Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
Thanks I’m happy with them. Leviathan is a major one for me also. Another incredible Goldsmith score and I didn’t realize how much I love this cover art until I physically held the record
By inksb
I know it's not VS but it falls in the wheelhouse. I just got a killer deal on an OG copy of H3. So damn excited because the prices have just been out of hand lately on that.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:00 pm I know it's not VS but it falls in the wheelhouse. I just got a killer deal on an OG copy of H3. So damn excited because the prices have just been out of hand lately on that.
I’ve been trying! Well done!
By inksb
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have broken double digits with sellers incorrectly listing Jay Fergusons score to NoES5. It's always the Music From record and not the actual score. I've actually had two in the last 48 hours. I feel like I'm never going to get this record.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:22 am Just wanted to let everyone know that I have broken double digits with sellers incorrectly listing Jay Fergusons score to NoES5. It's always the Music From record and not the actual score. I've actually had two in the last 48 hours. I feel like I'm never going to get this record.
Dude I don’t trust a single listing for that because of your experience. If I don’t see it in person I assume it’s mislisted.
By deafmetal
I have not picked up a old VS album for a long time, so it was great to be able to grab these three from a collector in Japan. They are all in nice condition. I enjoyed removing the old shrink wrap from Deadly Friend, so very satisfying. The oversized textured sleeve on Martin is just lovely. There is nothing like those old sleeves.

I also spied a subtle vamp-razorblade design from the film poster printed in black-on-black similar to the one in red on the vinyl labels that is almost hidden on the cover. Love stuff like this:

By Bub
Awesome spread, Deaf! Mine doesn't have it either. Looks like a new Discogs entry might be in order ;)

Here's my latest catch. Kept Clash of the Titans in the pic as they were all from that Ebay seller we've seen lately. It's a shame they arrived with a dinged corner especially after it appears that they were so well kept for decades.
Attachments
20211030_151831_resize_56.jpg
20211030_151831_resize_56.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 2236 times
By deafmetal
EvanCampbell wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:25 pm I checked the runouts and jackets on both Martin and they are absolutely identical accept that image. 🤔
I assume both the vinyl labels have it printed in red though? What a fun mystery... what.does.it.mean? :)

@Bub - nice ones, I would like to get a copy of Mad Max some day. Also, sadly, it almost seems like USPS will crush corners in standard LP mailers now on purpose.
By CrossedPete
Nice score @deaf. I still need to get a copy of Martin but those other two are both great congrats.

Same goes to you @bub I really like the cover for Clash of the Titans it’s pretty sweet.

Hey @evan do both copies of Martin have a textured cover? Could that be the difference?
By ScoJo
With all the Martin talk, thought I would share this UNBELIEVABLY EXCITING news!! Fingers crossed guys, this would be immense if it happens. (btw ‘Ronald Gorewood’ is cinematographer Michael Gornick!)

85FB1DA9-AD42-4F2A-8A2A-6D2EF8358BB8.png
85FB1DA9-AD42-4F2A-8A2A-6D2EF8358BB8.png (603.16 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:42 am With all the Martin talk, thought I would share this UNBELIEVABLY EXCITING news!! Fingers crossed guys, this would be immense if it happens. (btw ‘Ronald Gorewood’ is cinematographer Michael Gornick!)

85FB1DA9-AD42-4F2A-8A2A-6D2EF8358BB8.png
And with only 6% battery life left!
By inksb
My list of VS pressings that I really want is dwindling. I just recently snagged a Universal Soldier which I didn't think I was going to be able to find at a good price.

A few big ones I have had a hard time finding copies of are A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 and 6, copies seem to be harder and harder to come by and the prices are upwards $100+. Added to that both scores have soundtrack counterparts that people mistake for the score and try to sell them as that.

Still hunting for a good price on Re-Animator. I had a person on ebay that I was negotiating with who just backed out at the last minute.

The Evil Dead seems completely unreasonable, I was chatting with @Hatter about the absurd prices lately. I've seen a few listed for $400+