Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
I think we are all in the same place when it comes to our collections, but what about those early days?

I remember the days of just getting into vinyl, i would leave a record on the turntable for days at a time, never clean anything and never worry about setting anything up.

what about you?
By DrRhythm
All the above and I once left an original 10" copy of the first Killing Joke single on the rear shelf of my car for a whole summer with predictable results. I could cry but it made a nice ashtray!
By 4000days
Maybe not a "bad habit", as it was common practice amongst my peers at the time, but I used to DJ a lot of hip-hop/downtempo/drum & bass sets, and it makes me cringe when I think of how much abuse I put the records through. Not the playing/scratching element, but in the rush to get the next record on the deck, I would just toss the prior record aside - more often than not sets would end with piles of records everywhere. Even if they made it back in their sleeves/crates, I still manhandled them. Good thing most of that stuff is pretty worthless now.
By jdubtxn
I used to pass out to a record playing at least once a week. I really needed to get an automatic TT.
By ninjaqutie
[quote=22939]I used to pass out to a record playing at least once a week. I really needed to get an automatic TT. [/quote]

^^^ This! I love knowing mine will go back on it's own- because I am hella guilty of this!!