Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By picnicinthejungle
Hi Everyone,

I learned a lesson this year and it was thinking twice before pressing "pay" when I am completing a purchase.
I placed an order for two copies of Black Devil Doll from Hell with Massacre Video and received one. At $20 a copy plus postage I emailed the label and he replied "sorry, I will send you another one today". Four months later I am still emailing this guy and he replies that he's waiting for someone else to send him a copy so that he can send it to me and says "he claims to have sent it". As he refers to Poisoned Minds.
I have bought 1000s of records online since 2003 and never felt as scammed as this.
My lesson is that I had become too trustworthy of these pop up labels. After this experience I only trust buying from labels that deliver service like the guys that run DW, OWS and WW.
What lessons have you learned lately?

By philball1974
I've learned that http://www.shopradiocast.com have poor customer service and a terrible no refund on items not available policy which has left me having to go to Mastercard to claim the money back.

Apparently if you order from them and they say in stock shipping the next day, but what they really meant was its a pre order and we don't know when its available then its fair game for them to take the funds and refuse a refund!

I guess the real lesson is to be choosy who you shop from, especially when its from another country (the US in this case)
By chandler75
You should maybe just ask for an immediate refund for the missing copy?
By monsterworship
Poisoned Mind & massacre both seem legit, I would bet they aren't really trying intentionally to scam you.

I would just ask for a refund.
By Ptflea2
Ordering Black Devil Doll From Hell was your first mistake. Ordering two?!!? Drop some acid before pressing play, then maybe, just maybe you can enjoy this "film." :)
By Bub
Yeah you should hit up Poisoned Mind. He was very responsive to my questions on Facebook before the record went on sale.
By picnicinthejungle
Wow Phillball that's nuts.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Oh another lesson learned, more in the second hand market. Don't assume a seller who has received $100 or more will pack your ready for international post.
One discogs seller sent a disc sellotaped wedged between two concave corrugated pieces of cardboard.

Do you ask sellers or suggest how you want your records packed before they post it?
By chandler75
What I've learned from buying from Discogs and Amazon is that items described as NM are very rarely NM. Especially when it comes to sleeve condition. Fortunately, most sellers are reasonable when you point this out and will offer a partial refund.
By hncreature
http://www.shopradiocast.com??? - Damn...pre-ordered Raid 2 from them...

Remember Paypal has great buyer protection...sadly too many scammers take advantage of it
By karswell
picnicinthejungle wrote-: Do you ask sellers or suggest how you want your records packed before they post it?

Yep if sellers don't state how they pack (I do) then now I always ask after similar horror experiences.

Also Rasmus is correct about grading and I always ask for more details about scratches/clicks etc and try & avoid sellers who do not play grade.
By hncreature
Low and behold an issue with a discogs order...

Ordered an Lp with obvious description...GATEFOLD...received the non-gatefold version - Expecting gatefold I opened it and found out it wasn't...so here we go with "Well...you opened it" and "Yeah...but you listed it wrong"

Always ask before buying

***UPDATE*** - Seller emailed me back and was very apologetic about their mistake...problem solved
By philball1974
@hncreature, you should cancel it just for fun see if you get this reply

"Sorry no refund just store credit, that is our store policy for pre orders.

Danny"

I got that message for an in stock item. When i queried that it was in stock and on the website it says in stock
Price:$40.99
Release Date:May 20, 2014
Record Label:Music On Vinyl
Gift Wrapping:Options available
Availability:In Stock
Color:
180 Gram Black

i got told
"The 180 gram is actually still a pre order."

and then they ignored any email after that!!

By marko
I must admit when I started using Paypal before eBay took it over (I think) I never thought twice about it. I remember having to post Money Orders to pay for overseas stuff all the time.
I have noticed Paypal has a policy where you as buyer can dispute a purchase after paying for it for 45 days or something. Correct me if I am wrong.
A purchase I made over ebay resulted in the records never turning up. After 30 days he said he would post them again, nothing, by that time 45 days had passed and I had still nothing. Thankfully this is an isolated case and I realise buying online from overseas sellers is risky especially when you factor in postal systems.
If you have a choice, do you opt for super expensive postage with tracking and delivery within 3-5 days?
By chandler75
[quote=21965]If you have a choice, do you opt for super expensive postage with tracking and delivery within 3-5 days?[/quote]
Not unless it's a $100+ item.

I have never, ever (knock-on-wood) experienced that a vinyl did not turn up, even though it's sent unregistered.