Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:08 am I loved RE3R, having never done a complete playthrough of the original I wasn't noticing the missing parts. And since it was so short, it's actually the first that made me want to complete all trophies on PlayStation, cause I loved it and wanted to spend more time playing it. So I Played inferno mode and all. Then I went back to RE2R to do the same ( I had only done one standard Leon playthrough, and one Claire 2nd run playthrough before). Did it for RE7&8 too (RE7 had some really tough DLCs) and these ones with the winters family became a bigger thing than just a game to me, I played them a lot during the pandemic and my girlfriend watched me play all of them and we used to randomly say quotes to each other all the time. Like she'd ask what I want to eat and I'd ask for Ciorba de Legume, which is what "Mia" is cooking at the beginning of 8. And we'd quote and do the voice of the Duke a lot. We would imitate the voice from Lucas (RE7) a lot.

Once, for my birthday she hired the voice actor of the Duke on cameo to send me a a message where he made the Duke's voice and called me John Ethan. My real name is Jonathan even though I go by Nathan online, and RE8's protagonist is named Ethan, so me and my girlfriend we got me that nickname when I play the game. JonEthan.

Love those games.
That's awesome! My wife used to watch play through's of certain games. She loved watching me play the first Dead Space.

I actually really love RE7 and 8 quite a bit, I think RE8 is one of the series best. I haven't played the DLC's for either 7 or 8 though, I probably should. I think the house section of RE7 is perfect, it's so creepy and was a return to form after the mess of 6. I didn't love the back half of the game, it lost the tension of the first half but it's not bad, it just wasn't' as good as the section before.
By inksb
My brother coerced me into buying Diablo 4. 5 days later I'm approaching story completion and absolutely loving the game. Currently playing as a Druid. @tex did you pick it up?

I've also been playing Street Fighter 6 which I absolutely love as well. It's one of the best fighting games I've played. As a die hard Street Fighter fan it's awesome to see them bounce back from the misfire that part 5 was. Really looking forward to seeing where 6 goes over the next 5-8 years. I'm currently maining Marisa, the big spartan grappler lady. She's very fun and not my usual style of character that I go with (Guile is usually my go to)

@bez how is that board game? You said you're playing solo is that the intended use of that game or is it also a multiplayer game?
Nice. I did cave and bought the standard edition. I don't understand what a battle pass is, or a premium battle pass, or why people would pay $20 for cosmetic horse armor or whatever.

I think they nailed the art design/visual feel and color palette. The sound effects and music are also really good. I don't love the view they chose- it feels too zoomed in. I'd like to be able to zoom out a couple more notches. The monsters seem to be auto scaled to your character level which is just stupid and terrible design. I'm also not sold on the skill trees and drop system, but I haven't had a ton of time to play so far. I think I'm only at level 25. I'm having fun with it.
inksb wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:42 pm My brother coerced me into buying Diablo 4. 5 days later I'm approaching story completion and absolutely loving the game. Currently playing as a Druid. @tex did you pick it up?

I've also been playing Street Fighter 6 which I absolutely love as well. It's one of the best fighting games I've played. As a die hard Street Fighter fan it's awesome to see them bounce back from the misfire that part 5 was. Really looking forward to seeing where 6 goes over the next 5-8 years. I'm currently maining Marisa, the big spartan grappler lady. She's very fun and not my usual style of character that I go with (Guile is usually my go to)

@bez how is that board game? You said you're playing solo is that the intended use of that game or is it also a multiplayer game?
It is really good. It is a multiplayer game (up to 6 or 8 players I believe). But it has an excellent solo mode. And if you are with 2 (or more) players you can add the mechanics for the solo mode to create players 3 to 6. Works really well.
By inksb
Battle passes are designed to keep engagement in a game as well as generate extra money for the developer. Basically you are given X amount of time to complete all the challenges in the pass (this varies from game to game). If you complete everything you unlock usually dumb shit like cosmetics, titles, skins, etc. Most of the time these unlocks are exclusive to that pass or locked behind a year long wait. Some games are really predatory with this and will lock very specific things behind these things (like characters). They are usually used in Free to Play games like Fortnite and Apex Legends but they have been seeping their way into full priced games like Call of Duty, Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4.

I generally don't engage with that aspect if it's in a game but I have only played a few things that even have them.

I'm completely new to Diablo and the level scaling thing seems very stupid, it makes progression feel less important. I revisited an area last night looking for Lilith alters and the monsters were fucking me up, I'm at lvl 40 and these things didn't even bother me in the teens why are they harder now. Also agree that we should be able to zoom out a little more. I bet some one will mod that in as it obviously exists they zoom out for story beats and certain transitions.