Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
Does anyone know anything about this TT?

Someone I know is selling one £300 without a tone arm

Is this a good price and is it a better TT than the Rega RP1?

Much appreciated
By freshoj
hey Phil, sorry nobody has any real insights.

here is my 2 (or 3) cents:

I know I really like this table - and almost bought one once. for me, its' support for different arm geometries makes it easily best a Rega.

On the other hand, Rega is still around, making parts, etc while Logic isn't. but, with that said, I can't imagine you'd ever have anything really fail on it.

To me, they both fail for not having an easy switch between 33 and 45.

I am probably out of touch with current pricing, but £300 sounds pretty high - especially armless. I'd think closer to 200-250.

let us know if you go for it!
By philball1974
Thanks for the input. I'll have a look at how much tone arms are and price it all up. Also not sure if its been serviced or indeed in anyone services them.
By chuck
Phil, may I ask if you're actually looking for a new table or just thinking about it as this one has become available?
By philball1974
Well I am moving to upgrade my whole system. The one I have is very old (apart from the TT) and i'm refreshing for the next 20 years. The TT is on my list but is at the bottom along with the phono stage. Im looking at tube amps at the moment so a new purchase of a TT would be a luxury. I know that Logic used to be good quality British manufacturers and if this TT was a steal at the price then I wouldn't hesitate, but as @JCM pointed out, its probably overpriced anyway!
By freshoj
here is a recent sale (they don't come often, that is for sure - especially stateside)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logic-DM-101-Tu ... 7675.l2557

Looks like maybe my memory is off as there are 33/45 buttons! and I can't really tell if you can swap armboards easily enough. so perhaps all of my points were off base. well, except maybe the arm-less price. :)
By chuck
Ah! Ok. What else do you have on your list?

I recently bought, after years of wanting to upgrade, a modded technics sl1210. Not a turntable Id ever considered but really happy with it. If you haven't already, I'd definitely look into it.

Mine was fitted with rb250 arm with ortofon 2m red (will be upgrading to blue soon), all the dj gubbins ie. Pitch slider were disconnected and the whole thing covered in carbon skin. All for just over £400 shipped. All Tescos Value components at the moment but all easily upgradable, money permitting, of course.

Plus @static has one... So it can't be bad!!
By philball1974
Yeah I used to have a Numark direct drive which was like a shit version of the 1210.

I did a lot of research about upgrading and what to go for first and how to do it etc and because I looking to spend a fair bit on the upgrade (for me anyway) so its going to take a while.

I really like the though of a Valve/Tube amp but there isn't a lot of great info and I don't want to buy into something Ill regret. I saw the Lamm Industries ML3 Signature monoblock power amplifier at $140k which is just daft!

If I don't go tube amp then I like the look of the Creek Audio 50A and a pair of Kef q900s

Hifi seemed less confusing when Richer Sound sorted me out 15 years ago.
By freshoj
FWIW, I gave up on tubes years ago as they just introduced another fiddly possible failure point in the chain - as well as being another aftermarket accessory to distract me from the tunes.

plus they get hot.
By philball1974
Yeah John, thats the one thing that puts me off. I don't want to be replacing things unnecessary. I've had a flawless system for the past 15 years, albeit a budget one. I just want to up the game and have the same hassle free usage for the same period.
By chuck
Yep richer sounds helped me out about 15 years ago... It was definitely time to upgrade.

I know feck all about tube amps. Actually I know very little compared to others on this forum to be able to advise you constructively, but I did find plenty of info on other forums: pinkfishmedia, avforums, audio karma etc. those guys knows their shit!

Mate, good luck and I'd love to see what you go for. Keep us posted.