Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
with all this love for cassettes is it time to ditch the ipod and get a Walkman?
By DrRhythm
Unless it's one of the pro models of course!
By Dollarhyde
I was in an apple store the other day and ipods seem to be way overpriced, £100 or there abouts. I have a £40 sandisk player and have stuck a 32ig micro sd in it. Cheap and cheerful and can hold lots of music, and no shitty itunes !!

If I saw a nice walkman for cheap I would consider it. But too much heft to carry around and mp3s have spoilt me in terms of choosing what to listen to.
By Peek-a-boo
mp3 players are a lot more practical. I'm going to take my 4th generation ipod to the repair shop (think it needs a new battery).

I've got a pretty high quality double tape deck for home listening.
By ghostfires
I've covered all the bases the best I can...

Home - turntable, dual cassette deck, 5 disc CD player

Work - turntable, (definitely seeking a cassette deck)

Car - Old iPhone now used as an iPod

Travel - iPhone
By philball1974
When I say ipod I actually have an ibasso dx50. I'd quite like a home tape deck but prices seem very high.
By Whip Wilson
Phil, if you would be so kind, would you give me a quick attribute/limitation rundown on your dx50? In your own time of course.
By philball1974
@Mateo if you are looking for a Portable digital player then you can do no wrong with it. It sounds superb, plays wavs, flacs, alac as well as compressed files such as mp3 and aac.

It has 3 gain settings to power any headphones, I personally have a pair of AKG Q701 Quincy Jones and they sound incredible through the device without any additional amplification. Something not possible with an iPod classic which I also own.

The menu system is slightly clunky, with the touchscreen being way to sensitive but I have Rockbox installed on mine which means you can use the buttons to navigate as well as the screen and the menu system is way better. People say rock box sounds better, but I'm not convinced I can tell a difference.

Oh and it has a thing called USB on the go which means it can take external USB so its an endless storage capacity. I have a little dongle on mine which has a 64 micro card which gives it 120gb in total.

By Whip Wilson
Thanks, Phil. It has an internal SD card, yes? Is there any limit to the memory size you can use with it?
By Whip Wilson
You're a diamond, Phil. Chin, chin!
By philball1974
No Problem. I really can't think of anything negative to say about the device.

Also if your in the UK you can buy from advancedmp3.com and you don't need to pay import tax as they usually ship from China.