Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ninjaqutie
At one of my local stores, two people got in line at 10 pm the night before!! Crazy assed people. I got in line at 5:30 at mine and I was 6th in line. The other people got in line around 4 or so.
By reddye6
I did get Monster Skies -- I bit the bullet and bought the four new FK releases from the label when they came out. I quite enjoyed it. It's a pretty eclectic mix, but I thought it all worked well together. I definitely think it's worth picking up.
By ghostfires
Not really sure where to go to complain about this or if anyone even cares...maybe Spencer would know someone that is interested in these kinds of things. I found a brick and mortar store that participated in RSD, and is now gouging RSD releases on Amazon. They're not offering the items on their actual website, but they go by the same name on Amazon and have jacked up pricing on all the RSD titles they have for sale.

Like I said - not sure if anyone cares, or if that's even in violation of whatever agreement stands for stores that participate in RSD, but as a potential customer that will shop for vinyl one day in Fort Lauderdale, I most certainly will not ever visit their shop due to practices like that.
By ghostfires
I've never heard of that guy before, but good for him for saying enough is enough.
By monsterworship
Ghostfires, you never heard of Paul Weller? Singer from The Jam, Style Council and a prolific solo career. Good stuff.
By dumaisaudio
Ghostfires - which store in Ft Lauderdale is doing this? I have family there and always hit up the local stores around the area. There is one big one I can think of, but I can't imagine they'd be doing this.
By Garmonbozia
I wrote about this in another thread, but this seems relevant here, too. Last year, a store I went to called Zion's Gate in Seattle were checking Ebay prices the day of Record Store Day and selling the records to match whatever the highest price on Ebay was at the time. Like, blatantly right in front of me. It's been a year and I still can't fucking believe that shit.
By ghostfires
@monsterworship - no I haven't, but the most likely reason why I've never heard of him is found in your first sentence... You said he's a singer. I almost never ever follow or pay attention to any singers, ESPECIALLY any that fall under the classic singer/songwriter style. Ever since childhood, I've almost never liked songs that focused on the vocals/words over the musical theme/style. One of the reason I love soundtracks so much - they never let vocalists get in the way!
By devilwidget
Wait a minute Ghostfires... you've never heard of Weller because he's a singer? Does that mean... you've never heard of Bono either? I would give up my entire record collection to have never heard of Bono. I want to live where you live...

By devilwidget
he's sort of a musical Anders Breivik. But far worse.
By Oiche
Terminator 2 cost me £13.99 at moon unit and I feel a complete idiot for paying that now. Compare that with Death waltz package which is bloody superb value. What did others pay for T2? ...and anything else over the odds?
By ghostfires
Hah yes unfortunately I've heard of Bono. I did grow up in the 80s and 90s!

My point wasn't that I ensure that I know nothing about singers in general - but typically I know nothing of them. I try to keep it that way. I've listened to enough over the years to know I don't like it. I think I went into all this last year in greater detail in a discussion as to why do you listen to soundtracks, but my main point is - I don't like people telling me how to feel or think through their words/lyrics/mood in a song. I enjoy mostly instrumental music because I determine how I listen to it and when and why and what mood it invokes. Words in a song instantly determine what mood you need to be in when you listen to a song, 99% of the time at least. If the song is about breaking up - you'll most likely listen when you're sad. If the song is about partying, you probably won't listen when you're studying or reading. If the music is about sex, you'll probably not put it on when your parents are in the car.

With all that said - I still have absolutely no idea who that guy is, not one band name that was thrown out is recognizable to me, but again - if it's rock or indie rock or pop rock or folk rock, I most likely wouldn't be into it at all so I just probably ignored it if I've ever come across it in the past during musical searches.

I understand my listening habits are weird, I can't help it. That's just how I get down!
By monsterworship
I paid $70 for the spaceman 3 "box" which is just the first 3 singles 12"s. I already had one of the three and it's no different but the date. 40-50 is more appropriate.
By Whip Wilson
Music on Vinyl released the first three long out of print Placebo (Belgian Jazz group from the 1970s) LPs and as usual for MOV the prices here stateside varied wildly. My buddy picked one up for me at a local and it cost $38 (not unheard of for an import), but then when BullMoose (a bit infamous for their poor import pricing) put their RSD leftovers on sale Sunday, it was only $24! Fuck me. On the upside, I scored the other two from them at the cheaper rate. King Kong 7" was too expensive for me to pull the trigger on and none of my friends even saw Ghostbusters or Terminator.
By Buggenhagen
The three Placebo LP's cost me £18.99 each here in Glasgow which works out at around $32 a pop I think. I was quite happy to pay that for them (though $24 would've been much nicer). The varying price thing does piss me off a bit with RSD, along with a few other issues. I don't feel I've been stung ever but I've heard some real horror stories from other people about wildly inflated prices in stores.
By Whip Wilson
Yep, I didn't feel like I overpaid until I found a way better deal. I paid close to $40 for all of the MOV Faith No More reissues and, until recently, had never seen Herrmann's Taxi Driver below $38. I believe that with MOV and some other companies, a lot of smaller stores get the product after a middle man or two gets their cut and some larger sellers get better deals by purchasing larger quantities direct from the source. But, hey, Ball of Eyes doesn't care what I paid for it. It the same amount of cool all the time.
By fanboy
I was able to pick up a Ghostbusters 10" on eBay for a "reasonable" price. And I picked up Far Cry 3 on Amazon for $45. Hopefully the prices will start coming down now that sellers will be holding them longer and trying to undercut each other.