what kind of garden I want in my life.

But don't come to Finland looking for libraries, the music has been dead for a long time. Although now there is a couple places where I can get the music from, which makes me happy. I also like that there is this forum and being able to join the discussion of this great unknown music.
Last edited by Steve Powder on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Nicely done, Steve. Glad to have you.

PS - Libraries, scores, and soundtracks will fuck up your life; get out while you can.
By texasvinyl
Hey Aksel, welcome. We post a decent amount of library stuff here in the library music thread. @milliondollars has some really beautiful pieces! And Mateo is right they can be a dangerous hobby :)
By Paul Northgraves
Hi, Am Paul. 30 years of age and live in Hull, England (2017 city of culture). I have long listened to OST but have only just started collecting them. I love all aspect of electronic music but nothing beats the horror soundtracks for originality. I currently record music using synths and drum machines in horror music/synth wave style.
By ScoJo
Steve Powder wrote:Hi,
a bit later I found Jungle Obssession and that first track fired fireworks in my teenage brain. I must have this type of music in my life!
Aksel - Jungle Obsession! Oh my, what a killer. Leads to all sorts of other malarky, that one...

Funnily enough, one of the first library tracks that lit a fire in my own brain was ESCAPADE by Roger Roger from Chappel Mood Music No 24. An otherwordly banger!