Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By StrangeVices
Damn that looks great. I need that new Bruno Nicolai one. Artwork is so sick and it has that Case of the Scorpion's Tail track my record player needs. Great job!
By gilsteph
Really nice!!! Easy to deal with too....ordered!
By Cineploit
New Releases finally coming May 5th!!!

Cine 08 THELEMA - Growing LP (180g solid black Vinyl, poly lined Innersleeves)

Cine 09 RASHOMON - The Cameraman´s Revenge LP/DVD (180g solid black Vinyl plus 2 movies with Rashomon´s music to it on DVD)

By bansel
awesome, I'm looking forward to these!! by the way, that video clip for Rashomon-The Cameraman's Revenge, is one of the most bizarre/disturbing things I have ever seen. That will give me nightmares more than any horror movie.
By RougeGorge
I hope we can preorder them as usual.
By Whip Wilson
I love this god damn label.
By antimax
Well... This stuff looks great. Love me some Stareweicz! :)
By ghostfires
That Rashomon video was unbelievably great. Wow, and the music too...it was perfect.
By Cineploit
thanks gentleman for your positive reactions! We love to hear this. Here some more background info on Rashomon and the release "The Cameraman´s Revenge"!

RASHOMON is the solo project of Matt Thompson, bassist and keyboardist of Cineploit artists ZOLTAN and cosmic synth act CREMATOR.
“The Cameraman´s Revenge” is the 4th release under the Rashomon name, and the first on Cineploit. The earlier Rashomon albums were a mix of experimental pieces and music influenced by film composers, and with time the music has developed in a purely cinematic direction.
The music on “The Cameraman´s Revenge” was composed as two long soundtrack pieces to accompany silent movies by Russian filmmaker Ladislaw Starewicz. “The Cameraman´s Revenge” itself is an early Surrealist masterpiece from 1912, in which Starewicz animated the corpses of dead insects to tell a tale of infidelity and revenge. The soundtrack is a carnival-esque tour-de-force of folk-concrete, utilising harmoniums, jawharps, vintage synthesisers, an array of oddball percussion and more.
“The Mascot” (1933) is a bizarre and disturbing film for children, and Rashomon’s soundtrack reflects this darkness with shifting drones, ominously melodic waltzes and minimalist organ fugues over the course of its 25 minute length.
On the DVD that comes with the Vinyl both films are featured, accompanied by Rashomon´s music.
By Cineploit
Thelema "Growing" and Rashomon "The Cameraman´s Revenge" are out for some weeks now - if you havent preordered place your order now!

All US distributors should receive their first order in these days so hope you guys can fall deep inside those great pieces of music!

Rashomon (Cine 09) LP/DVD Set

Thelema (Cine 08) LP

By ghostfires
I can't wait to get these two new releases! Cineploit is just an awesome label, where every single release has been great. I own all of the release except Cineploit 01 and 02 (damn shame I don't have those either)...and they are all such great records.

Thank you for the update, and please keep the awesome music coming!
By Whip Wilson
Hear, hear. Really looking forward to these releases arriving Stateside.
By Voodoo_Jim
All of the previous releases have been gorgeous, especially the homage records - really eye catching when displayed - as well as well-produced.
By Spun out of control
Agreed on the great sounding production values of the 'homage' records... I'd argue that the yellow and red splatter Orgasmo Sonore Bruno Nicolai vinyl sounds better (and certainly brighter) than the originals, while the added sound effect samples add a touch of drama and humour... recommended.
By toosoonjunior
Where do you US folks typically pick up these Cineploit releases?
By reddye6
I usually get them from www.dustygroove.com
By toosoonjunior
Never mind, Dusty Groove looks like a good spot to pick these up. :)
By ninjaqutie
I'll have to look into you. :) These are all new to me.
By Voodoo_Jim
I order direct from the label and pick up copies for resale at horror cons - the Exploit series has gorgeous color to the vinyl. AJNA usually has a couple of their releases in stock http://www.theajnaoffensive.com/
By jgibbs4053
Just read this on Facebook: "Dear cinematic Listener,

ZOLTAN will release an 12" EP dedicated to the Blind Dead movies from Amando d´Ossorio on Rise Above Records. Mid August this nice Tribute will see the day of light and of course you can also order it via Cineploit. We will keep you updated here and on FB when it is ready to ship, in the meantime the art of the sleeve."

By Spun out of control
@Cineploit
@Orgasmo Sonore

Any chance of you guys working on a repress of ORGASMO SONORE – Revisiting Obscure Film Music Vol. 1....?

The first was rather limited I understand and now seems impossible to track down on vinyl.

Thanks.
By Voodoo_Jim
They have just made my day with this one!
By Cineploit
News from Cineploit - Releasedate September 8th!

LUIGI PORTO - Scimmie (Cine 10)

It is a great honor and pleasure to finally announce the release of the first soundtrack on Cineploit by Italian artist LUIGI PORTO !

September 8th LUIGI PORTO´s score for ROMANO SCAVOLINI´s upcoming film „L´Apocalisse delle Scimmie“ will be released under the title "Scimmie" (Cine 10).There will be 250 copies as an LP/CD Set, 250 LP only and 500 copies as a Digi CD.

Luigi Porto is an Italian musician and composer. He released some experimental songwriting albums with his former solo project Appleyard College, and with the Italian band Maisie. He is a resident composer in a contemporary opera company based in New York City.

With a background in visual arts, he works also as a sound designer in films and theatre performances. SCIMMIE, his first release under his own name, is a soundtrack to an unreleased experimental movie.

In his own words:

"SCIMMIE is a musical conversation that flows parallel to the film by Romano Scavolini. These were the agreements. When we met, he told me "I don't want film music. You have to create a sort of "pain symphony", something that continues even if the film stops, a music that doesn't care".

The work, divided in three volumes, like the film, was conceived in years in several cities, while from time to time I was moving for work reasons. I wanted to collect contrasting experiences, put them in line without seeking for harmony, instead releasing many individual energies, make them explode and implode - simply suggesting a direction. I used many composition techniques to do this, from classical 4 voices writing to sampling, to overdub, to psychedelic improvisation. I wanted to let this music emerge and sink between various identities, without being afraid of making a faux paus - instead trying to speak languages that are foreigners to everybody. even through the various guests, conceived as "representatives". It is a political vision. Contradiction, schizophreny, I wanted to ride them, ritualize them, show them. Not a contamination, but a struggle, a fight.

I try to compose and, once written and recorded, handling the tracks as found objects, with continuous elevations and debasements - a total "shuffling the cards" (even Romano in the meanwhile was doing it with the film, editing the episodes and then shuffling them). Hiding the work of writing sometimes, and sometimes instead showing it naked, make it emerge. Writing straight, recording, letting it settle until the emotional detachment and then mistreating the material, improvising upon it, sometimes leaving everything to randomness to find new paths. This, for me, is a method and a liturgy. "

ROMANO SCAVOLINI is probably known best for his movies „Un Bianco Vestito per Mariale“ (aka „Spirits of Death“), „Dog Tags – Platoon to hell“, „Savage Hunt“ or „Nightmare“.