Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
I felt I had to share this.

Its a digital release on Bandcamp, for charity,. 6 hours of music from the likes of Johann Johannson, Max Richter, Ian Hawgood, Hammock and Peter Broderick.

$10

This colossal compilation has been curated by Headphone Commute to benefit all of those affected by Hurricane Sandy, the largest Atlantic hurricane on record, which has devastated portions of the Caribbean, Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States in late October 2012. 100% of all the proceeds generated from the sale of this album will be donated towards two charitable organizations: Doctors Without Borders and The Humane Society. The artists on the release have been hand-picked to showcase the world's top talent in ambient, modern classical, and experimental music. The unprecedented selection features many unreleased pieces composed exclusively for the cause.

http://headphonecommute.bandcamp.com/
By afriendofken
Thanks for the heads up on this, lots of beautiful pieces. I recognise a few of the artists (Netherworld, Helios, Machineabriek and Celar), but there's a whole host of new stuff for me to get into!

Have you heard of the label Glacial Movements? They release stuff that's a lot like some of the more complelety ambient pieces on this.
By philball1974
It seriously is a epic must for any fan of the genre, so many great artists have contributed, i found it through Slaapwel records as Peter Broderick did an album for them. Slaapwel if you dont know make music to go to sleep to!

Not heard of Glacial Movements but for a £5 Flac dl I'll give that album a try. Thanks
By tonyandrewgiles
Again thanks for the heads up @philball.

This is fantastic.
By philball1974
@afriendofken Been enjoying that glacial movements stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.