Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
That's our very own @layneharvey. He posted it a while back in another thread (can't remember which)
By lazyben
Someone else on here was another month too.
By philball1974
Yeah thats why to was so interesting. I hadn't seen his post before.
By ghostfires
I was on there for December.
By djinnocide
What a great write up!

Boy, I'm jealous. Looks like you've got a great collection, Layne.
By Whip Wilson
Nice writeup, ghostfires. Your son is your spitting image! We don't need Maury to determine the paternity there. Also, I completely agree with you on cassettes by the way and the genres that work best with that medium. Chin, chin, old boy.

PS - That's one good looking chair.
By ghostfires
@Mateo - Thank you sir! I'm glad you liked the article. Yeeeah I've heard he looks a little like me. I got very lucky with him.

As for the cassettes - I know there are some people on here that don't like them, and I always see negative comments about them on Instagram when record stores post that they have new tapes in, but to me - tapes aren't a hipster thing at all. They are cheap, they are easy, and a tape player is also cheap. It's a very simple way to listen to music, and it just so happens that the textures created by tape can really add to the pleasure of the listening experience.

That chair is something we found at a goodwill store probably 7 or so years ago, and it just was too cool to leave. Fast foward to present day, and it is sitting in the garage with a shattered leg. It was damaged during our move from Texas to Florida, but one of these days the insurance company will step up and it will be repaired (fingers crossed!).

And of course you brought back happy memories of the '90s for me...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0li-wH3W5Yo[/video]
By Whip Wilson
Holy smokes, that video. On a vaguely related note, I've always thought it would be awesome to have a cassette box of Basinski's Disintegration Loops.
By ghostfires
@Mateo - I need to buy that damn box set before it sells out forever. A tape edition would be very awesome, it certainly would sound even more textured.
By Whip Wilson
Ditto on the box, ghosty. I've put that off for far too long.
By philball1974
They have the vinyl box set with dented boxes on temporary residence website. I did think about getting it but $80 shipping was too much to justify.

Amazing set though.