Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
@ghostfires
this is my last word on this
I have always said i do not agree with the random variant sale , it has never sat well with me and here is why...

I wasn't showing off multiple copies of LHOTF I own a gatefold version and a pic disc, again Seb sent me the pic disc as a gift, normaly if I get two of something I'll will give to my girl , it wasn't long ago I got rid of my black copy of the Beyond for the price of shipping...

Also I wasn't attacking WW Creepshow release I was bringing up a wider issue.
For most of my release i release a sub, a variant and standard store copy again when I was allowed to repress the Fog and Maniac I had to do them on other colours otherwise folks that purchased the original versions would had been (rightly) pissed off. I know you support the label and honesty there are not that many that buy two copies of everything we release to be honest.
Like I said going forward we are going to change things up and hopefully variant bells and whistles fans will be happy and folks that just wanna buy the records will be happy, irocincally I would happily just press black for record stores but they all tell me they like the clear or solid and so do their customers.
There is no wrong or right in this argument I just wanted to open the discussion up.

By strangedisc
Jesus!! That is insane. Kind of making me rething randomly inserting the Surf Nazis variant. I wanted to do it that way because I want it to be a bonus to the lucky ones who get it, as apposed to it being the ONLY reason people are buying the record. I'm doing this record because I love the movie, not to make a million bucks. I also want everyone who wants one to get one. Makes me not want to do a variant at all, shit!!
By antimax
it IS insane… I'm with you strange disc, I think it's just a fun bonus surprise, take a chance, etc. I guess people just love "limited" stuff. At record store day I told a couple people that some releases in their hands weren't limited (because they asked me) and they put them back, haha. Weird.
By toosoonjunior
I'm one of those folks that doesn't get too worked up over variants. I always likened it to waving a shiny object in front of people for the "ooooohh, aaaaahhh" factor. I get it though, variants typically look neat and are sometimes exclusive, but really I'm into more these records for the music. I primarily listen to these records while I work, I don't generally sit by my record player staring at the cool colors go round and round.

Anywho, just my slightly snarky $0.02 :)
By toosoonjunior
Oh, and Strange Disc, definitely looking forward to your Surf Nazis release!
By Garmonbozia
Strangedisc, when is that Surf Nazis due out anyway?
By strangedisc
@Garmonbozia It's looking like it will be out towards the end of June. We will have an official release date very soon!
By hncreature
@strangedisc - I like the idea of the randomly inserted variant while letting people know if you order two it will not guarantee you will get a variant and what about leaving the number pressed out of the equation to keep the flippers guessing?

The thing with the Mondo variants is that they got people got into a groove of "If I buy two I'll get a variant"...I am totally guilty here and while I really like both soundtracks I am hoping to get a variant by buying both of the new releases

...and I'm really stoked for the Surf Nazis too
By strangedisc
@hncreature, I was thinking of that actually. Seems like it might be the best solution. Glad you're stoked for the record, I've been working hard getting this thing just right!! Can't wait for it to finally drop.