Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
http://www.spincleanrecordwasher.com

Does anyone have any real world experience of this device?

I currently clean records using a static brush and some cleaner and am thinking do I need to invest in a better system?

Don't want to spend loads on the fancy machines for £hundreds.

By monsterworship
Spin clean is like $100, but u can get a manual record doctor Vacuum cleaning machine for $200. I know that doesn't help, But i love my record doctor

By NathanLurker
I have not tried any of those but I was also looking for a record cleaning solution last weak. the Spin clean seems to work just fine and it's a lot less expensive. But that Record doctor thing is interesting if you want to clean just 2 or 3 records. You don't have to fill the thing of water like the spinclean.

Is there any other advantage to having the Record doctor ?
By monsterworship
Ideally I think it is probably is best to use a two step process, spin clean for washing and record doctor for vacuuming /deep clean. However I just use the small hand cleaner that Came with RD along with the solution and then use the vacuum to dry. So I only do 1 or 2 records at a time rather than 15-20 at a time for something like the spin clean to not be a hassle.
By jgibbs4053
I just got a spin clean like 2 weeks ago for 40 on some special on Amazon. I have only been able to clean about 20 albums, so I couldn't give an honest option about it. Some other forums I'm part of swear by it.
By static14
Phil it works quite well. I used one for years before moving on to a vcm. My father now uses my old spin clean.

for the price its hard to beat.
By monsterworship
Btw, Spin Clean are made locally here in Pittsburgh by a family owned business, so it's worthy of support .
By BigMeanPunk
I have been using the spin clean for a few weeks now. I think it does a good job. The only thing about it is that you need to do a bunch of records at once to make it worthwhile. I will do 9-20 records at a time. I also do a rinse as well with just distilled water and different brushes. Then the clean records go into new MOFI sleeves.

A couple things I have learned. Spin at a slow steady pace so the water/cleaner solution has a chance to flow around the grooves and back into the basin so you don't get label damage. Sometimes lighter gram records don't roll as well on the rollers so you have to favor one roller over the other when rotating.