Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:33 pm Huzzah a deal was made. The shipping almost killed the deal but I was able to find a couple other things the seller had that I felt were under valued and drove my average down quite a bit. Cheaper even then just buying the two I originally put an offer on. So I’m pretty pumped. I spent a little more upfront than what I wanted but I think it was worth it :)
nice! what did you snag?
By CrossedPete
For VS an og Christine and Flesh for Frankenstein and a Milan copy of Mad Max and Colors (which I’m probably over paying for now but it sure did drive the price down on the other 3

Once I have Christine In my possession I’m only missing two Carpenter OGs Prince of Darkness and They Live. So if anyone has any leads let me know. :)
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:33 pm Huzzah a deal was made. The shipping almost killed the deal but I was able to find a couple other things the seller had that I felt were under valued and drove my average down quite a bit. Cheaper even then just buying the two I originally put an offer on. So I’m pretty pumped. I spent a little more upfront than what I wanted but I think it was worth it :)
Excited to see what you grabbed
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:49 pm For VS an og Christine and Flesh for Frankenstein and a Milan copy of Mad Max and Colors (which I’m probably over paying for now but it sure did drive the price down on the other 3

Once I have Christine In my possession I’m only missing two Carpenter OGs Prince of Darkness and They Live. So if anyone has any leads let me know. :)
Christine always seems super elusive to me, i don't know why, great pull!

I just lost an auction for They Live that i almost had for like 65 but got sniped at the last second, it went for 74 and i feel like i could have pushed it but i let it go.

For vintage Carpenter OG I need H2, H3, They Live, Christine, POD, The Fog, (and The Thing if we are counting that)

So far i only have H1, Dark Star, Big Trouble, and the german Escape, although I also want the VS eventually but its not a priority right now (and Starman if we are counting that)

I guess there was an earlier pressing of Assault, but i have the DW and its not like the earlier one is really a vintage pressing. and as far as recent pressing like the VS LA and all the mondo/DW/Waxwork/SB stuff i'm well and truly stocked with lol. Will try to pick up the village of the damned pressing for RSD since i passed on importing, and i still need ghosts of mars.

Also can someone PLEASE get us body bags and mouth of madness on wax...
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 pm
I just lost an auction for They Live that i almost had for like 65 but got sniped at the last second, it went for 74 and i feel like i could have pushed it but i let it go.
This wasn't the copy that recently sold on ebay was it? The one where some one colored in the eyes white and gave him googlely eyes? There was no mention of the jacket being drawn on but the image kept looking off and when I looked at a pic of it on discogs I realized it was the eyes.
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 pm Also can someone PLEASE get us body bags and mouth of madness on wax...
I really want to know what the hold up is here? These should already be on wax and I can't believe it hasn't happened. Let's add Vampires to that as well because it's kind of a fun soundtrack and we need it to complete the collection
By inksb
Any one feeling like dropping some cash a seller on discogs, antiquevault2016, just listed a bunch of VS records

NOES - 250
NOES2 - 100
NOES3 - 100
Creepshow - 80
The Howling - 70
POD - 75
Robocop - 50
Near Dark - 115
Halloween 2 - 150
Dawn of the Dead - 110
Masters of the Universe - 70
By Bub
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:40 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 pm
This wasn't the copy that recently sold on ebay was it? The one where some one colored in the eyes white and gave him googlely eyes? There was no mention of the jacket being drawn on but the image kept looking off and when I looked at a pic of it on discogs I realized it was the eyes.
I had to look & I'm so glad I did. Someone dropped $115 on this.

This is an original in very good condition aside from some light wear on the spine of the jacket
s-l1600.jpeg
s-l1600.jpeg (215.28 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
Last edited by Bub on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Bub
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:49 pm For VS an og Christine and Flesh for Frankenstein and a Milan copy of Mad Max and Colors (which I’m probably over paying for now but it sure did drive the price down on the other 3

Congrats Pete! As long as the math works out in your favor in your head, it's worth it. And I hear ya on shipping. Great deals to be had abroad but once that shipping is calculated, oooft.

Hatter313 wrote:

Christine always seems super elusive to me, i don't know why, great pull!

For vintage Carpenter OG I need H2, H3, They Live, Christine, POD, The Fog, (and The Thing if we are counting that)

So far i only have H1, Dark Star, Big Trouble, and the german Escape, although I also want the VS eventually but its not a priority right now (and Starman if we are counting that)

I guess there was an earlier pressing of Assault, but i have the DW and its not like the earlier one is really a vintage pressing. and as far as recent pressing like the VS LA and all the mondo/DW/Waxwork/SB stuff i'm well and truly stocked with lol. Will try to pick up the village of the damned pressing for RSD since i passed on importing, and i still need ghosts of mars.

Also can someone PLEASE get us body bags and mouth of madness on wax...
Christine is an import so that may be why it seems elusive. Sales history on Discogs is all €

I've been blessed during my OG Carpenter quest. Only missing an MCA H3. Prices never seem to drop on that one.
By Hatter313
Oh man no it wasn’t that one haha! The one I just lost was yesterday and it went for 75 I think.

That explains Christine! The others pop up all the time just out of price range but I almost never see her floating around. Makes sense!
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:57 pm Any one feeling like dropping some cash a seller on discogs, antiquevault2016, just listed a bunch of VS records

NOES - 250
NOES2 - 100
NOES3 - 100
Creepshow - 80
The Howling - 70
POD - 75
Robocop - 50
Near Dark - 115
Halloween 2 - 150
Dawn of the Dead - 110
Contemplating masters of the universe but I just snagged the expanded....
By Hatter313
Did the howling, all VS werewolf film releases now acquired, so I’ve got that going for me
By Bub
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 am That explains Christine! The others pop up all the time just out of price range but I almost never see her floating around. Makes sense!
So I took another look & I retract my previous statement haha. It was also pressed in the US after all. I own the Euro copy which I suppose at the time was easier to obtain & just forgot about the other one. The last time a US VS copy sold on Discogs was 2015! So yeah elusive is accurate.

The Howling has been another longtime want. Good job, Hatter with achieving your mini VS WW goal ;)
By Hatter313
Wait I lied, I did the howling from another seller who had it for a bit cheaper, his is still up!

I did do POD because that’s also cheaper than I’ve seen it in a while and I was listening to that score all day today anyway.

Ugh thankfully I’m getting a good tax return soon
By CrossedPete
@hatter I love the progression of the posts. Congrats on 2 great albums that’s awesome. What are the werewolf releases?

I wish you luck on your Carpenter quest :). I totally agree we need the rest of the Carpenter catalog to be put on wax. It’s only a matter of time.

I also only have the DW version of Assault. Did Dagored issue it also? Does anybody know if it’s different in any way? I don’t mind the packaging for the DW release but it would be nice to have a new Sleeve for that release done in the style of an OG VS release

That pic of They Live is Hilarious thanks for sharing @Bub. I checked the copy of Christine I bought and for what it’s worth it’s a European version so the hunt for a US release continues.
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:57 pm Any one feeling like dropping some cash a seller on discogs, antiquevault2016, just listed a bunch of VS records

NOES - 250
NOES2 - 100
NOES3 - 100
Creepshow - 80
The Howling - 70
POD - 75
Robocop - 50
Near Dark - 115
Halloween 2 - 150
Dawn of the Dead - 110
Just looked him up the guy has a ton of stuff I want damn. I see The Thing for 60$. Who’s getting it?
By Hatter313
Yeah he’s got a bunch of stuff I want behind the VS, and some stuff I only recently picked up. There’s actually quite a few copies of The Thing out there right now that aren’t badly priced but I need to seriously slow down. I had some panic buying over the last few days and while I’m thrilled to check off some great records I gotta slow up. I’m also planning a sort of record field trip with a friend over the next few days so who knows what will be in the wild.

VS werewolf related releases:
The howling
Silver bullet
The company of wolves
By CrossedPete
I feel you dude “panic buying” is a good way of putting it. Good luck on your future hunt in the wild.

You seemed to had added a ton of VS lately. Might be time to see an updated pic :)

I really want the Howling ......and Tourists Trap, Piranha and Dressed to Kill for that matter. (I need to pick up my Pino game) I have a TER copy of Company of Wolves so I’m not in a rush for that one but if I see it for a good price you never know.
By Bezulsqy
You guys have been busy with this odyssey! Congratulations on all the new additions.
Those prices are something else though. I bought the Halloween VS a month a go from a seller in France for 100 euro. It was the cheapest one for sale considering shipping, but still a ton of money. It also was sort of an impulse buy after hearing Tony Scott do the Halloween comparison podcast where they said I needed to buy that one.

I am not sure if I'm right but I have the feeling that OGs in general are creeping up in prices. I am also trying to buy Morricone OGs in stead of a re-issue but some are impossible to find for a decent price.

As Tim said: Patience is a virtue!
By Hatter313
to double/triple down on this. I just made a goofy low ball offer on NOES...and it was accepted. it wasn't peanuts, but it was under 100 and i really didn't think they'd go for it. this is it until my field trip next month.

updated pic to come once all the recent orders are in.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 pm to double/triple down on this. I just made a goofy low ball offer on NOES...and it was accepted. it wasn't peanuts, but it was under 100 and i really didn't think they'd go for it. this is it until my field trip next month.

The seller I posted above? Or someone else?
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 pm to double/triple down on this. I just made a goofy low ball offer on NOES...and it was accepted. it wasn't peanuts, but it was under 100 and i really didn't think they'd go for it. this is it until my field trip next month.

Someone else. I randomly looked at other copies last night and there was a cheaper option, but still too much especially the way i've been spending lately. i took a gamble and offered him a little less than 100 and he took it.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:41 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 pm

Someone else. I randomly looked at other copies last night and there was a cheaper option, but still too much especially the way i've been spending lately. i took a gamble and offered him a little less than 100 and he took it.
That's awesome. I only asked because I sent the seller above a message about DotD two days ago and he hasn't responded.
By Hatter313
for sure, its weird..some of his prices are pretty good and some of them are just as dumb as they have been. good luck on DOTD, i feel like thats a negotiable price he's got it at.