Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
@deafmetal haha quality post, thank you.

@havershaw I like John Williams' THE FURY and I should put it back on the platter again, thanks for reminding me. Any particula favorite of yours ? I dont thinj anyone here will fault your for liking "obvious" composers here. I think we all like things like Jaws etc. John Barry, I'm not to familar with, I think I only own "the Deep", which I liked. Again, welcome to the forum.
By Jimmy_Mike
deafmetal wrote:
Jimmy_Mike wrote:I tell Mrs. Jimmy_Mike that I'm investing in a new asset class.
Vinylcoin - all the current deluxe/limited reissues actually contain ultra high-frequency encrypted bitstreams that you need a special CoinMongerTM cartridge to decrypt. The value of each vinyl disc varies depending on exact ratio of artisan coffee grounds to beard shavings that are contained within the colored vinyl which directly alter the bitstream to salt the hash and generate hipster-friendly surface noise to ease the listening of the crappy album you bought on impulse due to the absolute certainty it was going to sell out immediately and never be repressed ever again.

@Havershaw - welcome to the forum!
Masterful
By havershaw
@deafmetal - A+

@NathanLurker - I loooove the Fury. I feel like people don’t talk much about how great that score is.
Other than that, kind of the usuals w Williams: all of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films, pretty much all of the Spielberg films up through Jurassic Park.
His stuff after that isn’t as thrilling to me. I’m not sure why.
His Dracula score is pretty terrific, and I think Witches of Eastwick has some pretty great moments on it too.

My favorite John Barry scores are The Black Hole and King Kong. I wish they’d release that expanded CD on vinyl. I don’t mind the OG vinyl, but I wish it weren’t so incomplete.
By havershaw
Speaking of JW, I’m going to be in LA tomorrow for his Hollywood Bowl concert.

Can any of you folks recommend some OST-centric record stores anywhere in LA (besides Amoeba)? I haven’t been to LA since I’ve been buying records, so I’m not sure where to look.
By J.R.
I must have missed that! I’m so happy you all are still here! I hope you are all well and surviving all this stuff going on! We are currently in lockdown again in Sydney but I’m still going to work every day!