Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
@dollarhyde

Was under the impression that the 3xLP Symmetry LP was the unofficial 'rejected score' for Drive, which would make a lot of sense as a couple of the other acts used for the first section of the sound track (Chromatics, Desire) are on the same Italians Do It Better label.

It is certainly in a very similar vein, with the dashboard design on the cover and an imaginary driver starting up his engine for the opening track.

But if anyone knows of a different 'true' original score for Drive, would be very interested to hear ;)

By Spun out of control
@simonsj

Thanks for the link and clarification... well the Symmetry LPs certainly seem to share a similar feel & inspiration let's say... :)

Like the highlighted quote from the article:
"The Drive producers were concerned about whether I was able to compose... they thought I was just a little 20-year-old hipster dude."

Referencing Perturbator maybe?
By zuko
What do you mean Spun, has Perturbator done a film score?
By Spun out of control
@zuko

I was merely referencing the fact that he was a 20-ish hipster dude working in a similar vein. :)

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he did get involved in film scores.

We're bound to hear about it here first...
By nick_rising
The Symmetry album is great. There are still some signed copies left at the label's webstore for $20 shipped.
By Dollarhyde
I just received some stuff from the idib store. As an extra they popped in some awesome mock cinema posters with the order promoting thier new stuff. Will post some pics when I get the chance
By Oiche
I'm watching spun! It does look like they left in some Martinez at the start at least. I'm enjoying this so far. I really like that the bbc are showing both versions simualtaneously and that you can switch between them using the red button to compare.
By Spun out of control
The new tracks have given it more of a reflective, plaintive feel so far... Thought Churches worked quite well with the opening titles.

Love the cold electronics of the original having said that. This version feels somehow warmer and more gentle without... Just my impression :)
By Oiche
Know what you mean. In the oringinal, he feels more detached and the score supports that alienation vibe. Nice illustration of how scores really can shape all aspects of a movie including characterisation. We all knew you can't better Martinez, but I like messing with the format :)
By Oiche
Well that was interesting. Some bits worked better than others. Real hero was replaced by a very weak track which was a big drop, but overall much better than I expected. Still not Martinez to state the obvious!
By Dollarhyde
Only caught a bit of this. Didn't like what I heard. Comparing it to the martinez score it seemed unimaginative and a bit crude from the little I heard.

The rescore kept on making me realise how good the original score is