Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jdubtxn
Found these at lunch today. Sorry for the terrible pictures. I was thinking about buying these to sell them. I would love to keep them but I already have so much stuff right now. I kind of regret not buying the Exorcist one right now. The prices range from $5-10 and the condition is decent. There is about 20-30 more than the ones in the pictures. I know people collect foreign posters but wasn't sure there was any market for ones from Mexico. What do you think? I doubt I would see anything similar any time soon.

By freshoj
those are very cool. at that price point if I had cash in my pocket, I would have snagged them up (and decided later what do with them!)
By freshoj
(and for the record, I have no idea how collectable they are or aren't - i.e. I have no idea if the prices are especially good, I just like shiny objects I have never seen before...)
By jdubtxn
Yeah, I am the same usually. My house is getting a bit to crowded at the moment. I need to sell some other stuff off. I might go back and grab the 5 most interesting ones and leave it at that.
By teenagegrubworm
I've actually been collecting movie posters for about 30 years, and these look to be lobby card size (11x14 )made for the Spanish market.

Not as desirable as other sizes(1 sheets, British quads, ect) but depending on the film worth a little to the right collector
By jdubtxn
Thanks for the help. Did a bit more research and found the same info. Seems like they are kind of common. I might go grab a couple but not the whole batch.
By Purplemule74
Those are some great posters - if you are in the right community there is a market for those posters. Here in Phoenix, AZ people would definitely be interested in those.
By teenagegrubworm
If you find any from Caperucita y palgarcito contra Los monstrous (little red riding hood and the monsters)that are in good shape I might be interested
By jdubtxn
Only one city away, Tucson. Not sure how I would market these locally. Craigslist is a joke here imo.
By jdubtxn
I will look. I am going back this weekend.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'm not 100%, but I think they may be Mexican actually rather than Spanish (makes sense for sure, locationally!)

I believe this because I bought similar mini posters before, and they are very similar in general style to the ones I have. Might be coincidence though.....I think they're great personally! Thick card, great images, and not full-size posters so you can display more of them around the place/rotate them/they're cheaper to frame!! ;)
By teenagegrubworm
When I said spanish market I was referring to any spanish speaking country as these are rather common and were used in mainly places, but yes I would guess these came out of Mexico
By thenuthouse
Oh, man. These are fantastic. I applaud your restraint.
By Purplemule74
@jdubtxn: If you don't mind sharing where you eye spied these, I wouldn't mind having a look-see after you. Those are dirt cheap for some fun old movie posters IMO.
By Purplemule74
Oh yeah, I agree Craigslist isn't that great in Arizona in general. You might throw them up on E-Bay, but I wouldn't expect you to get mint for them.

By jdubtxn
Copper country. Booth in the far back right. I have dibs on exorcist and The Frogs. I sell records there as well check em out if you are there booth 82#
By antimax
These are great… I probably would have bought most of these at $5-$10 as well. "Frogs" posters/memorabilia always seem to go for pretty high prices, too.
By Purplemule74
@jdubtxn:

Thanks for the info - If I'm down someday soon I'll have to swing by your booth and say hello. I'll just say, "Hey, Jdub!" Hopefully I won't have the police called on me by anyone else that works your booth.