Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Notefornote posted on FB an update on what it's working on:

* Our 50% off spring cleaning sale is going well. Sale ends 5/3/2023. Anything currently in stock in the store, downloads or physical LP or CD, is on sale and will be discounted at checkout. Check it out. http://bitly.ws/DCpN

* Our next vinyl release will be the Rocky IV - The Symphonic Rock Suite EP. Customers will get either red, white or blue colored vinyl. A few of them will be red, white and blue combined. The plant is telling us test pressings arrive late May. If all goes well we will be getting actual product in June or July. Vince DiCola has nicely agreed to sign all the copies we are offering so everybody who buys one will get an autographed jacket. More info to come.

* In collaboration with a good friend of ours, we will be helping their label sell/distribute a classic 1980s horror/revenge/action movie soundtrack that has never seen the light of day on CD. This will be announced in the coming weeks. It's a title we chased after for months only to find out somebody got the rights. Now we get to help them release it to the world!

* We worked out a deal with Mondo to give them an exclusive of a release long in the planning stages. Not ready to announce what that is until I know where we are at on the colors and test pressings but it's a really cool, cult horror film from Japan that I've loved since I saw it so many years ago. We've gotten to know the acclaimed director of this particular movie and he's become a really good friend. He's currently helping us go after some interesting scores to other Japanese horror/sci fi and cult films. We will announce things here as they unfold.

Some goings on at Notefornote:

* Not too long ago, we signed a deal to release music from the Snuff Garrett catalog. Titles that will eventually be released include various hit country acts he produced for his and Clint Eastwood's label, Viva along with soundtracks to Any Which Way You Can, Sharky's Machine, Honkytonk Man and some surprises that have never been released on CD (and we will be reissuing them on LP).

* Upcoming hints at other releases include:
An LP of a 1980s cult horror movie score by a famous horror movie composer. (Current status is waiting on art and a master but we have the music in hand it's being prepped as I type)
A 1980s action film featuring a well known character from comic books. First time ever released on Vinyl. A CD reissue will be offered as well.
A vinyl re-recording album of a score from a famous video game series. Unsure when we will have that ready but hoping to announce by end of year.
A vinyl reissue of a classic score from a Vincent Price movie.
First time ever LP release of a score to a 1980s horror movie composed by a famous and beloved film composer. Might be an exclusive somewhere and for that I cannot name it here until the deal is done. More info will be disclosed as we know more.
By NathanLurker
I will need to pay attention to some of this. Vincent Price, Japanese cult sci-fi horror, 80's horror and action .. Thanks Reddye6.
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:58 pm I will need to pay attention to some of this. Vincent Price, Japanese cult sci-fi horror, 80's horror and action .. Thanks Reddye6.
You're welcome! I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that they are looking to release scores to early Kiyoshi Kurosawa films.
By ScoJo
reddye6 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:03 pm
I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that they are looking to release scores to early Kiyoshi Kurosawa films.
My first thought too!
By Hatter313
Hmmmmm. Yes this all seems worth keeping an eye on for sure