Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Heyo -

I have been so excited recently to finally acquire beautiful copies of both 10 to Midnight and Revenge of the Ninja, both on my wants list for a good long while.

So it got me thinking about my favourite Cannon film soundtrack albums - and wondering if there is some gold I'm missing out on? As a starting point here are my favourites that I actually own, but I'd love to hear what everyone else's faves are and as I say, especially if I'm missing out!

DEATH WISH II
10 TO MIDNIGHT
INVASION USA
REVENGE OF THE NINJA
YOUNG WARRIORS
LIFEFORCE
RUNAWAY TRAIN
COBRA
INVADERS FROM MARS
DOWN TWISTED
TOUGH GUYS DON'T DANCE
POWAQQATSI
SHY PEOPLE
HAUNTED SUMMER
By inksb
Taking a quick look at their films I'd say the following are worth checking out

Morricone - Sahara
Donaggio - Hercules
David Spear - Exterminator 2 (CD only)
Jay Chattaway - Missing In Action 1 & 2 (CD Only)
Hard Rock Zombies
Alan Silvestri - Delta Force
Gary Chang - Fire Walker (this is good and usually cheap)
Kevin Bassinson – Cyborg (CD Only)
Paul Hertzog - Bloodsport
By ScoJo
Nice! Well leaving aside those CD only inclusions (makes derisive spitting sound) there’s definitely a few there I’m keen to check out the albums/current availability/cost. I’m actually a big fan of Gary Chang’s stuff so very interested to hear Firewalker (not to mention I’ve been ploughing through hitherto unwatched Chuck flicks thanks to the Action Boyz podcast… still not caught that one yet though)

There’s def a Missing in Action lp I think, as it’s on my list already. Milan, maybe? (EDIT: nope, just checked - I imagined it) I am already on the lookout for Delta Force. Shame that I don’t think any Death Wish score beyond Pt 2 got a vinyl release, though maybe I’m wrong about that?

Was the Waxwork Bloodsport it’s first release? I feel like there was an OG release of that one too, back in the day maybe? (Sought after, pricey?) Again, probably wrong.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:29 pm Was the Waxwork Bloodsport it’s first release? I feel like there was an OG release of that one too, back in the day maybe? (Sought after, pricey?) Again, probably wrong.
I believe there's a Silva Screen original pressing of Bloodsport?
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:45 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:29 pm Was the Waxwork Bloodsport it’s first release? I feel like there was an OG release of that one too, back in the day maybe? (Sought after, pricey?) Again, probably wrong.
I believe there's a Silva Screen original pressing of Bloodsport?
Yes, just found it - decent copies do indeed go for bucks though :(
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:00 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:54 am Very interesting! But which Cannon are we talking about? Only produced by? And also Globus?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cannon_Group,_Inc.

Schizoid’s only release is one track on The Deepest Cuts Vol 1 ;)
How about Link? That one for sure is on vinyl :-)

I have the Japanese Delta Force LP though. Love it!
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:21 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:54 am Very interesting! But which Cannon are we talking about? Only produced by? And also Globus?

I love Link! Though (to be an irritating nerd sorry) it’s one that i don’t consider a true Canon film since it’s not a Golan-Globus production, it was just distributed by Canon Inc. Theoretically everything I listed was a true Canon production to my knowledge though I could well be wrong ;)

I’m very envious of that Japanese Delta Force!

A big one that i really want, which has always eluded me, is the original TCM 2 soundtrack. Hard to find decent copies that aren’t overpriced.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:22 am

I love Link! Though (to be an irritating nerd sorry) it’s one that i don’t consider a true Canon film since it’s not a Golan-Globus production, it was just distributed by Canon Inc. Theoretically everything I listed was a true Canon production to my knowledge though I could well be wrong ;)

A big one that i really want, which has always eluded me, is the original TCM 2 soundtrack. Hard to find decent copies that aren’t overpriced.
You are right of course regarding the produced by VS distributed by...
I should check what I have and make a list of everything. I love making lists :-)
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:38 pm Masters of The Universe
Excellent shout. I had a quick squint at copies on the cogs…. then very swiftly hiked up my skirt and scurried away, clutching my pearls! $$$$
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:38 pm i know the note for note from a few years back fetches some coin, but is the Varese expensive?
I’m only interested in OG releases, no reissues or cds for my thank you ;)
By inksb
To be fair the Varese is shortened affair so if you like the score you kind of need both that and the Note For Note which is complete. Also I think there was a German Coliseum release that's identical to the Varese but it seems to be the same price???
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:00 pm To be fair the Varese is shortened affair so if you like the score you kind of need both that and the Note For Note which is complete. Also I think there was a German Coliseum release that's identical to the Varese but it seems to be the same price???
Yeah, I’d wrongly assumed it might be a pretty reasonable get but no joy. Bloody hot IP/fan base! Ggrrrr.
By Bezulsqy

TCM2: do you mean the one with the songs? That seems pretty available…
EU press: https://www.discogs.com/release/2956951 ... on-Picture
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:36 pm

Yeah… with shipping and tax Id be looking at £70. It used to be a £10 album not that long ago, would see it everywhere here in UK :-/
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:41 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:36 pm

Yeah… with shipping and tax Id be looking at £70. It used to be a £10 album not that long ago, would see it everywhere here in UK :-/

It's funny because the prices have dropped on this since the Waxworks release came out even though they are entirely different things. I want to buy this one just for the jacket and put the waxworks release in it lol but I would only do that if I could get it for $10-15
By ScoJo
Latest arrival, amazed nobody mentioned this Canon classic!

Seriously though…. terrific score on Varese by the Bernstein kid with conducting by his legendary pops, for the Bo Derek skin flick that many an 80s teen knows alllll to well ;) She was not a shy lady!!

6E462CF6-9456-4257-A300-0CFD93F60719.jpeg
6E462CF6-9456-4257-A300-0CFD93F60719.jpeg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 495 times
By ScoJo
Bub wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:17 pm Bolero was on last night. Somehow I've never seen it in when I was younger or just caught parts but knew of it's "content". I saw the last 10 mins or so & yeah, I definitely would've been all about it haha.

King Solomon's Mines by Goldsmith is a good one that can be had for a few bucks.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2773716 ... Soundtrack
Haha what funny timing! The album is an ok listen, though quite schmaltzy and has a few too many old timey type tunes (ie Scottish folk style!)

That Goldsmith is an excellent shout!

Let’s keep the Canon thread chooching….