Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chandler75
I think this is depressing - is my first thought. Maybe I'll change my mind when we know the details.

So Death Waltz will cease to exist?
By tonyandrewgiles
I don't think so @rasmus, I'm just thinking that's how they've worded the article.

Especially with the new DW Originals offshoot.
At least now we can talk to someone at Mondo.
By tonyandrewgiles
Spencer confirmed that DW will be seperate.

I really think we're all in for some great stuff.
By Hatter313
I'm super skeptical, but I have faith in Spencer. I'm hoping this will result in larger print runs and less "randomly inserted" variants. I just hope the flippers don't crowd us all out now, i feel like DW has been pretty flipper safe for a while.
By Peek-a-boo
From an outside perspective & I don't think I actually own a Mondo release, the problems people seem to have with Mondo on this forum seem to be with items arriving late or damaged & over the top prices. Tell me if there's more? But I'm sure Mr Hickman will sort this out cos he is certainly on the ball & the Deathwaltz customer service is top notch.

So I say congratulations Spencer and Mondo, but please can I have the subscription House of the Devil wav's before too many corks get popped!
By Peek-a-boo
I'd hazard a guess that twin peaks would be a joint release or whatever the plan is for the two companies.
By Alekspectre
"...and tomorrow the woooorrrlllldddd !!!!" ;)
Seriously, it's a good point for U.S customers with European releases more accessible, i think...but for European ?...

By jdubtxn
Spencer you were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Mondo, not join them!

In all seriousness congrats. Also can I have a job? I do project management and file/document management. You need a grunt to do the dirty work of organizing things.
By NathanLurker
[quote=31698]I’d hazard a guess that twin peaks would be a joint release or whatever the plan is for the two companies.[/quote]

I dont think so. Twin Peaks is already announces as an "out of subscription" release from Death Waltz. I dont think this new turn of event will change the plan on current releases that are already announced
By philball1974
DW selling mondo in Europe would be most welcome!
By renpen21
Surely with Spencer in charge this can only be a good move.
By EdKings
In Spencer we trust !
By siforster
If this means that someone finally puts my Jurassic Park record in the post, I'm all for it.

Congrats Spencer!
By MODAREC
Pleased for Spencer and even more pleased if it means that us Europeans can pick up Mondo releases at a normal price. An end to the random variants would be cool too. Just hope DW carries on regardless and the subscriptions continue.
By ghostfires
I think it's a positive if Spencer can end all the ridiculous schemes Mondo has run since they started. If he can put a positive spin on how they treat their customers, stop the supposed website failures, stop the leaking to flippers, stop the random shit, get them to begin shipping on time, stop the excessive preorder time...maybe Mondo can be respectable one day then!

How will the agree as to what soundtracks are released on what label? Will Death Waltz release all horror soundtracks from now on, and Mondo will release everything else?
By Spun out of control
Any of you lucky Mondo Con attendees pick up any snippets of first hand news on how the new DW + Mondo relationship will be working out in practice...?

Or was it too much of a bun-fight to grab the exclusive releases to stop for a chat with the main men involved in this trans-atlantic love-in? ;)