Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
A lot of you seem to know a lot about new stuff coming out, release dates, new reissues etc but where do you go to find the information?

I see the odd column in places like starburst magazine and record collector but mostly that's old information and I've never seen a magazine that covers anything in any detail!
By Purplemule74
@philball -

Oddly enough, I usually meet with a trench coat wearing man near parking lot space #74 in a basement garage in Phoenix Arizona to find out the latest on vinyl.

He won't tell me his real name, but he goes by "Deep Groove". I of course use my Purplemule handle, just to keep things interesting. He keeps telling me to "follow the money" and that it will lead me to more vinyl releases.

So far it isn't working. I think he maybe is actually a wino because he always asks me for my emergency supply of Night Train when we get together.

When I'm not taking his advice, I usually check out these websites for info on upcoming releases:

Bandcamp

Discogs

...The best place is where you're already at. People on here always seem to know. You may want to sign up for some e-mail alerts from the labels.
By ghostfires
Just follow the labels you care about on Twitter. That's the easiest way to get new info...
By thenuthouse
I like think my column in Starburst is odd, too.
By philball1974
to be honest @thenuthouse my sub expired with the transformer edition and I didn't renew as the mag has gone a bit downhill. Like the massive muppets edition! great if you like muppets, shit if you don't.

Shame cos I've been a subscriber since the day it came back to print.
By Oiche
soundtrack.net is also a handy guide.